Mairimashita! Iruma-kun: If Episode of Mafia - Ch. 8 - Princess

Dex-chan lover
Swear Tory Lanez verse from Understand works perfectly here

"Bad bitch, know a nigga name
Whether if you lowkey or underground with a lil' fame" 🔥 🔥 🔥
Hopefully Ameri doesn't shoot Iruma here.

---

Ameri in this AU is so fucking amazing. I thought she was best girl in the original but here it is unquestionable. Can't wait for her to make bad decisions and but heads.

Contributor
Isn't Ameri's personality too careful to fall for a scam? She knows he is alive and where now, so there shouldn't be as much desperation.

The least suspenseful cliff of the entire comic.
Her blindspot is her ambition and Iruma. One step got her closer. What’s one more step? After all who cares about Bablys. Iruma can just be with her for the rest of time.

Dex-chan lover
51230ac166b311f27b5cbff0002341a7.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Silly Ameri, Iruma doesn't call you "-san" because he wants to put distance between you two, it's because he respects you so much, because you're so cool.
Well, she definitely is, but, nope, Iruma clearly started adding "-san" to her name at the end (pages 36 and 37), indicating that he felt the distance between them widened. That's in striking contrast with how he didn't bother using honorifics right from the get-go after a long separation. Unless you were making a little joke, and i'm pointing out the obvious.

On a different note, didn't knew the 4th person on student council was a girl, lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
okay- okay

I'm gonna TRY not to rant but omg

first of women <3

second of all I love this, you guy's do not understand how much i love this.

In the OG Ameri is someone I'm "okay" with Ameri as proabable endgame.

She a decent enough character, I just tend to have an aversion to romantic interested that are introduced as such, in non romance focused media (specifically women). Ergo i would love her in the og if her crsuh on Iruma maybe devolped slower? hard to say.

EITHER WAY

This Ameri is so interesting. No only do i like her outfit much more (the absolute drip on her-)
I also think the way the introduction of romance is handled is much better, even though the pacing is even faster than in manga?? How??

I guess It would be the way her love for iruma is woven into her caracter?
She helped protect and develop the slums because she wants to create that kind of home for herself and others. Because she doesn't want anyone to look down on the place she grew up in.

This want is both completely seperate and very interwoven with her relationship to iruma. They both grew up with each other in the slums- probably made the fondest of memories with each other.

And then Iruma was adoptnapped by old gramps mafia

To loose someone so dear to her, to know that there is nothing she can do about it and this is happening to other children as well
And he's not even dead, just an arms reach away.

So she tries to do the thing she can, create a place that can protect Iruma and all the children she sees. Over time she must have created a protector role in her mind. That this is something she is and has to do, wants to do.

You can best see it with the way she uses that childrens book as analogy to describe the situation.

The typical Gender roles are entirely switched. Ameri is the active protector and underdog who works towards her goal. To save the princess, protect the kingdom and help the citizens. She casts herself as the prince because that's who she wants to be.
Suave, charming, proactive and dependable. She wants to sweep iruma of his feet and make sure he never has to leave again.

And you can also see how she casts Iruma into the role of the princess, even though it doesn't fit! She spent so long building up this fantasy of Iruma as pure victim and helpless- that he's in need of her help specifically. It's to the point that this has become the inverse of many stories of Men projecting their ideals on Women.

But Iruma isn't the princess, he rejects that idea clearly. Probably not only from a gender standpoint.

Iruma is the boss of Babels by choice. Because he wants to take burden from Grandpa mafiosi's shoulders. Because he's long taken control of his own situation. He doesn't need Ameris saving. He want her support, just as much as he wants to support her. As the friends he remembers being! As Equals.

And this dichotomy leads to friction. They both never forgot each other but have grown to be different people who expect their relationship to develop different ways.

Guys I'm feral this is such an interesint relationship dynamic-

Dex-chan lover
Hiroja-sensei has the "makes you hot" beam. Everyone's hotter in this spin-off.
Ameri is even hotter and badass here.
I think I saw Atori on page 33.

Dex-chan lover
man everyone just looks so much cooler in this spin off....the outfits,the style, the personality everything is an upgrade lol

Dex-chan lover
I’m surprised Ameri’s dad is not there to take care of her. She’s turn into a street kid. Makes me wonder how the other family members are or even the other misfit class are at.

I'm excited how they will introduce Azazel Henry.
like, is he in Police too or something and was separated with his daughter or might as well thought she was dead as a child but actually survived in the slums..

I'd be really disappointed if Papa Henry didn't reincarnated here 🙃😭

Dex-chan lover
Damn AU Ameri is something...

Also Ocho, what the hell are you doing?! Stay away from her! I'm not gonna trust you in this universe as well!

Aggregator gang
Silly Ameri, Iruma doesn't call you "-san" because he wants to put distance between you two, it's because he respects you so much, because you're so cool.

And he feels he's not on your level yet.
It's the same both here and in the OG manga.
No, he was definitely adding the honorific to put some distance between them. Obviously he's incredibly happy that Amelie's okay and thriving, but throughout the entire chapter she's hearing but not listening to him. Like RobinMedea said, she's built up this image of Iruma in her head that is entirely a victim of Babyls and has no sense of agency, when both we as readers and Iruma himself know that's not the case. Iruma does not need "saving" from Babyls, and never has. Hell, he's so high up on Babyls' rung ladder that he has the power to work together with Amelie to bring the slums to their best state possible, but she's not listening.

She instead infantilises him, makes him out to be a defenseless baby and calls him "someone who needs to be protected," and that line is when Iruma adds the honorific. Amelie is not, perhaps even refuses to, see Iruma for who he is right this moment, and that makes him uncomfortable. You can see it on his face. He wants her to see that he's not someone who needs protecting, that they can work together to make things better, but he cannot do that without the additional distance between them because of how tunnel-visioned Amelie is right now. Hopefully she's not so tunnel-visioned that she signs the contract, but we'll see in a month lol.

Users who are viewing this thread