Damedol to Sekai ni Hitori Dake no Fan - Ch. 16 - Popochi

Dex-chan lover
Translator-kun please you need to get off tiktok

I'm saying this for your benefit, it's doing irreversible damage to your brain
Literally never seen a tiktok video (besides the shit youtube throws at me in ads).
But you gonna tell me that Kuzutani, a late-teens bleach-blonde fuccboi in modern day isn't on tiktok and wouldn't speak that way? Get a fucking clue.
If I had had Kimiya speak that way, ya'll would have a point because it wouldn't fit his character. But it fits Kuzutani and it is the English equivalent of the Japanese words used- so I don't give a damn if you find it cringey- KUZUTANI IS A CRINGEY CHARACTER THATS THE FUCKING POINT.
Jesus christ people...

Dex-chan lover
Oh and one more thing: "Gyat" is only used when you witness a fat ass, not tits
As far as I know it's a response to voluptuousness, whether it be breasts or ass- but as we're culturally in a period where men prefer ass recently, it is most often used in regards to ass, but not exclusive.

Dex-chan lover
That term is only reserved for ass, nothing more cringe than someone using slang incorrectly
I don't think you understand what OP was saying. ...Or maybe I don't. Either way, I'm just gonna copypasta something I said to someone else regarding that; "As far as I know it's a response to voluptuousness, whether it be breasts or ass- but as we're culturally in a period where men prefer ass recently, it is most often used in regards to ass, but not exclusive."

Dex-chan lover
You WILL learn unitedstatesian slang
You WILL learn the imperial measurement system
You WILL have to check the convertion rate of USD to your currency every once in a while
And you WILL be happy
I'm British.
I use the metric system.
Haven't touched another currency besides Japanese Yen in over 14 years.
Check yourself and your self-righteousness at the door.

Dex-chan lover
Its even cringier that you are claiming you cringed from it being used incorrectly
God Damn -> Goddamn -> Gawddamn -> Gyoddamn - Gyattdamn -> Gyatt - an exclamation used in surprise or shock when referring to a woman or part of a woman. It was never only about asses, the meaning has been distorted by tiktok kids and enabled by the streamers they watch...

Actually it was never even only about women. It's just an exclamation of surprise
THANK YOU! Finally someone who actually knows something instead of getting offended that the purity of the Japanese language has been sullied by the English translation.... when these idiots have no idea just how many meme-y words there are in Japanese and how quick they go through them. Japanese uses meme-y neologisms, so I do (where appropriate) too in my translations.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, she's a bitch...
Thanks for the translation, but I hope you step on a Lego brick for putting in the meme lingo
Okay, fine- you learn Japanese, look at the raws and tell me how you'd translate it differently? Literally their Japanese-English equivalents in modern day (and don't fool yourself, this series is set in modern day.)

Dex-chan lover
The translation was fine aside from the garbage zoomer lingo that was inserted in it.
I'm just barely a millenial (in the older direction). Nowhere near a zoomer.
But on that point though, KUZUTANI IS A ZOOMER FUCCBOI How the fuck do you think he was speak if not like this? He's a cringey bleach-blonde late-teens fuccboi zoomer, of course he's gonna use those words. Christ, do some critical thinking.

Dex-chan lover
I'm a 34 year old British guy living in Japan, been here for 14 years. Currently a carpenter by trade- not some "ESL folk trying to be kewl".
I'm impressed that such an inept attempt at looking kewl would come from someone who were not an ESL guy.
Using lexicon suited to the character is part of the job.
Indeed it is, and you have failed.
He is a late-teens fuccboi in modern day, if he was speaking English he would use those words.
Nope. Maybe a TikTok shut-in would do so, but he's not speaking as would an Anglophone equivalent to the character.
I notice no-one is complaining about my use of the word "Yo", "Bro", etc.
I don't typically bother to complain when the matter is hopeless.
Ya'll need to chill the fuck out.
You need to learn the proper spelling of “y'all”; it is “you all” with the “ou” lost in ellision, not “ya all” with a second “a” lost.

More importantly, you need to understand that an uproar about slang, largely amongst user of the language for which it is a slang, means that you're doing it wrong.

I'm not sure if I vibe with the usage of "rizz" tbh.

Even a webtoon from webtoons.com had the word "rizz" and "rizzed up".

Users who are viewing this thread