Best Friends - Vol. 5 Ch. 39

Dex-chan lover
I would like to finish translating it. I just don't have the energy right now. I like to see a series through even with a tragedy end
I respect that and I'll prolly also be reading when you continue. Take all the time you need, thank you as always~

Dex-chan lover
If you still don't believe that this is yuri, go read After School. It's by Oshima Towa who also wrote this series. And it is very very much yuri
I have read many of Towa's Manga and they are almost all Yuri.
This one is under the author's commercial/professional pen-name. Which pretty much just normal romance manga and none of the yuri stuffs. The "After School" series is published under their doujin pen-name. So, yeah, I would absolutely recommend everything under their doujin name for yuri fans but anything with their professional pen-name (like this one) is pretty iffy for yuri.

Dex-chan lover
thank you @RamonaLynn99 for doing all these chapters! Take a break as long as you want, don't feel pressured to do this constantly, that will just lead to burnout.

Also thanks everyone who wrote spoilers! I couldn't find volume 6 online so knowing what happens is great!

also super relieved that
Satsuki isn't dead lol. The foreshadowing has made it clear that something happened to her so I always expected heavy stuff anw.

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to post a very big WARNING here for readers and on the main comment section.

This manga... be VERY wary. I honestly don't know how to write this spoiler (First time ever being hesitant with my words). Basically, long story short one of them gets into a heterosexual relationship (NTR apparently), Sexual Harassment, and Domestic Violence. All you have to do is go to the amazon page for volume 6. I have never seen reviews this bad for a "Yuri". Yikes. Usually for the most part it's always pretty lax. Anyways proceed with caution. That is all.
this spoiler is a pretty big exaggeration and very biased.

just because one girl married a man doesn't mean it's NTR bruh, stop using word you don't understand.

Also, the other spoiler by @RamonaLynn99 is a lot more factual and unbiased.

Aggregator gang
this spoiler is a pretty big exaggeration and very biased.

just because one girl married a man doesn't mean it's NTR bruh, stop using word you don't understand.

Also, the other spoiler by @RamonaLynn99 is a lot more factual and unbiased.
Let me clear some things up for you since you're clearly misconstruing everything I said.

First off, I said a WARNING. As in proceed with caution. Never did I say to not read this.

Secondly, I'm not biased I also clearly said I got this information from reviews of Japanese people who read the volume 6 on Amazon reviews. So no not biased, just relaying what I have read. That goes also with the NTR what was mentioned in SEVERAL reviews.

Third, the quote you said was made by the translator was not HIS quote, but that of a reviewer on amazon that I assume he edited.

I already quoted him and said why I posed this WARNING, elaborating that I was not targeting him or this manga but people who might want to avoid these issues.

Anything else?

Double-page supporter
Thx for the Spoilers (No joke im seriously thankful).
Yeah i believe you and that means a drop from my End... Sad but im not in the mood for this much drama, especially after getting more and more invested in the Story and characters.
Really pains me but yeah id rather not go further

Dex-chan lover
I beleive that the time skip is there to keep us in suspension of Susuki getting help and I am so hoping that Hina and Susuki gets together at the end. Its only a guess but it almost makes sense

Dex-chan lover
Reading the spoilers has got me pissed now. Dammit.
I'm still gonna keep an eye on this but knowing that it's so faaaar away makes it when worse.
If volume 7 comes out, someone please spoil it here for me thanks!

Fed-Kun's army
Reading the spoilers has got me pissed now. Dammit.
I'm still gonna keep an eye on this but knowing that it's so faaaar away makes it when worse.
If volume 7 comes out, someone please spoil it here for me thanks!
Not happening, it ended in Volume 6 with Chapter 47. (With a pretty weird chapter as a whole.)
I'm not gonna say much, but the chapter is all over the place, starting from Tororo's High School Days after Satsuki has a Girlfriend, to her Adult days, and then to her Graduation from Junior High. It's kinda messy, like really messy. And there's no real resolution for Satsuki from what I read. The last we see of her before the flashback to the Junior High Graduation, she looks depressed, has a hurt arm as a result of her boyfriend and also had her hair cut and dyed black, also at the request of her boyfriend. She gets no resolution.

Dex-chan lover
Not happening, it ended in Volume 6 with Chapter 47. (With a pretty weird chapter as a whole.)
I'm not gonna say much, but the chapter is all over the place, starting from Tororo's High School Days after Satsuki has a Girlfriend, to her Adult days, and then to her Graduation from Junior High. It's kinda messy, like really messy. And there's no real resolution for Satsuki from what I read. The last we see of her before the flashback to the Junior High Graduation, she looks depressed, has a hurt arm as a result of her boyfriend and also had her hair cut and dyed black, also at the request of her boyfriend. She gets no resolution.
IT ENDED? Bruh i could have sworn i read somewhere that a new volume was gonna come out.
And the spoiler is making me even more mad 😔

IT ENDED? Bruh i could have sworn i read somewhere that a new volume was gonna come out.
And the spoiler is making me even more mad 😔
As per this post by the author, Volume 7 is going to release in spring. ("..the seventh volume of "Best Friends" is planned for spring.")

So no, it hasn't ended, unless things have changed since that was posted (2 weeks ago).

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
So this is basically a no Homo yuri. It has the shape, the flavor but also a bitter aftertaste.
And why would Satsuki will end up with a boyfriend in the first place ? I don't mind the drastic change of rhythm but at least prepare your reader for it. I completely understand the reviews saying they feel betray by the author.

Double-page supporter
Saw the last chapter that people were talking about and it's actually as unsatisfying as everyone said it was. Just totally blindsided and I'm confused why that even had to happen.

So this is basically a no Homo yuri. It has the shape, the flavor but also a bitter aftertaste.
And why would Satsuki will end up with a boyfriend in the first place ? I don't mind the drastic change of rhythm but at least prepare your reader for it. I completely understand the reviews saying they feel betray by the author.
But this is a very drastic change, I mean this manga had a lighthearted tone until chapter 40 and then in vol. 6 suddenly everything changed and everything was all over the place.
like how the fuck we went from the cute yuri story to a straight abusive relationship without any signs...

Dex-chan lover
huh ? how ?
not sure what you're asking but...

NTR usually means that they are together as a couple but one got cheated on, or one person has romantic feelings for the other but got cuckold. However, in this story (from what I remember by the end of volume 5), they are still just friends, like super close friends but the author doesn't outright call it romantic feelings so it really doesn't fit the meaning of NTR.

However, I do understand that many will feel betrayed by the sudden hetero relationship, even I was, but I think we should wait till the end of the series to see how things go. If the author doesn't let them get together then this story is a yuribait.

Users who are viewing this thread