Scientia

Contributor
I was expecting this to be incredibly depressing, but instead it actually turned out to be very heartwarming. I'm glad they made it like that.

Definitely thought this would be another DUDE TECHNOLOGY IS BAD LMAO but it's nice to see a positive spin on a hyper-advanced civilization

A manga that takes commonly dystopian ideas and gives them a positive spin that feels realistic. It is a breath of fresh air that I didn't know I needed.

Dex-chan lover
1st chapter was a great hook to the series. I expected I would hate the old lady by the end of the chapter, but instead she actually became an inspiration to Kaori and her words of encouragement at the end - which might as well have been aimed at us readers instead of just solely to Kaori - made me smile and even tear up a bit. It's actually more difficult to write a good short story that's also genuinely positive-minded like that.

orp

Despite the ominous description, it's a surprisingly wholesome manga. It can be characterised fairly as technooptimistic, but it focuses on human stories much more than on technology.

Hidden gem and a fantastic take on the usual depressing futuristic look that some authors write.

Refreshing. It reminds me of American science fiction from the mid-20th century, especially with regard to the latter's optimism and confidence in the human intellect.

Dex-chan lover
Wow. A really nice take on near future that avoids both far utopianism and dystopianism, and just is really, really human. Optimism but also realism about the human condition.

Aggregator gang
avoided a lot of the tropes i was expecting, this was refreshing

Dex-chan lover
bittersweet fantasy stories about prices paid, and progress. a brighter take on the classic sci-fi anthology

Dex-chan lover
Surprisingly optimistic, considering the synopsis. Definitely worth the read

Users who are viewing this thread