Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu - Ch. 95 - The Talented Secretary Wants to Be Chewed Out!

Dex-chan lover
From what I know, aside from Mio and Tomoe, Emma is the strongest in the whole demi-plane in terms of overall ranking.
Emma is formidable, she is the strongest in the orc camp, but she doesn’t actively participate in the tournament. So it’s not conclusive.

And, at least, Shiki should still be definitively stronger, especially after he got the boost for and from the contract with the MC. (it’s easy to forget his strength because he is helpless in front of Mio and Tomoe)

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo emma truely has it hard, i hope she can relax some time before she burns out

Wait guys, i havent checked the anime but how did it past manga? It’s 95 30-page chapters. Even Frieren’s 2 cours only up to chapter 60

Dex-chan lover
Furthermore, he really does want oh so desperately to keep the demiplane as his refuge where he can get away from all the stress of pretending to be what he isn't and just be himself, so he is acting a lot more relaxed in front of them while they're inside than he would outside. Would you want to be able to keep relaxing in your home/man cave/bedroom/wherever you have as a retreat from the world, or would you rather treat everything as if it's the outside world and you need to keep yourself stiffly aware of all your actions and words at all times? I know I'd definitely choose the former, too.
That's understandable if it's towards the people who are already in the demi-plane. But it's not appropriate for interviewing the new residents.

If he wants the place to be peaceful, he should makes sure that the newcomers aren't going to ruin that peace. Did he forget the incident where the 3 people he brought caused explosions and killed 2 residents?

Similar to when you rent out a room in your house. You want to make sure they don't end up ruining your house, so you set up some rules and expectations.

He didn't need to be too stern like in his teaching mode. But he also shouldn't have been that casual.

Dex-chan lover
Gorgons are sexy and he is still a "young" master after all.

We just need to wait for egg delivery quest.
The problem is that he's a omega herbivore. Kinda like the MC from the show about making friends, he preemptively looks at all female love interests like family so that he can avoid any kind of romantic relationship between them. He also did this on Earth having two of the most popular girls after him but choosing neither.

Dex-chan lover
That's inconspicuously grim if so because that would mean Emma's outburst indirectly caused the demise of those who perished after the meeting.
To be more precised about this event :
  1. They ask to be resident of the demi-plane
  2. They are refused because of their behavior
  3. They leave
  4. They come back since the menace is real
  5. Everything fine until they are asked to swear loyalty to Makoto, they refused
  6. They are refused again, but since they come with everyone this time and not a few of them, they laugh saying they won't leave now that they are here
  7. Makoto say he won't let them rest in the demi-plane, they argue they will found a spot outside Makoto's town
  8. Outside Makoto's town, there are wolf, bears, and others predators
  9. They beg Makoto to let them live in town
  10. They finally swear loyalty to Makoto

Dex-chan lover
Judging from other comments, doesn't look like they are any good for spying.

One of commenter mentioned they are eaten by various wild animals, so kind of mean they are terrible at being hidden.
And their natural behaviour might even made them unreliable for spying mission, since they are appear to be too playful, so it doesn't look like they can take spying task very well.
They are actually, they didn't fall just from wild animals, but from wild animal of the demi-plane. Everything in the demi-plane is several times stronger than outside.
They are a species mostly unknown only because they hide themselves too well. They also have a stronger magic than most races. They can be spies without issues.
It's just that the menace they face is their natural predator, and most demi-human couldn't live outside the town of the demi-plane because of the wild animals either.

Dex-chan lover
That's understandable if it's towards the people who are already in the demi-plane. But it's not appropriate for interviewing the new residents.

If he wants the place to be peaceful, he should makes sure that the newcomers aren't going to ruin that peace. Did he forget the incident where the 3 people he brought caused explosions and killed 2 residents?

Similar to when you rent out a room in your house. You want to make sure they don't end up ruining your house, so you set up some rules and expectations.

He didn't need to be too stern like in his teaching mode. But he also shouldn't have been that casual.
Thing is that you (and everyone else complaining about his attitude towards newcomers) are forgetting is that these newcomers were recommended by the three he trusts the most in that world. While it’s not stated here Makoto is of the view that of Mio Tomoe and Shiki recommended them then that’s an auto pass for him. If Emma didn’t force him to do so he would have just let them immigrate without even interviewing them as he has that much trust in those three.

Plus even if they caused an issue he can just easily kick them out. Not like they’d be able to do anything to him if they tried.

he preemptively looks at all female love interests like family so that he can avoid any kind of romantic relationship between them. He also did this on Earth having two of the most popular girls after him but choosing neither
Except that’s not why he turned them down. He turned both down cause he didn’t think he was worthy enough to date either. Makoto had a bit of a self deprecating attitude towards himself so he didn’t think he could date the captain of his archery club who was in the top 3 best looking girls of the school. Pretty sure it was a similar thing with his kouhai as well.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the thing that you have to take into consideration is that a (unfortunately) large number of people always react negatively towards any main character, or even sub character, that isn't immediately bloodthirsty ruthless and immediately and only resolving problems through violence. They assert that any act of diplomacy or sociopolitical move is weakness and any act of kindness is heresy.
The number of times I read the comments of manga (Isekai or otherwise) where the MC reacts with something other than immediate murder or torture and they freak the [bleep] out is nearly immeasurable. It's, frankly not only disturbing, it's disgusting.

