Samurai in Another World - Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
rather than her not being of this world and not having mana therefore not being eligible for the monsterification process (almost definitely happening next chapter), i would kind of rather that it technically DOES work, but given it has to "suit" the wielder and ginko is basically already so deranged and born to kill as is that changing her body into that of a monster doesn't do anything (ie. she's already a monster), something to that effect. it's a small difference but i would be more hyped with the witch going "oh i'm so fucked" than the witch going "oh no mana, duh"

i do kinda wanna see what the artist is cooking with a potential different ginko transformation though

Dex-chan lover
Ginko has no mana, she's not of that world, that witch is f*cked!
Yep. Author made it painfully obvious that the witch will try to use her magic on Ginko, and nothing will happen, thus confusing the witch. Then we'll probably get another soliloquy about how it's impossible that someone was able to resist her perfect magic. 😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
rather than her not being of this world and not having mana therefore not being eligible for the monsterification process (almost definitely happening next chapter), i would kind of rather that it technically DOES work, but given it has to "suit" the wielder and ginko is basically already so deranged and born to kill as is that changing her body into that of a monster doesn't do anything (ie. she's already a monster), something to that effect. it's a small difference but i would be more hyped with the witch going "oh i'm so fucked" than the witch going "oh no mana, duh"

i do kinda wanna see what the artist is cooking with a potential different ginko transformation though
aaah so want it done metaphorically ?
both trope already been done few times on other work and in this case 100% the correct way for it to be literal.
ginko doesn't have mana, Perfect bitch can manipulate anyone with mana. so it doesn't make sense since the setup are clear its about mana

it's like saying " you'll regret this and i'll bath in your blood when im done" but the creature you said that to are made of wood and doesnt have drop of blood in it.
different story if the setup was " i can make anyone turned into monster as long the ritual/seal are completed" then it doesn't work because ginko already a monster in a sense.
but the setup are about mana so the author clearly want to make Ginko as achilles heel of the witch

Dex-chan lover
You know a lot of you are saying that Ginko has no magic but I wonder if that’s true. I’d be rather curious if that one witch healing her cut off arm might influence part of this fight. Or maybe Ginko (and the humans of our world) does have magic but she didn’t use it before because mana is locked on our world. I believe Tsukimichi has this info in it.

Dex-chan lover
...are we sure the final page about kicking the shit out of the witch's stomach is not literal?

Dex-chan lover
yeah Ginko is the best isekai protagonist of all time, Cid? Rimuru? Rudeus? they can’t even touch her heels

Dex-chan lover
Shouldve sliced her in half when you got the chance cuz it seems like Ginko will need to fight the griffon and let the witch retreat to be an annoyance later…please prove me wrong and have her in pieces next chapter please…

Dex-chan lover
You can tell in the scene where the witch is going on about how perfect she is that Ginko is not letting this BS slide, asking the witch to explain herself was as far as the mercy went, since the bitc- witch did not explain herself the free trial of mercy was not extended.

Dex-chan lover
Oookaaayy I wasn't expecting the witch to give us some yuri fanservice, not that I mind.
I'm guessing she transformed the nun/hero into a monster/demon at some point, but our nun was able to become human again. Maybe thanks to the king?
Anyways, I fucking love Ginko and that kick felt amazing.
Thanks for the chapter!

Ginko being that insane suits her, being such a good metaphor that humans are monsters, it just depends on how you life it and such. Also her being such a fighter naturally puts most fighters off-guard since even the weakest hero has some magic, truly a "run those hands or run those pockets" ahh girl

Users who are viewing this thread