Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Fiala Toll

Dex-chan lover
a55e8cf8fbc222485e7a336d62c25bc4.jpg

thank you for the new chapter, Kirei! We finally (albeit shortly) saw Hero Himmel fight. The church scene was so good and the way this chapter(arc?) ends is perfect

Dex-chan lover
At this rate, Aura will have more page time in the fan art than the actual story.
that's already the case lmao. Everyone drew her, some people are still doing it.
That aside, the fact that they seemingly managed to get something out of Frieren is worrying to say the least. Just hope Frieren doesn't come back to a world on literal and metaphorical fire, that humanity is either extinct or livestock for the demons
Thanks for the chapters

Dex-chan lover
Hummel, you are the absolute goat! I really love this chapter. Himmels perceptiveness and discipline allowed him to discern between what's real and what's fake. Absolutely brilliant writing.
I love these little moments of Himmel that the author shows us. Like we all knew he's GOAT but the little scenes here and there kinda drives more the fact that he's dependable in every situation.

Imagine having someone like that in your hero party. The absolute charisma of this man.

Dex-chan lover
OOF. The ultimate illusionist got overwhelmed because Frieren literally cannot fathom the concept of Himmel losing to something as simple as a dream.

If I was smarter I'd try to tie this into the story's narrative of magic only working through being able to work if you can picture the result, but I'll leave that to someone else.

Dex-chan lover
And as expected, the Mirrored Lotus chapter was voted to be the top 1 most popular chapter. I liked El Dorado arc ending more which was top 2, but I guess this is fair enough

Double-page supporter
OH MY GODDESS

Frieren knew something was up, but still went for a kiss with Himmel?! What's more, Himmel loves Frieren so much that even if it was an illusion, he could never take advantage of the situation and steal a kiss from her. Frimmel shippers be eating GOOD

So, it didn't play out completely how I thought it would, which is fine. I wonder how the added spell placed on the Goddess Monument got there though. I'll also have to check the previous chapters in search of continuity. I love knowing how well the authors may have planned it all out. Although I do wonder what it was that Grausam managed to understand and how much it actually impacts that present that we know. The demons are seriously up to something and there has to be something waiting for everyone at Aureole/Ende.

Looking back on the chapter where Rivale first appears, you can notice that his face doesn't appear and it makes me wonder if he has a scar. Granted, demons boast impressive healing factors, but it's always a bit inconsistent with how much they can regenerate. It'd be cool to get a line from him where he touches the scar Eisen gave him and says to Stark, "Your master was the only one to ever wound me so... I do hope you can entertain me so."

On another note, WHERE'S SEIN?! I looked back on one of the chapters and found where the city where he traveled. Granted, it wasn't so detailed to understand how far exactly they are from one another, but it seems close enough where we should be seeing him soon. At least, that's my hope. I really think with the increase of demon activity and their plot that Frieren's party will need their priest and another monk soon.

Users who are viewing this thread