Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Ch. 23 - Spring (Haru)

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I read a lot of meaningful, existential manga on here and invariably the comments section often resorts to treating these series as "funny" or as being ultimately meaningless.

This one is no different. Gosh I'd launch into explanation mode as I often do including how it's not just a "cycle" but I'm so, so tired of it. Which I guess is more of a me problem, why am I expecting foreign manga readers who come to a website full of free manga to be anything else in general...and why do I even bother with the comments if I'm so consistently annoyed by them.

Maybe I just like to think and hope we aren't like the old humans in this story.
Why on earth are you trying to grandstand about this obviously rushed ending? It's honestly kinda pathetic to see this story end the way it did just to run to the forums and espouse how much better your understanding of this story is to everyone else's when it utterly objectively fails at actually conveying a proper conclusion.
Your hangup about people being 'wrong' about how the story repeats itself doesn't even acknowledge how horrible the ending is that almost completely invalidates the events that transpire prior to it's final chapter. That's like complaining about how untidy the bedrooms are while the titanic is sinking. Make it make sense! Lmao

Dex-chan lover
They're not humans, they're aliens. Why would he be surprise if the girl turns out to be an alien? Does that mean there are multiple alien species now on Earth? I mean, the teacher kind of sort of implying on that one single panel with the line "are you a species with a strange name" so I guess you could argue that.

Then again, why and how does the boy 'remember' what class rep went through at the end? If they are two different people they wouldn't share a single memory wouldn't you agree?

I guess I'm just not as smart as you are to understand this pretentious manga. Good for you, I'm a bit jealous.

Also, if those new aliens are Haru's species, how are they not better than the previous humans lol? They're living in peace. After acting all superior turns out we're not all different. Oh wait, I guess you can kinda interpret it as the message as well. Everything is a message after all when it's left to the readers' interpretation.
He won't acknowledge any of these blatant plotholes because us illiterate peons are simply too small brained to comprehend poorly written manga! Hahahaha

Dex-chan lover
Poetic.
I know there's the cycles angle - Haru meaning the spring after a winter (aka dark point), however I do wonder if it's alternatively about her setting up a perfect world for him to be happy and not have to think about all his friends dying.

Fed-Kun's army
Sometimes I read a lot of meaningful, existential manga on here and invariably the comments section often resorts to treating these series as "funny" or as being ultimately meaningless.

This one is no different. Gosh I'd launch into explanation mode as I often do including how it's not just a "cycle" but I'm so, so tired of it. Which I guess is more of a me problem, why am I expecting foreign manga readers who come to a website full of free manga to be anything else in general...and why do I even bother with the comments if I'm so consistently annoyed by them.

Maybe I just like to think and hope we aren't like the old humans in this story.
Legend of the galactic heroes tackled the stagnation of society if given enough time much better. (though minus the aliens and high school drama so it’s hardly a fair comparison). While I do ackowlage this is more thought provking then most manga, I think the author needed to pace himself better. This feels like a good tv show that has a rushed ending, I get the same feeling here.

Dex-chan lover
Author tried to make some cycle(?) thing? By that last panel after the time skip(?) I thought Haru made class pres an immortal perma-baby but according to comments last guys were them or their descendants?

Dex-chan lover
...and nothing of value was lost
1dw7rf.jpg
Damn you! God damn you all to Hell!

Fed-Kun's army
i am so dissapointed .... i was hopping some good ending between MC and the alien 😤😤

Dex-chan lover
Another proof that alien scum can’t be trusted. Malevelon Creek Stands!

Fed-Kun's army
This is a marvellous ending! Completing the cycle all over again. Lovely short manga done and well thought from the author, just because of some peoples incapability here in the comments to appreciate the beauty doesn’t mean it was bad.

Users who are viewing this thread