Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Fiala Toll

Dex-chan lover
Of course he wasn't fooled.... even for a minute. I felt sure he wouldn't.

...but the way neither of them found the scenario they were in strange, or unnatural.... you get a little melancholy.

Dex-chan lover
They broke through the illusion and, with it, my heart.

Dex-chan lover
Himmel is build different indeed. Kicking a demons ass even as he's under a spell. Still him being able to reject that kiss is what makes him different. Well at least he got to dream but it seems Frieren was ready for that kiss.

Dex-chan lover
very interesting chapter.

despite all his "corrupt" conduct, Heiter still among the best priest in the world with highest divine favor. not even top illisionist can affect him.

also Himmel is really a capital HERO through and through. not indulging his own happiness even for a moment. just the fact the illusion taking that form is already satisfied him, not going any further despite frieren willingness. and Frieren despite feeling the abnormality, just accept it and ready for the kiss. she doesnt opposed to the idea... what a bitter sweet moment.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Could the hero of the south played a part here?
im very sure of it. but what exactly who knows. hopefully this get revealed later.

i mean, Hero of South alone make the demon army general work together just to stop him, and the great demon who can do clairvoyance and peer into the future still cant escape from certain death from his hands. that already make him super important to the back story and a menace to grand plan of demon race

Dex-chan lover
I was under the impression that they each had a different illusion. Marrying Frieren is probably Himmel's ideal world, but is it really Frieren's one ?

Dex-chan lover
Such a beautiful episode. This manga will forever hold a special place in my heart. I can't wait for the time when Frieren will soon realize she was in love with Himmel all along.

Also, this arc might be closing soon as I expected. We'll see hero Himmel during his retirement (grandpa) days next arc.

Last edited:
Frieren is like "I know this is an illusion but I just gotta kiss this studmuffin. If he doesn't figure it out, I'll tell him after the wedding night... Or maybe after the honeymoon... Maybe..." Then Himmel doesn't do it cuz he already knows... Bummer for Frieren!

Dex-chan lover
Maybe with the demons getting some information from Frieren, they will unknowingly do the very things they are fated to do thus making a closed loop. But once the loop closes, the future is uncertain so that the demonkind's future is still not secured.

Himmel is the goat. They should change the protagonist of this manga to Himmel, we dont really care about Frieren anymore tbh

Dex-chan lover
I think it's important to note that they were able to move their physical bodies.

Frieren was lamenting that she couldn't do anything, but she herself was able to break the first layer of the illusion.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder how high on the list of characters people want back she is. I wouldn't mind, anyway.
-barely has any screentime.
-got beaten the shit out by Hero Party.
-got "kys" by gamer Frieren.
-killed herself
Somehow became really popular
This shit doesn't make any sense to me. Demon evolution is really successful in deceiving humans I guess

Dex-chan lover
-barely has any screentime.
-got beaten the shit out by Hero Party.
-got "kys" by gamer Frieren.
-killed herself
Somehow became really popular
This shit doesn't make any sense to me. Demon evolution is really successful in deceiving humans I guess
>became really popular
as opposed to linie and the two male demons? i guess.. but frieren and fern? doubt. also I wonder if they have a character popularity contest in the anime since not a whole lot of characters are introduced yet but in manga, aura is completely btfo'd by hero of the south which has the same amount or even lesser screentime than her. only westoids adore her and knowing westoids, they will latch onto Solitar(one of my best girl) the second she is introduced.

FYu8CaJ.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread