Gal no Haigo ni Rei ga Iru - Vol. 3 Ch. 38 - friendly chocolate battle (Part II)

Dex-chan lover
im glad!! im still learning the quality will slowly improve :)
Thanks so much for bringing this story about a cute ghost back to life.. :thumbsup:

Regarding the typesetting quality, some general tips are to center align the text in the speech bubbles. If you need to split long words with a hyphen, try to avoid leaving one or two letters hanging on the next line or having only a single small word or two occupy an entire line by itself. Also when you are adding text that needs to break speech bubble boundaries to fit, adding a white-outline stroke to the text improves visibility. Some more tips here.

Thanks again!

Dex-chan lover
On page 8 - 'I think you'll understand if you look at the moon' - is that an idiom of some sort?

Thanks for the chapter!
No. The entire page was off, really.
of course!! the quality will get better im new at translating so im still learning but ill do my best!!
What's your first language, and how long have you been learning Japanese?

No. The entire page was off, really.

What's your first language, and how long have you been learning Japanese?
first language english and ive been learning for over a year nearly 2 so not long but im hoping to improve. i was unsure if it said moon or the name of one of her other friends

Dex-chan lover
first language english and ive been learning for over a year nearly 2 so not long but im hoping to improve.
Then I assume you know about GPT, Google Lens, Jisho, etc?
i was unsure if it said moon or the name of one of her other friends
Brother, I know exactly what you mean. I recently ended up translating 直人 as "Normal people", not realizing it was MC's name, and it had 8 different readings as a name. 🤦‍♂️

Then I assume you know about GPT, Google Lens, Jisho, etc?

Brother, I know exactly what you mean. I recently ended up translating 直人 as "Normal people", not realizing it was MC's name, and it had 8 different readings as a name. 🤦‍♂️
especially the sfx they have like 20 different meanings each one and 10 of them fit the context and you gotta choose the right one😭

Users who are viewing this thread