Uchuujin no Kakushigoto - Ch. 23 - Spring (Haru)

Dex-chan lover
Yawn
So nothing changed? Haru is too dumb to realise the new humans are no different?
And how could that possibly be them at the end if they are functionally immortal? Just reborn as a random human-like species?

Good riddance 🚮​

Group Leader
So what you're saying is you form un-validated preconceptions and biases, then judge a work while under the influence of those?

I'm not saying one should be so uptight as to scrutinize a work the moment you pick it up, but what you describe sounds a heck of a lot like lazy and bias-ridden thinking and would explain a lot of false and broken expectations I see on the more exotic manga on the site.

Looking at other comments, both for this manga and many others, you would think that half of all mangaka are purposefully making "funny" unfunny troll stories or are people with mediocre imagination. I think there's some irony in that latter view when it comes from a community of leechers consuming manga like popcorn.

Which is why when someone argues majority within this community, I'm really skeptical at best, like this. Ten's of people sampled from this lot...

If you lot want to bother thinking at all, just remember that these new humans still aren't humans even if they have adopted some parts of that culture. This guy isn't shown to be like class rep in that he's a morally bankrupt person who helps others to please himself, neither is that girl about to reveal she's another alien. Even the final scene tells us something, with architecture that old humans never made.

I'm not going to bother giving more answers than that. It's clear the majority of manga readers want to be spoonfed certain types of stereotypical plot development. Some parts of the final scenes call back to the beginning of this manga, especially the memories, but it's not a cycle, so why show it that way? Ask yourselves that. Or move on to the next manga you find so 'bad' it's 'funny'.
They're not humans, they're aliens. Why would he be surprise if the girl turns out to be an alien? Does that mean there are multiple alien species now on Earth? I mean, the teacher kind of sort of implying on that one single panel with the line "are you a species with a strange name" so I guess you could argue that.

Then again, why and how does the boy 'remember' what class rep went through at the end? If they are two different people they wouldn't share a single memory wouldn't you agree?

I guess I'm just not as smart as you are to understand this pretentious manga. Good for you, I'm a bit jealous.

Also, if those new aliens are Haru's species, how are they not better than the previous humans lol? They're living in peace. After acting all superior turns out we're not all different. Oh wait, I guess you can kinda interpret it as the message as well. Everything is a message after all when it's left to the readers' interpretation.

Dex-chan lover
What we have here is a work of fiction exploring the deep philosophical themes of Nietzsche's eternal return. Everything is predetermined, the universe is in fact a series of ever repeating cycles, with the same events repeating themselves in a cosmological ouroboros.

Or, you know, the author is completely nuts and making a bunch of shit up as he goes along.

The best way I can describe the creative process for this series is: Throwing stuff at the wall and picking up what's on the floor.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I read a lot of meaningful, existential manga on here and invariably the comments section often resorts to treating these series as "funny" or as being ultimately meaningless.

This one is no different. Gosh I'd launch into explanation mode as I often do including how it's not just a "cycle" but I'm so, so tired of it. Which I guess is more of a me problem, why am I expecting foreign manga readers who come to a website full of free manga to be anything else in general...and why do I even bother with the comments if I'm so consistently annoyed by them.

Maybe I just like to think and hope we aren't like the old humans in this story.
When you want to say "too deep for you", at least try to check that it's "too deep" first.

Group Leader
Bro was cooking something good, accidently dropped it on the floor picked it back up and hoped none noticed

Group Leader
This is the second manga i read from this fucking author that's i don't know what is going on, this author learned on trick and keeps repeating it by making everything vague thinking it's cool even if it doesn't make sense.
What's the first

Dex-chan lover
Weird and abrupt ending to an otherwise great manga. I'm not satisfied with the destination, but I sure as hell enjoyed the journey.

Double-page supporter
I don't know what to make of this. I won't go as far as to say it was a waste of my time, because there were moments here and there, but it ended as if the author slipped in dog shit and fell with his head over it.

Users who are viewing this thread