Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.7 - Extra - The Daltian Clan Series : Book Source vs Live Adaptation

Dex-chan lover
if it's the "Daltian Clan", and it's "Dal Clan" on page 2 and 6, why is it "Dar-Clan" on page 1?
Thanks for the TL, but.
Japanese doesn't have an "L" sound, so when Japanese borrows a word with an L or puts it in writing, it is replaced with "R". This makes things ambiguous when trying to do the reverse: it can be hard to tell whether R or L were intended. In this case, they may have translated page 1 first as "Dar-Clan" without the context of it being short for "Daltian Clan" and just forgot to go back and change it. Easy to forget really; I didn't even notice it myself since I'm used to L and R being interchangeable.

Dex-chan lover
Definitely not that someone is a clear tourist and just can't take responsibility for their own opinion when people call them out on it. I'm not going to complain about someone discussing chapters in a chapter discussion after all.
LOL r u trying to debate club me on ship posting in mangadex comment section.

Dex-chan lover
You make the most of cobwebbed Twitter memes, use zoomer slang and talk about 4chan, but it's my fault? Great projection. Although if we pay attention to the fact that you commented on your own remark in this way, I have no complaints.
keep going bro

I don′t have much context for why all of the shipping hate may be since I binged through the series just as it was ending, but reading their relationship as romantic or strongly platonic are both perfectly valid. The present chapter works equally well if they are simply friends, or have budding feelings of something more. As I personally like the ship, I interpret them as having the beginnings of feelings for eachother here, but not consciously recognizing them. Maybe there are romantic feelings intended, maybe not, but even if there was unambiguous denial of anything romantic between them, there′s no rule that says headcanon cannot directly contradict what was written.
As for those who say it is practically confirmed gay, while I don′t agree it is an understandable stance to have. There′s a long enough history of subtext being used to incorperate homosexuality among other things that would otherise not fly that it′s little wonder many people have learned to pick up on the subtle cues. Of course, such conventions could be used unintentionally by those who don′t know about them and by design a lot can be read into something seemingly inconsiquential. Still, unless someone is looking for a fight, you could at least drop the subject rather than fight over canon and interpritation.
On a mostly unrelated note, I would like to know where Kaberu × Laios came from as I haven’t been able to figure it out myself.

Users who are viewing this thread