8-gatsu 31-nichi no Long Summer - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Back to the August 31 Part III

Group Leader
Man, this whole arc just feels like a Phineas and Ferb episode. The main characters goofing off in the background, the normal people being completely oblivious, Ferb Suzuki showing off some crazy hidden talent, everything returning to the status quo at the end.

The only thing missing is shenanigans with a secret agent and a mad scientist.

Dex-chan lover
So I wonder if once the looping ends once he'll (the friend) have confessed somehow, or if all the things they've done be undone once the looping stops, OR will the last chapter be them doing a mad dash to make sure ALL their regrets, including this one, are fixed?

And everyone, please say your thanks to our typesetter!
Thank you Mr.typesetter.

Dex-chan lover
The generic things guys do to get girls will usually impress guys more than girls. Guitar? Yep. Getting jacked? Yep. Getting a cool car? Yep. Good in sports?. That too. Do those things for yourself guys not for punani

Dex-chan lover
Man, this whole arc just feels like a Phineas and Ferb episode. The main characters goofing off in the background, the normal people being completely oblivious, Ferb Suzuki showing off some crazy hidden talent, everything returning to the status quo at the end.

You mean a platypus
Puts on hat
PERRY THE PLATYPUS?!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation (and to the Typesetter).
I like how the traditional opening frames were subverted this time.

Contributor
Wow, this was a banger of a chapter.

Takaya was kickass subbing in for an injured guitarist (the dude learned guitar AND got good enough at it just to impress Kana, respect), and him copying the other dude's line was funny. They actually managed to successfully wingman their friends together! Too bad that wasn't what was keeping both looping.

Also too bad they also don't have time to do that every loop, so this is only one time where Kita and Risa get together successfully. Unless memories for other people who interact with them somehow start bleeding through loops, I think we can assume Kita will fail every loop after this and he will not get together with Risa. Shame, I love side ships.

Dex-chan lover
Dude practically became band leader at the end of it.

…and thank you typesetter for all that gorgeous SFX.

Dex-chan lover

and maybeeeeeee, building a rocket?

Dex-chan lover
To all budding rock stars out there: it is perfectly OK to eat ice cream (whether you love or hate Van Halen), but beware of bird talons (and don't eat bats).

Group Leader
You mean a platypus
Puts on hat
PERRY THE PLATYPUS?!
and maybeeeeeee, building a rocket?
ngorEXO.png

Dex-chan lover
guy is an otaku too with that endless eight reference lol

him seemingly being good at everything is a bit of an asspull but if you're stuck in a loop I guess honing your skills in all kinds of things is one way to stave off boredom

t28

Dex-chan lover
I fucking love that he passed on the same line the other guys passed to him. Bros gotta share that life wisdom amirite?

ivv

Dex-chan lover
It's a happy chapter...
supposed to...
its saddening to know that the loop hasnt ended. and its default that the guy fails.

Dex-chan lover
This manga makes me cringe because it reminds me of my own foibles as a teenager. It took me until getting my first girlfriend at 14 to realize how stupid guys act to get a girlfriend when it's really all about just trying to connect with the person you like and not the shallow and superfluous stuff.

I love this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread