The Most Heretical Last Boss Queen Who Will Become the Source of Tragedy Will Devote Herself for the Sake of the People. ~To the Savior~ - Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
The "Last Boss" in the title is not just for show.
But wasn't she just prior in a pickle and had to have her life saved the the retainer? So it clearly was just for show. In that chapter.

edit: oh, nvm, seems that was part of their plan to begin with. You know, the one I had no memory of as I forgot the entire story 2+ chapters ago :p

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Like a hot knife cutting butter.

I don’t remember Alan’s special power and if that assisted him doing that, but all the knights are super buff regardless.

Too bad in the anime they made it a cut across the bad guys chest and not like the manga where Alan sliced the dude in half. I personally think it would have been a great show of strength if in the anime they showed Alan slicing the dude in half.

Alans power was rejuvenation which he thought was only good for being crops and not for being a knight.

Pacing-wise, where is the manga relative to the anime?

This chapter is right at the end of episode 10 in the anime.

Double-page supporter
But wasn't she just prior in a pickle and had to have her life saved the the retainer? So it clearly was just for show. In that chapter.

edit: oh, nvm, seems that was part of their plan to begin with. You know, the one I had no memory of as I forgot the entire story 2+ chapters ago :p

That was not because she had to have the guy save her it was because she wanted to capture the guy and make him show his power so that she could use him later. Remember besides being the last boss she also has the information from playing the game many times and through multiple scenarios (most people who play games end up playing their favorites many times) along with the power of premonition. So, she could foresee (or she knows she will need him later) that she will need his power later (don't want to give any spoilers).

Thanks for the translation. I am really enjoying this series.

Dex-chan lover
xrvpse.jpg

This chapter in a nutshell

Too bad in the anime they made it a cut across the bad guys chest and not like the manga where Alan sliced the dude in half. I personally think it would have been a great show of strength if in the anime they showed Alan slicing the dude in half.
Ooo so that's why i don't remember there being that scene in the anime

Dex-chan lover
Born with the power to make magical chains appear out of thin air. "I guess I'll become a slaver. It was that or work in a bdsm club."
AWU3lk9.jpg

Dex-chan lover

To your "edit": you are certainly forgiven. I don't know how many Manga you are reading consecutively (I would say it is the number under "reading" under "follows" but from experience that number isn't valid for "actively reading" since it includes manga not updated in [insert number of months/years here], whereby "actively reading" would be things updated within the past two months, or things that you are "behind" with). My number generally exceeds 100, and that doesn't include non-manga that I read or videos that I watch.
In the times of yore, when one was lucky to have even a single book to read, reread, and reread again, one could be expected to have the entire damn thing memorized. In today's world of constant releases of various consumable media, one can no longer be expected to remember every detail of every "thing" that they have read. (As you might be able to tell, I have had this argument with someone before. They were arrogantly incredulous that a number of commenters couldn't remember what specifically happened in the past few chapters... They were incredulous that people couldn't remember the specifics of each and every chapter enough to be able to go to the specific chapter and reference the page number of "some thing" purely from memory. So... I "politely" informed them of the above).

So, you are certainly forgiven for not remembering what could very easily be an arbitrary moment in a chapter from a few months ago, in just one thing (out of however many you enjoy). Don't let anyone hold that against you...

Ok. THAT went on much longer than I thought when I decided I wanted to respond to your comment. Sorry for the wall of text...

Dex-chan lover
To your "edit": you are certainly forgiven. I don't know how many Manga you are reading consecutively (I would say it is the number under "reading" under "follows" but from experience that number isn't valid for "actively reading" since it includes manga not updated in [insert number of months/years here], whereby "actively reading" would be things updated within the past two months, or things that you are "behind" with). My number generally exceeds 100, and that doesn't include non-manga that I read or videos that I watch.
In the times of yore, when one was lucky to have even a single book to read, reread, and reread again, one could be expected to have the entire damn thing memorized. In today's world of constant releases of various consumable media, one can no longer be expected to remember every detail of every "thing" that they have read. (As you might be able to tell, I have had this argument with someone before. They were arrogantly incredulous that a number of commenters couldn't remember what specifically happened in the past few chapters... They were incredulous that people couldn't remember the specifics of each and every chapter enough to be able to go to the specific chapter and reference the page number of "some thing" purely from memory. So... I "politely" informed them of the above).

