Firefox for Android started to miss Next chapter button.

Double-page supporter
Hello, I don't I know if this is the right place as I am not sure even whose causing the issue. But recently in the last few weeks I think Firefox for android started to omit Next chapter, the button is only visible in full screen or if I exit the chapter and open a new Tab/window and even then I can disappear be it be it because of scrolling back up after reaching the end or seemingly randomly. Sometimes I can tap the last image and it will take me to the next chapter, and sometimes nothing happens.
Again this almost never happened last year and the only times when it happened it would be due to server error that would refuse to even mark the chapters with the missing button as read. Not in this case as the site is tracking my progress just fine.

I just want to report the issue incase you were not aware of it. And let me know if you need further details from my side.

Solution
I am assuming you are talking about this being a problem for long strip titles or if you have your reader set to long strip instead of pages.

I have had an issue occasionally where the tool/navigation bar interferes with things on several sites if you have the "scroll to hide" option enabled in the "customize" settings. Turning that feature off will "fix" the problem, but most of the time all you need to do is scroll up a bit and then back down
.Screenshot_20240317-082826.jpg
Contributor
I am assuming you are talking about this being a problem for long strip titles or if you have your reader set to long strip instead of pages.

I have had an issue occasionally where the tool/navigation bar interferes with things on several sites if you have the "scroll to hide" option enabled in the "customize" settings. Turning that feature off will "fix" the problem, but most of the time all you need to do is scroll up a bit and then back down
.Screenshot_20240317-082826.jpg

Solution
Double-page supporter
I don't know why I didn't get notified of you

.View attachment 1549
I don't know why I didn't get notified on your response. I tried to scroll up and back down and that sadly did not work. Disabling scroll to hide seems to work. I test it a bit more then mark your response as the solution!
Thanks for the help,

Double-page supporter

.View attachment 1549
I wished the button would be larger. That be an easy fix to a terribly annoying problem.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
The only way I can get url bar to cover the bottom is if I veeery slowly and deliberately scroll down specifically to avoid the auto hide, so I really can't replicate an issue here. Having "Turn pages by tapping" and "Automatically advance chapter on last page" turned on should also just sidestep the whole issue altogether.

I'm saying this without checking to make sure, but I'm pretty confident that the viewport height related stylings are very deliberate specifically because of issues with mobile navigators doing this exact kind of stuff. If you have browser navbar hiding on, chances are a problem like this slipping in is probably more or less unavoidable.

That said, looking at the overlay you get when tapping the center of the screen on mobile, in longstrip mode there's this up arrow button that scrolls you to the top. I'm wondering if we should have left/right buttons there for quick chapter switching as well.

Users who are viewing this thread