8-gatsu 31-nichi no Long Summer - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Back to the August 31 Part II

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
I probably need to reread the whole thing to better see the buildup of their relationship.

Contributor
So he bought her an accessory to go with his confession? I think Kita might be going too fast, but that's just my personal opinion. But I'm relieved he's no sleazy fuckboy.

Kana saying that Risa wanted to hear Kita protect her by pretending he's her boyfriend seems a little counterintuitive since he's technically being honest, but she did explain why: some girls want to hear they might be special to the guy they're on a date with; but on the other hand there's also the possibility she'll think he's being creepy and assuming so I don't think Takaya is completely wrong for thinking that way.

Anyway, Takaya manages to actually apply the lesson he learned AND combine it with his own brutal honesty. He didn't have to lie and pretend he's her boyfriend, but he still got the message across being honest with just the right phrasing. And now they're handholding. This manga just continues to teach some little lessons on dating for the clueless. Surprisingly those pickup dudes weren't complete assholes after all.

Dex-chan lover
This manga is such a 90s vibe it hurts lmao. The character designs had me thinking this before (especially the MC's delinquent friend) but this chapter really took it to another level.

Users who are viewing this thread