GATE - Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri - Ch. 130

Fed-Kun's army
man, the artist really drawn that bunnies in a good way hahaha. But man I am really getting tired of this. We all know this will have a good ending and lets be honest almus would have some drones or missiles so why not use them...
Iirc, they aren't allow to bring any up to date weaponry through the gate. So that way they still have the advantage even if the other side get's their hands on them.

Dex-chan lover
Iirc, they aren't allow to bring any up to date weaponry through the gate. So that way they still have the advantage even if the other side get's their hands on them.
...Bruh. they brought tanks, missiles, RPGs, various guns, helicopters, fighter jets... They had a pretty expansive repetoire. However, they did keep that separate from the locals in almost all cases, and where they were armed (with infantry weapons only), it was only under the command of JSDF personnel; after the action was done and they returned to base, all materiel was also returned.

Fed-Kun's army
...Bruh. they brought tanks, missiles, RPGs, various guns, helicopters, fighter jets... They had a pretty expansive repetoire. However, they did keep that separate from the locals in almost all cases, and where they were armed (with infantry weapons only), it was only under the command of JSDF personnel; after the action was done and they returned to base, all materiel was also returned.
From what I understood it's all old models though. Obsolete versions or whatever. Think they mentioned it at the very beginning. Not that I could tell the difference though lol. Modern day weaponry doesn't interest me much. :LOL:

Dex-chan lover
WeT6IyC.png

the real fun is about to begin

Dex-chan lover
From what I understood it's all old models though. Obsolete versions or whatever. Think they mentioned it at the very beginning. Not that I could tell the difference though lol. Modern day weaponry doesn't interest me much. :LOL:
The JSDF typically uses older equipment to begin with, and many militaries out there still use materiel that dates back to the 1960's, today.

Power Uploader
No, that was never a thing in this manga. Most of the tech they are using are just what they are using till this day. Missels are used from the 80 and drones from the 1990 so yeah they could.

Dex-chan lover
Japan uses obsolete versions they buy from the US, and then they send the obsolete versions of those through the gate, so two generations old. The troops that are pulling back right now, would still be jealous of Tom Cruise' Maverick, the jets from the first movie would still be newer.

Dex-chan lover
Japan uses obsolete versions they buy from the US, and then they send the obsolete versions of those through the gate, so two generations old. The troops that are pulling back right now, would still be jealous of Tom Cruise' Maverick, the jets from the first movie would still be newer.
They don't use "obsolete versions". Military materiel models from the 70's through 90's are still pretty standard, they produce quite a lot of their own materiel as well (They do get a lot from the US still, but they also manufacture locally, or get imports from other countries, too) and are only just starting to be phased out even in the US military, eg. the Beretta M9 from 1982 (which replaced the M1911A1 much to many's chagrin) is only now being replaced by the Sig Sauer M17, since 2017. However, there still isn't a replacement for the TOW (1970) or Stinger (1981), amongst many others.

As for vehicles: F-15 Eagles actually came out two years after the F-14 Tomcat that "Maverick" flew, and are still in service around the world, including in the USA; the F-14 is retired, on the other hand. They also have the Mitsubishi F-2, from 1992, and the commonly-used Bell 412, based off the ubiquitous "Huey" line of helicopters, was introduced in 1981, and the Type 74 MBT in 1975; these are just a small sampling of what they have. The US military's AH-64 Apache, still in use today, was introduced in 1986, and the M1 Abrams in 1980, by comparison; similarly, the M109 (the original, still in service, was designed in 1963! Variants or minor upgrades were developed roughly every 10 years until the 7th took 20, hopping from the M109A6 in 1994 to M109A7 in 2015).

Dex-chan lover
The pacing is horrendously damaged by them jumping between plot lines constantly. And as I have been marathoning from around ch 45 last 2 days I can also mention that the way it handles tension (building it up like a cliffhanger before just switching scene to other plot line) causes extreme buildup of readers fatigue. Was honestly about to put on-hold a couple of times but clenching my teeth and caught up as I had little enough left (but man did it become a chore :/ ).
This take so long I just forgot where is my boi itami
itami is in a hospital because he was infected by a facehugger from Alien.
I am just so done with Zorzal FFS. We've been pulled out with him being a dickass in the background for literal years with the manga, I just want his arc to be closed out (without any offense meant to Pina or the author and mangaka)
They keep on showing they can assassinate him, and saying they won't because it solves nothing... When they have a legitimate government and the civil war is between a coup from a prince vs the rest of the royal family. Taking him out would've obviously made a lot of the other side change side (at least if offered amnesty or more lenient punishment after he dies), and overall invalidate that entire kobold-head organization as their entire authority is based in "fulfilling specifically crown-prince's orders and noone else matters".

Users who are viewing this thread