Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97.7 - Extra - The Daltian Clan Series : Book Source vs Live Adaptation

If you don′t mind, I′ll take a break from this conversation for the day. I don′t want to take this too seriously and mentally exhaust myself or turn sour in my replies.
As for other matters, roleplay isn′t RPF. I would hope that my more eliquent speech and insightful replies would be more appealing to Super than Demon′s crass nature. However, there is something admittedly alluring to the profane and detestable. Eh, who am I kidding. I′d be more interested in watching the belligerant sparks fly than involve myself.

Dex-chan lover
If you don′t mind, I′ll take a break from this conversation for the day. I don′t want to take this too seriously and mentally exhaust myself or turn sour in my replies.
As for other matters, roleplay isn′t RPF. I would hope that my more eliquent speech and insightful replies would be more appealing to Super than Demon′s crass nature. However, there is something admittedly alluring to the profane and detestable. Eh, who am I kidding. I′d be more interested in watching the belligerant sparks fly than involve myself.
You're not the only one who's tired of taking these things seriously, lmao. From my experience, I will say that the main thing is to value your time and emotions. If you feel uncomfortable or tired, then better give yourself a break from all this crap. It's not worth it. Now I’m not talking not only and not so much about shipping, but in general about any emotionally exhausting things.

You're not the only one who's tired of taking these things seriously, lmao. From my experience, I will say that the main thing is to value your time and emotions. If you feel uncomfortable or tired, then better give yourself a break from all this crap. It's not worth it. Now I’m not talking not only and not so much about shipping, but in general about any emotionally exhausting things.
I know my limits well, and most of the time am able to stay within them. I engage in fandom discourse and debate because I enjoy it in moderation. Now, before a moderator stumbles upon this and bonks us for rule 3.5, however you read it, this was a really pleasent and happy chapter filled with emotion. I hope we continue to see a sprinkling of slice of life and other vignetts of the cast.

Dex-chan lover
It's rather interesting that because elves are such a long lived race, they can produce entire anthologies of the same story universe. Like, hundreds of books just being Hardy Potter or something.

Dex-chan lover
I know my limits well, and most of the time am able to stay within them. I engage in fandom discourse and debate because I enjoy it in moderation. Now, before a moderator stumbles upon this and bonks us for rule 3.5, however you read it, this was a really pleasent and happy chapter filled with emotion. I hope we continue to see a sprinkling of slice of life and other vignetts of the cast.
I think everything will be fine as long as we stop in time. It’s really better to continue the rest in private messages if you ever want to. I don’t know what time in your zone, but just in case, good night.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I love it when people brag about how they ignore all the “yappers”, and then expose themselves in the most pathetic way possible due to a bunch of negative reactions to all those they supposedly ignore, lol. Apparently someone still needs to learn how to control their emotions before pretending to be a cool edgelord.

Historian: "The king's sister, and his elven advisor, they... they were just roommates, very good friends, nothing else going on there, no sir!"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Average Novel readers be like
97365913-a122-4c18-b28f-cf45d8c8c97b-1.png

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The series literally showed Marcille's most desired romantic/sexual partner... who was very, very obviously not Falin. But people still post the dumbest shit to justify their own wishes and opinions, it truly is hilarious.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand why people ship them. But it always confuses me when people immediately mark any character interactions as "obvious ship teases/hints" simply because they ship them. Celebrated a friend's birthday? Go to the cinema with him to see the your hyped adaptation of favorite book? Lovers :D
Shipping can be a fun thing, specially when things look a little too much like the mother of the maiko and her training partner in the catererer at the maiko manor manga. But yeah, sometimes people want to get every little hair of friendship and make a rope of homoerotic fanfiction out of it and it can get annoying, Marcille and Falin is one of those cases.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Shipping can be a fun thing, specially when things look a little too much like the mother of the maiko and her training partner in the catererer at the maiko manor manga. But yeah, sometimes people want to get every little hair of friendship and make a rope of homoerotic fanfiction out of it and it can get annoying, Marcille and Falin is one of those cases.
Oh, Maiko Manor. If they weren't comparing their relationship to Kiyo and Suu's obviously platonic relationship and giving off such a strong Class S vibe, I would really think the author had some intentions lol. But getting back to the topic, I noticed that any appearance of Marcille at all is enough for people to turn the conversation to shipping. Which really feels like self-persuasion.

