Mairimashita! Iruma-kun - Ch. 338 - A Muddy Stream Aflame

Dex-chan lover
Magic in this series isn't really some kind of quantifiable energy or something. There's no such thing as mana or whatever.

Take for example; the Demon King's authority. Sullivan once said that the Demon King's will is the will of all of Hell. If the Demon King wants a path through a mountain, the entirety of Hell would make it. As viewers, we don't really consider it magical despite how absurd that is. The painting is similar as that.
brother did you miss that Irima can use magic with the ring cuz it has MANA in the ring? MANA exist in this world what are you talking about? did you forgot the werdo guy that has sooo little mana that he needs special metal with mana inside??

Dex-chan lover
Watch, it is a picture of a human or demons being super happy or something like that.

Double-page supporter
I don't think iruma realizes the extent of Beem's madness induced painting, he's new to the world remember? and like the real world, people don't put too much into learning art history (or art in general) like artists.

the outcome of this chapter was predictable considering everyone was too hands off with beem, it's obvious that it won't be allowed to used, but what I like is that we're shown she's actually considerate enough for Sylvia('s sanity) maybe in response to her feelings.

i feel like the solution here is that they have to make a copy of the original, which lessens the madness inducing effect, considering sylvia was fine after seeing a copy of the painting as a child.

Double-page supporter
Suffering from success.

I have seen that expression a lot recently.

I respect that even if they want to paint and show their art so much... Beem has consideration to be careful showing it.

I am against censorship as much as anyone, but when the art, in this case, has a repeatable, observable, and severe effect on the psyche of people... I can't fault Kalego-sensei for saying no.

But I am curious how the 05 council would categorize Beem's masterpiece.
Probably Keter or above most likely.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's clear Beem's paintings are affected by some kind of bloodline that they or their family has. That's why it causes health issues to people who gaze upon Beem's works.

I mean, Kalego isn't censoring stuff for the lulz. He always puts students' safety first.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if iruma can help, if it's the unexpected that circumvents the nature of demons- probably the protagonist. I'd love to see how far young Sabnock and Beem goes
I'm guessing he might have painted a younger sister type character, who happens to look a lot like Sylvia surprisingly.

Expressing the true terror only a younger sister can possess, and it shocked dear Kalego to the bone indeed. Imouto Power 9000 > Kalego apparently.

What if he painted Sylvia with a BEAMING smile, and that just SHOCKED the soul out of these ill-natured, good demons?

Double-page supporter
Students: "I hope our arts will be exposed to many!"

Teachers:

hitlergoebbels1500.jpg
How is that painter on the left?

Dex-chan lover
I wander what the solution will be for this one. Seeing others' reaction to Beem' s art make me wander if this arc would also, somehow, help Gaap-kun.

The mental attacks are very similar to the effect Garp's true face has on demons.
No, this entire story started with the premise of Sylvia wanting to be an aspiring artist. Like the rest of her artisan family in a sense. Beem is the deuteragonist of the story, currently in the limelight, while Sylvia is the protagonist of the arc.

At least, from the way I see it.

Gaap-kun will get his own character development arc in the future (hopefully, since this one is supposed to be a stepping stone for Sabnock's younger sister)

Double-page supporter
No, this entire story started with the premise of Sylvia wanting to be an aspiring artist. Like the rest of her artisan family in a sense. Beem is the deuteragonist of the story, currently in the limelight, while Sylvia is the protagonist of the arc.

At least, from the way I see it.

Gaap-kun will get his own character development arc in the future (hopefully, since this one is supposed to be a stepping stone for Sabnock's younger sister)
I meant more like the end of this arc would lead to Gaap's arc, since we most likely won't find out how the battra will solve this until the day of the festival.

Unless Gaap is the solution in this arc? Could be another option since they went out of their way to add Agares and Gaap earlier on.

Dex-chan lover
Magic in this series isn't really some kind of quantifiable energy or something. There's no such thing as mana or whatever.

This is false. I don't know if there is a proper in universe term for it, but Mana certainly exists in iruma. That's the point of the ring. To absorb and store magic energy for later use. It does not store the magic in the form it was absorbed either, it can be repurposed into any other magical ability.

That being said, there does seem to be some difference between Spells and Bloodline magic. Bloodline magic does not seem to consume Mana, like Spells do. Clara can pull out whatever she wants, but when she used it in tandem with other succubi magic, it sapped both her and irumas magic, but iruma was fine because the ring has more than enough

Dex-chan lover
Also I think the more interesting part of this is that it's Silvia at all. This whole thing is Baal adjacent, and that makes me a little nervous. Sabro and Silvia are in perpetual danger, and I can't stop worrying about it, especially in an arc focused on Silvia

Dex-chan lover
Oh, you
I meant more like the end of this arc would lead to Gaap's arc, since we most likely won't find out how the battra will solve this until the day of the festival.

Unless Gaap is the solution in this arc? Could be another option since they went out of their way to add Agares and Gaap earlier on.
meant in the sense of overcoming their fears, their inner terrors, and emerging victorious over their inner demons?

In those terms, I do agree with you. Gaap is a good candidate to be next for a quick character update. I mean long and grueling Harvest Festival 0 to hero arc starring Gaap.

Users who are viewing this thread