GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 131

Dex-chan lover
I hope we will learn something about Lelei's fate in the next chapter. This whole sudden withdrawal is quite an annoying plot development (because it's 100% stupid and irresponsible politics), so I could use something else for a change.

Dex-chan lover
I hope we will learn something about Lelei's fate in the next chapter. This whole sudden withdrawal is quite an annoying plot development (because it's 100% stupid and irresponsible politics), so I could use something else for a change.
Stupid and irresponsible for the soldiers on the ground, but entirely understandable for the high command at home who have never set foot inside the Gate and just issue orders to prevent troops being cut off (because that would be a PR disaster for them, at the least).

Dex-chan lover
The Japanese are packing up their foreign wives home, it's over guys
I mean, they were given the order to retreat but there was no such order that said they couldn't bring home one or two bunny and cat girls. And a blonde loli. And a I forgot what color Myui's hair was loli. And a preg noble lady.

I think among the JP, the only ones staying is the other otaku who nailed the cat maid with glasses, Sugawara since the police will probably be waiting for him once he gets back and Youji by power of the heroines.

Tyule will probably either end up getting rescued by the spy/cook or end up dying to save him and help him escape. It'll be a nice surprise but the way the writing has been going I don't think she's going to get a happy ending.

Scared for Pina as well, she's still technically a heroine but she's more of a sub heroine than anything. Those are usually expendable.

Dex-chan lover
For what is a suddenly made army, Pina's forces are putting up a hell of a fight.

As much as Tyuuly tried killing Lelei... I hate what is happening to her, girl has gotten a lot of Ls and the fuck that is the reason for that now is making her be gang raped.

She deserves to at least see or know Zorzal is dead, before... well... I don't see a happy end for her.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like I can understand why the author has gone this direction, but… I don’t know.

For me personally, what attracted me to this story was that it was a fun, fantasy, semi-lighthearted story with cool characters and developing cultures where most of the cast acted intelligently and not like dense idiots 24/7. The honesty of the politics, the seriousness of the situations and relationships, and the story’s willingness to dip into much darker tones were all good things. BUT for ME, that was all nice for reinforcing the core that I loved: a fun story about people making a life in a new world and the fun situations that ensued.

Now that dichotomy seems flipped: the fun story is fluff that supports the drama instead. And, I can’t sit and say that’s “wrong to do” since the author can decide whatever story they want to express. And the “quality or skill” of the author is still clearly there. But the story has drifted away from what drew me in and had me so hooked for month after month, year after year.

I’m not saying I’m dropping this, I’ll read it to the end, but I’m now… not looking forward to new chapters. I now just expect awful things to happen to this cast that I fell in love with, and watch as this world burns in war. I don’t think I’d have been very interested in this series if this was the tone from the start.

Users who are viewing this thread