The series literally showed Marcille's most desired romantic/sexual partner... who was very, very obviously not Falin. But people still post the dumbest shit to justify their own wishes and opinions, it truly is hilarious.
I don't think the author is against shipping in general, but sometimes I think she intentionally added this elf to prevent people from going too far with it. But like I said, I don't have a problem with it as long as they don't literally try to force it on me.

Dex-chan lover
I noticed that any appearance of Marcille at all is enough for people to turn the conversation to shipping. Which really feels like self-persuasion.
I don't wanna sound like a bigot or anything, I don't mean what I'm going to say that way, but this happens all the time with series that has a lot of women and queer public. As a straight man who enjoys a lot of series that relate to that public, that pervasive sensation of forcing ships in the discussion can get very uncomfortable sometimes. I see why it happened here.

For me it doesn't feel that different when legions of morons were crying about ntr for months in the Tsumiki manga because the autor didn't make a panel very clear and you had to maybe read it a couple of times to understand it was an scenario in the MC's head.

It would be nice if people didn't take things that far.

Dex-chan lover
I don't wanna sound like a bigot or anything, I don't mean what I'm going to say that way, but this happens all the time with series that has a lot of women and queer public. As a straight man who enjoys a lot of series that relate to that public, that pervasive sensation of forcing ships in the discussion can get very uncomfortable sometimes. I see why it happened here.

For me it doesn't feel that different when legions of morons were crying about ntr for months in the Tsumiki manga because the autor didn't make a panel very clear and you had to maybe read it a couple of times to understand it was an scenario in the MC's head.

It would be nice if people didn't take things that far.
Well, for obvious reasons, they can be understood. Another thing is that it often becomes an end in itself, which can make discussing all-female titles or titles with a strong focus on female friendships a rather idiosyncratic experience. Remember the feud between the author of Aria and shippers, when she literally introduced a character for a straight arc in Amanchu just to spite the shippers, and they dropped any manga scanlate in response.

Fed-Kun's army
this happens all the time with series that has a lot of women and queer public.
Straight , masculine fandom spaces focus almost entirely on canon, so discussions tend to circle around trivia. The fandoms for cape comics, Star Wars, and Warhammer 40K are good examples of 90% of online discussion just being people swapping canonical lore. Feminine and queer fandom tends to center on creative fanworks and shipping with little concern for canon because they're used to the vast majority of mainstream series not being marketed to/intended for them.

All that to say that I think these arguments just result from two different kinds of fandom demographics bumping up against one another.
that pervasive sensation of forcing ships in the discussion can get very uncomfortable sometimes.
I can understand finding fandom stuff you don't like annoying, but unless it's a chatroom or Discord server, you can just ignore the discussions you don't like and interact with those you do - even within the same thread!

Dex-chan lover
Straight , masculine fandom spaces focus almost entirely on canon, so discussions tend to circle around trivia. The fandoms for cape comics, Star Wars, and Warhammer 40K are good examples of 90% of online discussion just being people swapping canonical lore. Feminine and queer fandom tends to center on creative fanworks and shipping with little concern for canon because they're used to the vast majority of mainstream series not being marketed to/intended for them.

All that to say that I think these arguments just result from two different kinds of fandom demographics bumping up against one another.

I can understand finding fandom stuff you don't like annoying, but unless it's a chatroom or Discord server, you can just ignore the discussions you don't like and interact with those you do - even within the same thread!
While I agree that this controversy was the result of different parts of the fandom clashing, I don't think the obsession with "canon" is just a matter of male fans and not the whole shipping phenomenon. This has long become a kind of quasi-investigation.

Users who are viewing this thread