Sousou no Frieren - Ch. 126 - A New Mission

Dex-chan lover
Serie, do you ship Übel and Land?

s8xjAcS.png

How about sparring with Stark?

guVUCt4.png

Dex-chan lover
nothing but contempt for the shadow warriors or their idiotic practice of blindly killing people just cuz someone slipped them a list. I look forward to Frieren & co ripping em to shreds if not physically, then at least metaphorically.

Dex-chan lover
last page dude literally dropped the line "My face won't even be remembered by history..." and dropped the hint at the list. We also got the episode with the Shadow Warriors just prior, so this seems like a proper follow up on a rather intriguing plotine.

The demon's having a hand in all of that, possible. Übel just meaning Evil and being the last boss / demon queen just prancing around? Entirely feasible.

I don't recall anyone being introduced called Welt, because that might as well be the demon king's name as well. Just meaning world.

I never really got why people think names are somewhat spoilers, there are tons of ways to describe things. Did we have Ende already? Maybe they'll make it ultra obvious and name the final dude just Finale.

Fed-Kun's army
Serie, do you ship Übel and Land?

s8xjAcS.png

How about sparring with Stark?

guVUCt4.png
Lol

The power system in Frieren keeps getting better and better

A shadow warrior was able to no diff Frieren last week, and we are told in this chapter that even Serie could possibly have trouble if a skilled warrior was to attack her at close quarters by surprise

Even though in an open fight she would destroy them with nothing more than mana blasts, If she gets sneaked in close quarters she might even lose!

This highlights the role of warriors in a party!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Who gave the TL a thesaurus? I hope someone burns it. Sometimes simple wording is best, overly verbose wording can distract the reader as they think more about a word or way of speaking that they aren't accustomed to, instead of actually being able to pay attention to the dialogue.

Dex-chan lover
The whole thing with the Empire and the possible threat on Serie's life is intriguing. I also greatly enjoyed the discussion on the importance of class party roles and how a fast enough Warrior can dispatch a mage unprepared or ill-equipped for close combat. Overall, a very good read for an exposition chapter.

With all of that said...

Oh Christ. Ubel found Land. I should be panicking and fearing for my boy's life but all I could think of is "There. There's my ship. It's full of holes, its sails are threadbare, there are maggots in the biscuit barrels, and I have absolutely no trust in Ubel, but... But... THERE IS MY SHIP AND MY GOD IT'S SAILING FOR NOW!"

Dex-chan lover
That or demons.
Wouldn't surprise me that much, if the empire had some hidden demon enclave within it. Especially considering that the first thing Macht and Solitär aimed at was breaking the barrier around the Empire after being freed.
okay, but the thought of demon playing string behind human kingdom is a great plotline.
it's terrifying that demons have learnt enough to know that direct confrontation isn't the best way to deal with strong people.

Users who are viewing this thread