GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 131

Double-page supporter
it's been a while but as I recall, yes Italica does fall, the Japanese bug out, and the gate gets cut off. In short... it gets worse
i remember seeing the opposite in spoilers....

Fed-Kun's army
i remember seeing the opposite in spoilers....

Hm actually, after re-reading, a
strategic retreat happens later.
Also, that last page: This is where
Furuta will decide to stay and rescue Tyuule
Source of this spoiler: Gate LN 09 - The Dark Gate Part 1
That means the Manga is near its end when it comes to translation!
Because in the next LN Volume
the mutual kill of Zorzal and Tyuule will happen

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So in short the Japanese are going to come back to a world in ruin, all their friends they've made dead or enslaved, and they'll be like "buh buh, we were just following orders tho???"

Fuck outta here this is getting shit.
Many country in the past fled from country they attacked leaving their local allie to die or worst. The most well know is probably the USA with the Vietnam.
Politic dont give a fuck about these things, and that's a good thing in this story, as we see that all the soldier have to make the choice to blindly follow the order or stay and get cut of from their homeland.

Dex-chan lover
I wish this rabbit queen could finaly catch a break... Her entire life is one massive drama. She sacrificied herself for her people, her people still got killed, her people resent her despist her sacrifice because retard told them they were sold by their queen.
Then she become a sex slave, and even after this she is treated like shit and end up getting rapped by sub-human...

I wonder what this cuck, i mean cook, who seemingly fell for her expected to happen after he had the chance to flee with her but didn't take it.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what this cuck, i mean cook, who seemingly fell for her expected to happen after he had the chance to flee with her but didn't take it.
Well, real spies are specially trained to shove their personal feelings so deep down for their mission must not be affected in any way. But he can try to do something really-really bold (like killing those 2 generals/high-ranking officers and saving the girl) right about now as his mission was cancelled.

Dex-chan lover
Well, real spies are specially trained to shove their personal feelings so deep down for their mission must not be affected in any way. But he can try to do something really-really bold (like killing those 2 generals/high-ranking officers and saving the girl) right about now as his mission was cancelled.
From what i remember there was a moment when he could have extracted her. So he could have saved her and still continue his mission. And from a spy view point, saving a queen, even if she lost her land, is still a good thing as it give his country a claim to take the land back and form a pupet government.

I feel like I can understand why the author has gone this direction, but… I don’t know.

For me personally, what attracted me to this story was that it was a fun, fantasy, semi-lighthearted story with cool characters and developing cultures where most of the cast acted intelligently and not like dense idiots 24/7. The honesty of the politics, the seriousness of the situations and relationships, and the story’s willingness to dip into much darker tones were all good things. BUT for ME, that was all nice for reinforcing the core that I loved: a fun story about people making a life in a new world and the fun situations that ensued.

Now that dichotomy seems flipped: the fun story is fluff that supports the drama instead. And, I can’t sit and say that’s “wrong to do” since the author can decide whatever story they want to express. And the “quality or skill” of the author is still clearly there. But the story has drifted away from what drew me in and had me so hooked for month after month, year after year.

I’m not saying I’m dropping this, I’ll read it to the end, but I’m now… not looking forward to new chapters. I now just expect awful things to happen to this cast that I fell in love with, and watch as this world burns in war. I don’t think I’d have been very interested in this series if this was the tone from the start.
You said exactly what I had in mind :) To be honnest, I'm worried when I see a new chapter to see how awful things might become...

I really want the Manga to take different route than the novel, for tyuule to survive and get her happy ending with chef furuta

Aggregator gang
I feel like I can understand why the author has gone this direction, but… I don’t know.

For me personally, what attracted me to this story was that it was a fun, fantasy, semi-lighthearted story with cool characters and developing cultures where most of the cast acted intelligently and not like dense idiots 24/7. The honesty of the politics, the seriousness of the situations and relationships, and the story’s willingness to dip into much darker tones were all good things. BUT for ME, that was all nice for reinforcing the core that I loved: a fun story about people making a life in a new world and the fun situations that ensued.

Now that dichotomy seems flipped: the fun story is fluff that supports the drama instead. And, I can’t sit and say that’s “wrong to do” since the author can decide whatever story they want to express. And the “quality or skill” of the author is still clearly there. But the story has drifted away from what drew me in and had me so hooked for month after month, year after year.

I’m not saying I’m dropping this, I’ll read it to the end, but I’m now… not looking forward to new chapters. I now just expect awful things to happen to this cast that I fell in love with, and watch as this world burns in war. I don’t think I’d have been very interested in this series if this was the tone from the start.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I feel like I'm watching a good thing end up being burnt into cinders and I am not enjoying the view. The war scenes are cool but I'm not looking forward to the tragic ends.

I'm so tired of "allegation" comments. Every time people write it and every time it's just bland. It's just sitting there and taking space when any other comment could've been more relevant.

Users who are viewing this thread