Usotsuki Satsuki wa Shi ga Mieru - Vol. 9 Ch. 83 - Future

Group Leader
Ah I still remember picking this up and doing a few chapters before that one fellow came and took over. Oh the good old days when I still had the time to translate.

Tbh I'm pretty unsatisfied with how this ended, a lot of things felt unanswered and Akira had like, way more bonding and screen time than Komachi yet Komachi's the pairing we're going with? It kind of feels like she barely interacted with Satsuki though maybe I'm misremembering things.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Like, where was it going to go from here? The president is dead, Komacchi's deal is in the open and being dealt with. The plot has been wrapped up and the themes were pretty strongly communicated in the end. This is a bit abrupt, but, like, if it continued, it had, like, one or two additional chapters in it before it just fizzled out.

And we're getting a couple of additional chapters anyway with the two extras, so, like, we can see more of where they're at now.
Yeah it was ending regardless and the author said it was ending. There wasn't anything much left to touch on. Maybe some were still somehow holding out for something from Akira but that's not happening. Satsuki and Komachi are moving forward. I'll be looking out for those two extras that follow Komachi and Satsuki too.

BTW thanks for your work. It always stands out!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Like, where was it going to go from here? The president is dead, Komacchi's deal is in the open and being dealt with. The plot has been wrapped up and the themes were pretty strongly communicated in the end. This is a bit abrupt, but, like, if it continued, it had, like, one or two additional chapters in it before it just fizzled out.

There's a ton of things that could have been done. This has been labelled a Girl's Love manga... well... that never fucking happened and we were blue-balled over that. That's one possibility to focus on.

Also, you could continue on other angles. Like Satsuki or Komachi going into the medical field (Satsuki's dad is a doctor, after all) and using their abilities there and dealing with trying to convince people that they know without seeming crazy.

Or maybe them helping the science teacher out on figuring how their powers work a'la Interviews With Monster Girls.

There's a lot you can still do with it.

Dex-chan lover
the fact Michiru was a victim was never brought up by Miho (she stole her phone, after all), which means Prez never had to face it before dying and VP is none the wiser about it...

No, the VP very much knew about it because she was aware of his plans and was helping him.

At the very least, can't we all be glad that President motherfucker died? And that he had it coming?

Dex-chan lover
There's a ton of things that could have been done. This has been labelled a Girl's Love manga... well... that never fucking happened and we were blue-balled over that. That's one possibility to focus on.

Also, you could continue on other angles. Like Satsuki or Komachi going into the medical field (Satsuki's dad is a doctor, after all) and using their abilities there and dealing with trying to convince people that they know without seeming crazy.

Or maybe them helping the science teacher out on figuring how their powers work a'la Interviews With Monster Girls.

There's a lot you can still do with it.
There's always something you could make up but that wasn't this story.

Dex-chan lover

Ok, sure they could do either of those, but it would be a bad idea and they shouldn't. It would make the whole project thematically weaker and the plot less tightly constructed. At that point, they'd be continuing for the sake of continuing and, if you're doing that, then you should just end the story.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, sure they could do either of those, but it would be a bad idea and they shouldn't.

Explain why.

It would make the whole project thematically weaker and the plot less tightly constructed

Explain how? Because we went off into the fucking weeds from the initial scope of this manga a long time ago. We had introduced another guy with Satsuki's exact powers that was going around being a fucking serial killer and the manga REPEATEDLY hinted at Satsuki's meddling and stopping murders as some Final Destination-esque thing. Even in the first volume, IIRC, it shows Satsuki surrounded by dead bodies and blood in the classroom implying that what she's doing will make things even worse. Along with Prez STATING THIS VERY REASON to her.

So you say it would thematically weaken the plot and make it less tightly constructed... And I'm asking how the hell you don't think Prez did not do that for... what... 40+ chapters?

There is a reason myself and a bunch of other people were literally celebrating that motherfucker getting ganked.

But on the flipside, in my scenarios, it's still Satsuki's power being the focal point of the story. Whereas for the last... so many god damn chapters... we had other people being a foil to Satsuki the cornerstone of the plot.

Dex-chan lover
No, the VP very much knew about it because she was aware of his plans and was helping him.

At the very least, can't we all be glad that President motherfucker died? And that he had it coming?
idk i think he was more realistic then satsuki, he pretty much just went after people who hurt others. I'd rather he be the mc then satsuki tbh.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't understand the fate main villain girl with long black hair but this Manga is pretty amazing journey. Thank you for the translation. Also although many people's saying this being axed i think this is pretty good ending because there no main villain anymore the mastermind already showing herself and not every Manga should become conan

Users who are viewing this thread