Cheating Men Must Die - Vol. 19 Ch. 408 - Rebirth of the Demonic Lord - The Burden of Having Treasures

SGR

Double-page supporter
They've made the antagonist extremely attractive this time. But also this chapter is very good at explaining how hypocritical a typical wuxia wish fulfillment is.
What I'd do in this case is make the next arc take place in the same canon, but this time as the resentful demonic cultivator who is killed by the ancestors - the current arc being simply a fanfic spinoff from the original story. And in the original she is betrayed by the lover because the FML of that story snatched him.

Now THAT would be an interesting twist on the genre.

Dex-chan lover
"children suffer for sins of the parent" god absolutely hate that ideology of mostly the east lol. Not that it doesn't appear in west at times, but it isn't ingrained in the culture like a collectivist one of east.

And, ya, "fl" is a hypocritical bitch being angry about past life if she believes in survival of fittest bullshit

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I do love when hypocrites get punished. I have to admit though, when I heard about the cultivation bit, I wondered if her cultivator stalker might reappear.

Dex-chan lover
Her side of the story: "They betrayed me at the moment of my ascension!"
Their side of the story (probably): "We've already asked her nicely to stop being a menace too many times, so..."

Dex-chan lover
I love reading cultivation novels, but I fucking hate this part about cultivators who keep killing random innocents and praise it as a virtue. Fucking edgelords.

Why now always fighting a female villain while the men are being relegated to be story fodder. The author has lost sight it's about cheating bastards?

Dex-chan lover
Why now always fighting a female villain while the men are being relegated to be story fodder. The author has lost sight it's about cheating bastards?
It's less about cheating bastards and more turning up their nose at the usual tropes in Chinese popular media.

Double-page supporter
Nice set up for some face slapping with a nice side of cultivation. Perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread