Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 118 - Fiala Toll

Dex-chan lover
First page: Wait, is that real? Then I remembered what was going on.

Oh, so both of them are in the same dream. That says a lot.

That's a relatively unique way of escaping that. But I like that it focuses on taking advantage of the difference between a Hero and a demon. And Frieren's faith in him.

Yeah, knowing no fear is not an advantage in many cases. And you cannot be brave with no fears.

I like the extra art. Especially page 28. And 27. And it's always nice to see Aura.

At this rate, Aura will have more page time in the fan art than the actual story.
Wonder how high on the list of characters people want back she is. I wouldn't mind, anyway.

Dex-chan lover
surprised no one is making a fuss over grausam surviving this fight? my understanding is that they thought they killed him here.
true, then they must have get another encounter down the line to finish the job (maybe near DK's castle). As far as we know, one of Sage of Destruction that is killed by the party is Grausam.

If the party thought Grausam is "killed" by the Hero of the South, we would see them surprised, because at this point the fight happened years ago.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt kind of bittersweet. A taste of the euphoric dream I want to see but ripped away at the last moment. But, the fact that Frieren was fully willing to kiss Himmel and get married lingers in my mind. Does she truly have romantic feelings now or was it just a part of the illusion? Either way I can't wait for more.
Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong, but Frieren says “My five senses, recollections, and even Mana Detection tell me that this place is undeniably real.” She may have gotten fabricated memories and chosen to roll along because she has no reason to doubt the illusion’s validity.

I’d love it if she just wanted to kiss Himmel though

Dex-chan lover
surprised no one is making a fuss over grausam surviving this fight? my understanding is that they thought they killed him here.
Frieren talks about that they ended him and böse, so my guess is that they’ll meet him later. Southern took down three other sages, and aura and macht survived.
I wonder what grausam figured out. My guess would be that they trick frieren one way or another. But who knows how demons think.

Dex-chan lover
Hummel could've helped continue the elf's bloodline (in a dream) but chose not to. You might not be able to get another opportunity like this y'know? Besides, your bride was willing to kiss you at the altar so you should've taken that at the very least.

But it might've killed Himmel. If a flying kiss can make him faint, he'd die from an actual kiss (illusion 100).

Dex-chan lover
Maybe I’m just interpreting it wrong, but Frieren says “My five senses, recollections, and even Mana Detection tell me that this place is undeniably real.” She may have gotten fabricated memories and chosen to roll along because she has no reason to doubt the illusion’s validity.

I’d love it if she just wanted to kiss Himmel though
She went with the flow and was ready to kiss him. Himmel knew that it was something that couldn’t be. I find this kind of sad. Himmel had decided to have a defeatistic attitude about his oneitis from the get go. Though I guess the Frieren from 80 years ago probably wouldn’t have gone for the kiss.

I guess illusion works as a dream or a psychosis. It’s weird when you recollect something in dreams as obvious, and when you wake up you know that’s complete gibberish.

Dex-chan lover
Although I thought the chapter was great, I feel like there’s some missed potential with the illusions. If Frieren and Himmel weren’t in the same illusion together, it would have been crazy to see illusion-Frieren try to convince Himmel that the dream was real. It also would have been cool to see what Frieren of the current moment would consider to be her dream, but maybe seeing something like that right now is too early.

Dex-chan lover
Well that resolved quickly, which I am glad for. And it makes sense none of the demons died, because they're needed for future events. We're almost promised a Stark vs Rivale fight. And somehow I think Grausam is still alive. Even though future Frieren remembers him dying it could have been an illusion.

Dex-chan lover
Hummel could've helped continue the elf's bloodline (in a dream) but chose not to. You might not be able to get another opportunity like this y'know? Besides, your bride was willing to kiss you at the altar so you should've taken that at the very least.

But it might've killed Himmel. If a flying kiss can make him faint, he'd die from an actual kiss (illusion 100).
We haven’t seen any half elves or mentioning of them, so my guess would be that it’s not possible.

cool chapter, himmel truly THE hero, not A hero. but fuck me, soltair is one irritating demon, cant put a finger what i hate about her but she looks like she would have the most irritating voice possible

Dex-chan lover
there's a reason why Himmel called the greatest hero that defeat the demon king
and this chapter explained one of them

Dex-chan lover
Wait. Grausam said that the illusion he shows is something someone gives up on. Does that mean that deep inside Frieren actually wants to marry Himmel? If so... Damn...
Frieren doesn’t really understand her feelings, but she knows that she wants to know Himmel better. She’s more or less an adolescence learning about initimacy and closeness with other people. If you think about it this is sort of a coming of age manga.

That she was not against kissing Himmel and ready for it, even though knowing it was an illusion, must have been sort of an impact on Himmel. At least he said he got something pleasant out of it, maybe referring to that even if Frieren doesn’t think much of him in his timeline, she cares more about him later on. At least he meant something to her.

Dex-chan lover
In a way, we now know how devout Heiter is. If he just stopped drinking entirely (when he is young), he will be the strongest priest.
You now know the power of doing side quests for ten years. They were overpowered at end game. Like leveling final fantasy to level 99 and finishing sephiroth off with one knigts of the round summon.

Users who are viewing this thread