Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Fiala Toll

Dex-chan lover
We rarely ever get to see how much of an amazing fighter Himmel was, or Eisen. We always hear stories of the people, & then Frieren's memories (most of which show their less heroic and great side) but actually getting to see them in action is great. Since I've always wondered what the final fight was like and how the team fair in battle

Dex-chan lover
If I was smarter I'd try to tie this into the story's narrative of magic only working through being able to work if you can picture the result, but I'll leave that to someone else.
Just as magic works by caster being able to picture the result and believing that it would work, it can as well be disrupted by the target calling it bullshit and not believing in the damage it could cause. Maybe a raw and unrefined fireball cannot be realistically disperesed that way, but intricate and fragile mind magic can

Supporter
This chapter felt kind of bittersweet. A taste of the euphoric dream I want to see but ripped away at the last moment. But, the fact that Frieren was fully willing to kiss Himmel and get married lingers in my mind. Does she truly have romantic feelings now or was it just a part of the illusion? Either way I can't wait for more.

Dex-chan lover
The silent confirmation that they both knew well of each other's feelings but decided against it stings here. Himmel knew that his fleeting human life will cause unnecessary grief on Frieren, and Frieren knew what the kind hearted Himmel thinks about the matter.
But Frieren was also prepared to expose herself to carry that grief throughout her elven life.

Dex-chan lover
And then Rivale went on to destroy Stark's village 70 years later. Eisen might have felt responsible, so he decided to raise him.
damn so Stark village really never stood a chance huh. That's the strongest warrior demon.
cbSAsAf.png

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit himmel is everyday me when something good happens damn it.
When something good happens that when something wrong happens

Users who are viewing this thread