So, you are certainly forgiven for not remembering what could very easily be an arbitrary moment in a chapter from a few months ago, in just one thing (out of however many you enjoy). Don't let anyone hold that against you...

Ok. THAT went on much longer than I thought when I decided I wanted to respond to your comment. Sorry for the wall of text...
I only use md's built-in follows for manwha (because MAL lacks entries - though for some reason I instead use the [L]ocal feature for mangas lacking entries :p), and I don't read many manwha. Syncing the rest to MAL using MAL-sync instead.

It's never good to tie your tracking to single site you read on (separation of concerns), or a single source (in case they disappear; which I kinda done anyway, but at least there is an export feature that should allow me to sync on some other place too, and afaik the extension allows keeping 2 db's synced at once. If I can just stop being lazy).

Supporter
Yeah, I had to queue episode 10 back up just to double check. And, I mean...It's still an effective enough finishing attack, just didn't include that "extra" aspect to it.

Dex-chan lover
I only use md's built-in follows for manwha (because MAL lacks entries - though for some reason I instead use the [L]ocal feature for mangas lacking entries :p), and I don't read many manwha. Syncing the rest to MAL using MAL-sync instead.

It's never good to tie your tracking to single site you read on (separation of concerns), or a single source (in case they disappear; which I kinda done anyway, but at least there is an export feature that should allow me to sync on some other place too, and afaik the extension allows keeping 2 db's synced at once. If I can just stop being lazy).
I agree that it's bad to tie tracking to one site or resource. I had assumed that Mangadex would have an "export" feature since it had an "import" feature. Maybe it did before the massive event that forced a complete rewrite of its code?

Forgive my ignorance, what is MAL?

Dex-chan lover
The ending is kinda nice here but overall if the chains can be broken by a sword then why couldn't anyone else do that? Surely Knight boi could have. Also cutting bullet in half does not stop the bullet (on a side note why it a flintlock shooting modern ammo and not balls?)

Dex-chan lover
I agree that it's bad to tie tracking to one site or resource. I had assumed that Mangadex would have an "export" feature since it had an "import" feature. Maybe it did before the massive event that forced a complete rewrite of its code?

Forgive my ignorance, what is MAL?
md might have export/import, but I wouldn't know :p Like I said, I don't really use its tracking features.

MAL is "myanimelist", the db you usually find when you google any manga or anime.

Dex-chan lover
md might have export/import, but I wouldn't know :p Like I said, I don't really use its tracking features.

MAL is "myanimelist", the db you usually find when you google any manga or anime.
Ah. I should have been able to figure that out.

I used to have a text document that listed what I was reading. At some point I forgot about it. Now I have literal thousands of things I am either actively reading, was previously actively reading (but hasn't been updated in some time), or have finished reading. (Or are on hold or planned to read).
I don't have the patience to type the names of all of them into a text document any more. It will be a VERY sad day of I ever get outright banned from Mangadex (or otherwise lose access to my account).

Anyway, the reason I utilize the follow features here is because I functionally cannot remember all of what I am reading, what chapter I am on, nor do I want to actively search each manga any time I want to see if it is uploaded. Much easier if the website does that for me.
If you wonder how I survived before websites like this existed... I didn't... Or I only read what I could afford to physically purchase.

Dex-chan lover
Ah. I should have been able to figure that out.

I used to have a text document that listed what I was reading. At some point I forgot about it. Now I have literal thousands of things I am either actively reading, was previously actively reading (but hasn't been updated in some time), or have finished reading. (Or are on hold or planned to read).
I don't have the patience to type the names of all of them into a text document any more. It will be a VERY sad day of I ever get outright banned from Mangadex (or otherwise lose access to my account).

Anyway, the reason I utilize the follow features here is because I functionally cannot remember all of what I am reading, what chapter I am on, nor do I want to actively search each manga any time I want to see if it is uploaded. Much easier if the website does that for me.
If you wonder how I survived before websites like this existed... I didn't... Or I only read what I could afford to physically purchase.
Yes, doing it manually would be a chore. It is why I - as mentioned - use the mal-sync extension (though I enabled the require manual confirmation feature, since I often open chapters and leave open in a tab as a form of "to-read" thing. Also why I have thousands of tabs in my MD browser-window :p) to update my MAL list.

