Horobi no Kuni no Seifukusha - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - Floating Pox Disease

Dex-chan lover
there is still a lot of your regular Isekai trope to come.
and this is still pretty much a prologue, at this pace I wonder if the title only make sense in the 50is chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Siigh, here it is, the manga ruiner called school ark. I fucking despise whenever they come up bc most of the time they're so drawn out, have little to offer if anything and are just doshit put in to be "relatable" to the teen demographic. Fuck off :(
How can any author be like oh this dude is a reincarnate and all and He's X years old overall all lives combined, let's put them in together with fucking children, that will be entertaining!

Dex-chan lover
Siigh, here it is, the manga ruiner called school ark. I fucking despise whenever they come up bc most of the time they're so drawn out, have little to offer if anything and are just doshit put in to be "relatable" to the teen demographic. Fuck off :(
How can any author be like oh this dude is a reincarnate and all and He's X years old overall all lives combined, let's put them in together with fucking children, that will be entertaining!
I just checked the front page, it's an adaptation of a Light Novel, and may as well had come from a web-novel.

It's irritating that neat premises are concocted within echo-chambers & will eventually fall to the same tropes

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter. I've read the light novel and am enjoying seeing it as a manga.

Double-page supporter
Schools are great places to introduce new characters that could be important later on. It's a natural gathering place for people who are near the MC's age.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, just brushed off the introduction of vaccines just like that huh? One of the most important turning points in modern medicine just got a literal half-chapter with no effects to the story beyond preventing the disease, not an award or commendation or anything, not even an acknowledgment from anyone beyond his father.

Dex-chan lover
There's an empty speech bubble on page 5.

And wow that went fast. One chapter for an epidemic and the introduction of vaccines, then off to school.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, just brushed off the introduction of vaccines just like that huh? One of the most important turning points in modern medicine just got a literal half-chapter with no effects to the story beyond preventing the disease, not an award or commendation or anything, not even an acknowledgment from anyone beyond his father.
It will be acknowledged later.

As LN reader, I enjoyed school arc its was mostly used for world building and introducing characters

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it nice that the world's author is so lazy he even copied the diseases.
Who says it's not the same world?
I mean, we know it is. It was established two chapters ago that this is Earth, and he's in Scandinavia right now (even if the landmasses aren't completely 1:1 to what he remembers, but that could have any number of explanations that result in the planet still having familiar diseases).

It's kinda convenient for the nearby cow to be infected, but it's not weird for earth diseases to be kicking around, even if they end up slightly different (from whatever timeline/alternate reality bs it ends up being).

Users who are viewing this thread