Hell, I have had to explain on a number of occasions how the (apparently) expected response would ultimately lead to the either immediate or very rapid end of the manga. Such as: MC immediately responds with violence; regardless of murder or not the local authorities try to arrest them; MC again responds with violence; the national army tries to eliminate them; the MC responds with violence; other countries band together to eliminate them; MC responds with violence; all sentient beings in the world are eliminated (not conquered, eliminated); the local God(s) finally take action and try to eliminate the MC, who responds with violence... Universe ends, MC dies. End of manga.
Or, worse, MC responds with violence, local and national authorities decide that those MC cared about are also a threat and eliminate them while MC is busy murdering... MC therefore becomes responsible for the deaths of those they would have tried to protect, because they responded with violence as opposed to trying literally anything else.

But, no... violence and "alpha male" MC is all these people want...

Please note, this, as a whole and in its totality, does not (necessarily) represent the person you responded to, but their comment still reads like those "others."
Love how as of this writing, I have gotten two strikes and (at least) one "dumb".
Compared to the much larger numbers of positive reactions, it's clear that these negative reactions are from people who I described...

I hate ho

I hate how you and everyone else is just forgetting that all of these candidates are recommended by Tomoe, Mio and Shiki. The three people Makoto relies and trusts the most. In his eyes all the other species have already passed the requirements needed to be a demiplane resident

Dex-chan lover
Honestly it's weird having the manga be behind the anime... but at least we are being shown extra details that the anime either leaves out or missing
Take that feeling and multiply it by like 1000-fold (not the weirdness of having one iteration being behind another, but the extra details that are left out or otherwise missing), and you get the difference between the novel and the manga, too. How it is for most adaptations of novels, sadly.

As far as he sees it, they've already been vetted by his most trusted associates, so doesn't have a need to hold back from them.

Dex-chan lover
"I can't use healing magic" proceeds to clear status ailments... What part of curing petrification isn't healing? I can understand the anti-petrification being classified as a buff, but cure-type magic is categorized as healing.
removing the petrification is more dispelling a spell than healing actually

Dex-chan lover
Thing is that you (and everyone else complaining about his attitude towards newcomers) are forgetting is that these newcomers were recommended by the three he trusts the most in that world. While it’s not stated here Makoto is of the view that of Mio Tomoe and Shiki recommended them then that’s an auto pass for him. If Emma didn’t force him to do so he would have just let them immigrate without even interviewing them as he has that much trust in those three.

Plus even if they caused an issue he can just easily kick them out. Not like they’d be able to do anything to him if they tried.

Except that’s not why he turned them down. He turned both down cause he didn’t think he was worthy enough to date either. Makoto had a bit of a self deprecating attitude towards himself so he didn’t think he could date the captain of his archery club who was in the top 3 best looking girls of the school. Pretty sure it was a similar thing with his kouhai as well.
Ah my bad! I got them confused with his actual sisters.

Dex-chan lover
Wait guys, i havent checked the anime but how did it past manga? It’s 95 30-page chapters. Even Frieren’s 2 cours only up to chapter 60
The first season did an absolute speedrun through the story, to the point that it hurt the story a bit. The first season ended right after MC created that huge lake at that Demon vs Human battlefield. This second season is going normal anime pace, but the damage is already done.

One can criticize Makoto as being un-leaderlike while also not rooting for him becoming the stereotypical manhua "courting death" tyrant ubervillain. The fact is that Makoto's behavior in this chapter actually is very unbecoming of a good leader.
  1. He continues to ignore his subordinates' pleas for him to behave more properly as their leader. He's in another world, with different norms and mores, and the excuse of "I'm just a teenager/highschooler" isn't going to cut it here. This is made very obvious in previous chapters' "comedy" of (noble) teens his age already having multiple wives, for example.
  2. He fails to defend his own subordinate against inappropriate behavior from complete strangers.
  3. He chastises his subordinate for snapping, when his own behavior is primarily to blame for causing them to snap in the first place (see 1). Even worse, he did it in front of strangers who were also partially to blame for the outburst.
Kindness is a noble trait to have, but in a proper leader it is tempered by good judgment; after all kindness to one's enemies can translate into cruelty to one's allies: Makoto learned this the hard way with those hyuman adventurers. Perhaps he needs to learn harsher lessons still.
Yes THANK YOU. I’ll add a little more context but this is the main path of Makoto’s character development throughout the entire story. We are beginning to see more of this in the anime as well…but one of the more credible criticisms of Tsuki ga comes from Makoto’s development being stalled for so long. In exchange we get fun world building, cast expansion, and story setup for when he starts changing more quickly.

Makoto DOES suck, currently. Cash brings up points relevant to this chapter but I’ll give some examples that elaborate.

Makoto is currently aimless (a common concern amongst the Japanese teenagers this story was aimed at). Supposedly, he wants to spread his medicine and help cure curses. Any unbiased review of his actions and results could only be described as probable embezzlement at best, and malicious negligence at worst. With his resources, knowledge, and power, any truly motivated individual would have spread through the entire world by now.

And that’s the point. He’s just an aimless teenager, and to make matters worth he’s a sociopath so it’s even harder to care. As Root said, what is it that’s going to push him to grow up/become responsible?

I could go way deeper, as well as discuss his inadequacies as a leader but you should explore this on your own. Go read some history books, or Curtis Yarvin or something idk

Users who are viewing this thread