Kingdom - Ch. 786 - The Necessity of Resolve

Dex-chan lover
It seems recently only Riboku tries to use some elaborate tactics (which at times makes no sense how it worked), while the Qin just throwing kitchen sink at the the enemy.

I know the army size gets bigger and the effect of small groups doing stuff may not be sufficient, but still earlier in the series both allies and enemies utilize ambushes, cutting off supplies, etc. to interesting effects; these bags of tricks makes each clashes unique and IMO a better way to put a focus on certain characters and their nemeses.

Having large armies clash repeatedly with “new” characters every so often that come out of nowhere, fight in a large battle, then die makes it difficult to stay invested.
Anyway, Hara has already taken plenty of liberties with historical interpretations anyway, so there’s no reason to have more variety.

Dex-chan lover
Every chapter I wonder whether Hara has seen a horse in real life.
In a world where people can alternate in size between 6 and 25 ft. as the story demands, chop through several men plus armor with a single, one-handed swing, and who can communicate across a tumultuous battlefield through a combination of controlled vein popping and eyeball flexing, odd looking horses stand out to you? Ancient china was simply populated by mutants, the fabled giants of lost Tartaria, and these are merely their stick-legged, beef sausage shaped steeds.

Dex-chan lover
Those bigass horses exist, or are you talking about Ji Aga's six-eyed horse?

The "six eyes" is just armor, too. You can see the top and bottom "eyes" are round gemstones inset into the plate, while the eyes in the middle are recessed, beneath the holes cut in the plate, and with it being diamond-shaped to match the eye shape of the horse, as well.

Dex-chan lover
18 years and the horsemen always ride in the same angle.
Serialization means that habits carry forward to ensure overall quality at the expense of individual scene quality to keep up with release deadlines, for a most of if not all mangaka.

Dex-chan lover
that's a deep neck cut, even if shiryou died here she gonna bring ji aga with her, no way in hell he survive that cut unless some bullshit plot armor like shiryou sword break from the harsh exchange earlier

Dex-chan lover
I've come to love the drifting horses. I picture tires squealing every time they come into frame.
Horses lean in real life all the time, actually. It's only 'modern' riding, especially dressage, that has worked to break horses of their natural inclination and have them make turns solely while upright.

ao9Uvf1.png

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! I sigh at every comment I read about these people who don´t know shit about horses! War horses were specially bred to serve in war and were huge!
More over Zhao is supposed to have the best horses of all of china, so they have to be even more roided up than usual

Dex-chan lover
More over Zhao is supposed to have the best horses of all of china, so they have to be even more roided up than usual
"best" does not mean "biggest", necessarily. Ferghana horses are some of the most prized horses in Chinese history, and they are fairly squat horses with big sausage-shaped bodies (so yes, the artist is being accurate, hahahaha), able to easily survive the cold winters of even northern climates that would be lethal to smaller horses, and having a lower body meant they had better center of gravity than most. They are very fleet of foot and have a lot of stamina, as well, but would be completely and utterly unable to carry even a tenth the load of an English draught horse (they could pull an amazing 23 tons, on average!).

Ferg-5c5cba4b46e0fb0001587465.jpg

Dex-chan lover
That cut is pretty deep. I'm really hoping she at least takes him out. But I also won't be surprised if next chapter he's fine and she gets killed smh.

I must admit, I did like Shibashou's line about 1 swing of his glaive saving 2 lives.

Users who are viewing this thread