Kingdom - Ch. 790 - The Blood of Seika

Group Leader
ok surely there's no way ousen can't fight himself, right?

he's ouki's close relative, and ouhon's father.
he's definitely a very skilled fighter and he simply keeps this as a last resort up his sleeve for a rainy day.
he's going to leave the 2 enemy generals to his own 2 generals and handle shibashou himself.

...right???
No... We all already know that Shin will show up at the last minute and kill Shibashou.

Dex-chan lover
I think this is what aggravates a lot of fans here. It’s not so much that Riboku is extremely competent and flawless (though that also annoys), but that Qin’s just getting completely and one-sidedly outmanoeuvred at every single step, and none have the ability to do anything because no matter how risky Riboku’s stratagems are, Qin never has the ability to actually punish him for taking risks.

Doesn’t help that Ousen and bandit king (forget his name already in this onslaught of names) basically provide strategy as follows:
Ousen: “I have a strategy.”
Qin: “A strategy! In this day and age? At this point in the war? At this very battlefield! Conceived entirely within your mind?”
Ousen: “Yes.”
Qin: “May we know it?”
Ousen: “No.”
Whole series as basically been:
Qin: Ousen is an amazing general! The greatest in all of Qin!
Ousen: stares blankly throughout battle
Qin: gets bodied but wins by some miracle after important characters die
Ousen: All according to keikaku
Qin: Sasuga Ousen-samaaaaaa

Honestly, I'm tired of his shit. Doesn't help that his eyes bulging out of his mask have always made the blank stare look more prominent.

Dex-chan lover
He said the thing

mIcW694.jpeg

Really tiring, SenselessScans took two weeks for a chapter. It lost my patience and appetite. 🗿😮‍💨

No... We all already know that Shin will show up at the last minute and kill Shibashou.
Yea he's been on the way back from a couple chapters now. In true hara fashion once someone is out of sight that long (especially main characters) you can guarantee teleportation is coming.

Dex-chan lover
Every battle where a single dude elevated on a gigantic horse is a problem, I ask myself if china hasn't heard of bows. I know this isn't true, because the hi-shin is confirmed to have at least two archers, so the setting has bows, and knows to use them in warfare.

So why, pray tell, do we never see even just a single arrow fly at these conveniently helmetless super important giga-generals? I can understand not using archers on the offensive, but defensively, like this? What reason is there to not shoot at the giant, 20 ft. tall man-mountain so clearly visible over the ranks of other infantry and cavalry? Fucking use archers. I know they're the dishonorable cheat code of medieval warfare, but you're just throwing endless scores of soldiers into the trash here.
They did it with one person I believe and it felt anticlimactic for the fight.

So I guess they just thought to leave it to melee fights instead of actual warfare strategy..that and everytime we hit a point in fights here come the Naruto speech to boost morale where somehow people can here over the constant fighting and weapons clashing against armor

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I kinda am at a point where I can't remember 80% of the characters, nor really care to remember them.
All I really want is Riboku to fucking get exxed. And god beware if the Author decides to go alt-history on that and let him survive.

Really tiring, SenselessScans took two weeks for a chapter. It lost my patience and appetite. 🗿😮‍💨
Translator might be busy or burning out, since they're always promoting a page for new TLs. March madness burnout for translators is real, somebody give the old man a massage or something. D:

Edit: Need muh kingdom fix ;--; gib

Last edited:
starts shouting in the middle of a battle involving 30k men on each side
Let's assume that the men are standing an astonishing 32 ranks deep (a full macedonian phalanx was rarely more than 16) and are also in close order (closer than a pike phalanx). Let's also assume Shiba is in the exact center of his troops. Let's also assume (in defiance of facts we can see) that everyone is an infantryman so they're able to huddle together much much closer than the cavalry we actually see accompanying Shibashou.

He's shouting in the open air, while everyone else is screaming and dying, in the middle of a rectangle of soldiers something to the effect of a mile long so there's half a dozen football fields between him and the commander of the far ends of his line. A more realistic length would be four or five miles long, minimum.

I'm not shocked that everyone stopped to hear him speak. I'm shocked that anyone even realized he was talking.

Banned
So why, pray tell, do we never see even just a single arrow fly at these conveniently helmetless super important giga-generals?
Artistic license; there's not a lot of helmets around because there's already so many characters that it's hard to keep track of what's going on, imagine how much harder it would be if you couldn't see anyone's faces? Same with the generals always being so fucking huge: they need to stand out from the throng of soldiers somehow. They just don't get shot by arrows because the real generals didn't either.

Users who are viewing this thread