MAL (or localstorage in MAL-sync for stuff mal has no entries for) tracks what I read, which vol/ch I am at, any scores I have given it, etc.
MAL-sync also highlights chapters below said vol&ch in the ToC in blue.
My own homemade userscript enhances the latest-update feed in various ways (since the new MD ui mal-sync stopped doing that, as md keep changing the ui). One of which is that it fetches my MAL list and highlights any entries in blue if it's tracked in the list (irregardless of vol/ch number).

As a result: I never need to manually/actively search for titles I am reading (aka check the "follows" page you mentioned earlier). And can stick to the latest-update feed :)
ps: I added that "April" tag temporarily where all april-fools chapters (aka 2 chapters) were filtered out into, ~17 days ago (aka march 30th to april 3rd - since ppl just have to make christmas last 2 months... :pout: ). So I could opt out (and into. I do enjoy it when I am in the mood for it and explicitly felt like reading it through the dedicated tab) of that annoying holiday. Sadly only ~2 chapters were properly labeled, so I still got to be heavily annoyed and a meal ruined.
l2p53Nu.png

pps: the reason I use md's "follows" page for manwhas is because I generally blacklist that genre :p so the feed doesn't show it, and haven't bothered to create a tab for it.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, doing it manually would be a chore. It is why I - as mentioned - use the mal-sync extension (though I enabled the require manual confirmation feature, since I often open chapters and leave open in a tab as a form of "to-read" thing. Also why I have thousands of tabs in my MD browser-window :p) to update my MAL list.

MAL (or localstorage in MAL-sync for stuff mal has no entries for) tracks what I read, which vol/ch I am at, any scores I have given it, etc.
MAL-sync also highlights chapters below said vol&ch in the ToC in blue.
My own homemade userscript enhances the latest-update feed in various ways (since the new MD ui mal-sync stopped doing that, as md keep changing the ui). One of which is that it fetches my MAL list and highlights any entries in blue if it's tracked in the list (irregardless of vol/ch number).

As a result: I never need to manually/actively search for titles I am reading (aka check the "follows" page you mentioned earlier). And can stick to the latest-update feed :)
ps: I added that "April" tag temporarily where all april-fools chapters (aka 2 chapters) were filtered out into, ~17 days ago (aka march 30th to april 3rd - since ppl just have to make christmas last 2 months... :pout: ). So I could opt out (and into. I do enjoy it when I am in the mood for it and explicitly felt like reading it through the dedicated tab) of that annoying holiday. Sadly only ~2 chapters were properly labeled, so I still got to be heavily annoyed and a meal ruined.
l2p53Nu.png

pps: the reason I use md's "follows" page for manwhas is because I generally blacklist that genre :p so the feed doesn't show it, and haven't bothered to create a tab for it.
I might look into something like that.

Also, and bear with me for a moment, as a completely random side, is "Manwha" really a genre? Manwha is what the Koreans call their "graphic" novels (comic books). That would be the same as saying that the entirety of "graphic novels" (comic books) are a genre in and of itself, as "graphic novels" (comic books) are what English speaking countries call the... well... classification of media.
Don't get me wrong, you could be (and probably are) completely correct... I just thought of "graphic novels" as the same categorical concept as "novel" (book), video/movie, audio (book), stage play, etc. And saying it is a genre (again, I could easily be wrong, and that it is one) would mean that people from other countries would be able to (independently) produce works of the same "genre." i.e. A Chinese individual would be able to make a Manga, instead of a Manhua; a Japanese individual would be able to create a Manhwa, instead of a manga... etc (I could try and find the word for "Graphic Novel" in each respective language, but that would take too long, too much room, and do nothing to further my point). I'm fairly sure that people from [X] country would object if people from [A - W, Y, or Z] country claimed to make something classified as "work from [X] country." I think there was actually a lawsuit by Native Americans (either a specific tribe, or a class action one) against a (or group of) clearly non-Native American(s) for creating works similar to and claiming that it authentically was Native American work.

But... The entire premise of my question rests on whether or not a "novel", a "novella", a "textbook", and other categorical form of media are themselves considered "genres" and not just categories.

Dex-chan lover
"I can see everything with my recognition" wait, she has it? Didn't we even get a moment with her saving the knight captain without getting any visions, unlike in the original where there was one?

Users who are viewing this thread