The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You - Ch. 169 - The Girl That Slipped Right Into Rentarou’s Family

Dex-chan lover
i was thinking what if it was the reverse relationship? like what if he gets the zing with a new girl, but he finds out that she's in a relationship/married, like how would he navigate it? like ik its gag comedy, but would still be a internesting predicament to be in.
I don't this will happen because having a soulmate is a blessing from the love god, I don't think he'd appreciate throwing a monkey wrench in an already good relationship.

Fed-Kun's army
Aww, I was expecting some "first time this happened at the chapter's end" straightmanning there instead.

So, just like Kiki, Usami is a girlfriend that you could say is "unlocked" only after Rentarou already amassed quite a number in the family first.

Also, i think there's still a chance for Usami to actually have some Yandere-ish traits, at least in the "clingy stalker" category. There are some clues in this chapter and also previous one:
-She can nonchalantly blends in a crowd,
-She can acts all-overly-friendly to people she has an interest in even before formally introducing herself,
-She managed to capture a "family-worthy" photo of Rentarou without him knowing.
-She said whenever she tried to make or join a group of friends, said friends keep finding her to be a huge nuisance, and thus push her away, this could be interpreted as Usami being excessively clingy to her friend.
-Obviously, her stalker-ish efforts to join the Rentarou's family, including the fact that no one caught onto her previously despite her pretty eye-catching visual and tall height.
-Her fondness for crowdedness reach a point where being crushed inside a crowd actually excites her.

All in all, she's definitely a fitting addition for the family, lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I still wonder how Nakamura-sensei will resolve the matter of too many girlfriends in the future. We're almost in 30, and it feels quite packed. We know they do some chapters with a few girlfriends to balance things, but that will become much more difficult from now on. I mean, imagine 50 GFs.

I truly wonder if they would come up with some forced separation in-universe, at least for a time.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter now makes me want a chapter where a girl wants to join the group, but can't because there is no zing.

NIB

Fed-Kun's army
By a moment, I thought she was a yandere. I was just a girl with a case of autophobia.
This manga never ceases to surprise me, I swear I thought I had skipped a chapter or something, this was way too brillant.
Welcome to the Rentaro Family, Bunny Girl.

i was thinking what if it was the reverse relationship? like what if he gets the zing with a new girl, but he finds out that she's in a relationship/married, like how would he navigate it? like ik its gag comedy, but would still be a internesting predicament to be in.
That simply wouldn't work with 100 kanojo, this manga doesn't have that style of "stealing" girls just because the MC is on a mission to "save girls", that only works with series with a more "realistic" romance concept, where the MC suffers from loneliness or trauma. What's more, I have realized with Shizuka and Kusuri's mothers that the "Zing" doesn't work if the women are married, maybe it would work if she were a widow or single, the closest thing to that we had for that example is Hahari and Yaku (in both cases because their partners are dead), It may work, but they're just theories.

Keep in mind that Rentaro is literally "cursed" by a lazy god, so the "Zing" is more than mandatory.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nme4h9q.png

non threatening threat xD
respecting the walks :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
I've never been one to pay very close attention to character design, but 3 things jump out at me right away with Shiina:
  1. She has a noticeable rabbit-like buck-tooth when her mouth is open (I mentioned this in an earlier post)
  2. Her outfit has a cottontail (see page 11)
  3. The two bunny plushies in her pockets, presumably so she always has some companionship

Dex-chan lover
I still wonder how Nakamura-sensei will resolve the matter of too many girlfriends in the future. We're almost in 30, and it feels quite packed. We know they do some chapters with a few girlfriends to balance things, but that will become much more difficult from now on. I mean, imagine 50 GFs.

I truly wonder if they would come up with some forced separation in-universe, at least for a time.
I legit think that the end of the manga won't be when he hits 100 but he'll hit around 50, and do a big arc that involves Rentaro having to re-zing those girls and end it with a time skip of him having a family of 100 and growing.

Double-page supporter
Now I'm wondering about a girl who has the opposite problem; a fear of crowds.
Specifically enochlophobia (or so Google-sensei tells me), though could also come bundled with claustrophobia.
I'd guess she'd be a hikikomori, or at least a recluse NEET, that he'd meet by chance due to needing to deliver school papers to her or something.
It would be hard to write a character like that in with the way the rest of this story goes. Though maybe it could work as a occasional aside after her initial introductory arc with a dedicated chapter once a year for her (but with context that Rentarou visits fairly regularly off-page).
OR she could remote in via video/audio chat if her condition is specifically aversion to crowds rather than actually socially inept, or a combination of both.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I think the person that the girl will be dating will end up being another girl who Rentarou also zings with.

Dex-chan lover
Slightly sad that she isn't really yandere, but at least she's still a stalker 😁👍 as a rabbit lover and someone who enjoys being packed together in a crowd I feel a strong sense of kinship with this girlfriend, might even be a top of my favorites. Oh btw here's my favorites list so far: Hakari and her mom, drunk lady, efficient grade A++ Asian student, homeless cat lady, the most beautiful person in the universe, and last but definitely not least, female knight. (Plus this rabbit now I guess) Oh and I guess veggie girl too, and Walter white as an anime girl as well. P.S this doesn't mean that I don't like the others, these are just some of my favs. Typing favs made me realize I forgot about the gal, and also the hungry type (what Rentarou introduced Kurumi as) oh and obedient trauma dump girl, and the stoic baseball bat girl, and Rin (her grin is so cute) well I better stop here, or else I'm going to end up listing all 28 of them. Btw Rentarou is obviously best girl, for proof of this just look at the chapter where the Bard and the gal went on a date with him (her?)

Dex-chan lover
I love Shiina already.

Mildly off-topic question — is there anything besides gloating to the cover page's "Season 2 of the anime is locked, locked, locked, locked, locked in"? That is, was there a date announced or other substantial news?

Dex-chan lover
I legit think that the end of the manga won't be when he hits 100 but he'll hit around 50, and do a big arc that involves Rentaro having to re-zing those girls and end it with a time skip of him having a family of 100 and growing.
Author literally said he had bullet points for all 100 girlfriends in the interview

Dex-chan lover
I love Shiina already.

Mildly off-topic question — is there anything besides gloating to the cover page's "Season 2 of the anime is locked, locked, locked, locked, locked in"? That is, was there a date announced or other substantial news?
In June there is 100kano event when VA of anime are gathering, so most likely they will reveal season 2 news here.

Dex-chan lover
If anybody could pull off a stable polyamorous relationship with an unrelated third party, it'd be Rentarou. The reason I don't think it'll happen is because it's not worth dealing with the outcry over "NTR in muh gag manga".

What could maybe work is having a chapter about a girl having a non-zingy crush on him and how that turns out.

I think the person that the girl will be dating will end up being another girl who Rentarou also zings with.
May I direct you towards chapter 1?

Users who are viewing this thread