Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
His entire schtick is that he trained super long and became all powerful such that he could defeat the demon lord that gods could do nothing against. He can just reinforce the spatial fabric or some shit, and noone would know besides the cheats not working. No need to go all out, or even visibly be the cause.

Or he could just run so fast noone sees, or use magic to space swap things himself, before their cheats activates. Making it seem like they self-destructed while he nullified their abilities from activating in whatever way.
If our protag was a different sort of personality, he could always take advantage of the "we don't care if you murder your opponents" rule and set up a string of "enemy disqualification because dead" victories. I'm honestly kinda surprised none of the other teams have attempted it.

Dex-chan lover
His entire schtick is that he trained super long and became all powerful such that he could defeat the demon lord that gods could do nothing against. He can just reinforce the spatial fabric or some shit, and noone would know besides the cheats not working. No need to go all out, or even visibly be the cause.

Or he could just run so fast noone sees, or use magic to space swap things himself, before their cheats activates. Making it seem like they self-destructed while he nullified their abilities from activating in whatever way.
This isn't Korea, so it'd be "Onee-chan", not "Noone"

It's actually impossible that he went 30,000 years without having sex with her even once. Do you understand just how fucking long that is?

He took 50 years each just to train basic stuffs like walking, eating with left hand,..., He might train to hold for who knows how many thousands years :haa:

Dex-chan lover

Not entirely defending how the author setup how MC keeps on hiding his power, but you can't be entirely be sure that he can even do those things. Yeah, he trained with the demon lord who can't be defeated by the gods, but that doesn't mean that the gods cheat level themselves. I mean, it can be that they can bestow cheats but not use them.

Unless you've read the the Light novel, which I haven't, then my point can be moot.

Dex-chan lover
Literally page 14. He wants to try, but not hard enough to blow his cover. The conversation was

"Man, but they got those cheat powers.

Then why don't you fuck 'em up for real?"

, not "Man, but they got those cheat powers.

Yeah, that's going to be hard. But I know you can do it!"
I hate to be "that guy" but the page you cited actually reads:
"How totally pathetic."
"It's because of those abilities... It's cheating..."
"Kukuku... Then why don't you show your true colors"
"You know why I can't. I have to..."
"You have to fight in a way where they don't notice you." "It must be really hard."

I checked the next page, says nothing about "bend them over a desk if he actually tried." or easily overpower them in any more straight forward way than "show your true colors."
Page 8 has the following line: "If I really wanted to win I could grab their flag as fast as I could," "but that could lead to them finding out who Felice is because of me,"
Nowhere else in the chapter do they talk about his true abilities, and literally nowhere in the chapter do they state that he could easily overwhelm the others.

Dex-chan lover
I hate to be "that guy" but the page you cited actually reads:
"How totally pathetic."
"It's because of those abilities... It's cheating..."
"Kukuku... Then why don't you show your true colors"
"You know why I can't. I have to..."
"You have to fight in a way where they don't notice you." "It must be really hard."

I checked the next page, says nothing about "bend them over a desk if he actually tried." or easily overpower them in any more straight forward way than "show your true colors."
Page 8 has the following line: "If I really wanted to win I could grab their flag as fast as I could," "but that could lead to them finding out who Felice is because of me,"
Nowhere else in the chapter do they talk about his true abilities, and literally nowhere in the chapter do they state that he could easily overwhelm the others.
Right. So they openly acknowledge he'd bend them over a desk if he actually tried. But he doesn't want to be found out, so his only choice is to try just hard enough so he's not noticed, or figure out some way to make his full strength look like a fluke, or a miracle. Maybe English isn't your first language, but unless there's an issue with the translation "Show them your true colors" is her saying he should go all out. His response is expressing a fear of everyone finding out what he can do, and thus putting her in danger. The difficulty is in winning while also hiding his strength, not winning in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Not entirely defending how the author setup how MC keeps on hiding his power, but you can't be entirely be sure that he can even do those things. Yeah, he trained with the demon lord who can't be defeated by the gods, but that doesn't mean that the gods cheat level themselves. I mean, it can be that they can bestow cheats but not use them.

Unless you've read the the Light novel, which I haven't, then my point can be moot.
if the demon lord can't be defeated by someone (be that a god, or the hero with the cheat) able to swap all her body parts with various pockets of air, then arguably that kind of denial should have been on the training menu, too. Same for any hero with a cheat to stop time, or move as fast as Flash, or whatever really. And the demon lord beating those cheats, and mc can beat that demon lord, means he needs to at the very least be faster than Flash, or whatever.

Basically, through a pseudo-associative property, hero should be able to beat anyone demon lord can't be killed by

And no, haven't read LN.

Dex-chan lover
I think that's the point, the enemy F-rank team that they're fighting right now is the real one they're supposed to fight. That's why the other angel was interested.
Right, the whole point is that the entire tournament is rigged to fuck over the F classes. Even this final fight is set up to be a pyrrhic victory between two teams who should be so desperate to win that they're willing to destroy themselves in the process.

And honestly I'm fine with that, it adds a little bit of tension that you normally don't have when the MC is supposed to be powerful enough to kill god.

The problem though is that it doesn't really do a great job of explaining WHY he's powerless against some of these cheats.

The teleporting team makes sense; he was completely caught off-guard.

The hypnosis team needed more explanation; was Komari allowed to throw in the towel for the whole team, and that's why he couldn't fight solo or have time to fix her?​
The out of bounds team kind of makes sense, but also could still use some explanation. I guess he could have been prepared for people to teleport and mind control, but wasn't prepared to be just instantly tossed out of the ring?

The tunnel team is the one that's really puzzling. By this point he's already seen people who can teleport both themselves and others, so you'd think he'd have done SOMETHING to keep people from warping onto his flag.​

I think the impression we're supposed to be getting is that while the MC is incredibly OP when it comes to combat and things he prepared for with Felice, at this point he's still being caught offguard by people who had to be a lot more ruthless in their worlds. After all, Felice WANTED him to kill her so he got to focus on one-on-one combat so he could fight her; the other heroes had to actually make their way to their demon lords somehow.

Supporter
"I got too excited and came early." -- You think he'd be used to that after thirty thousand years...

Dex-chan lover
Well "Noone" isn't a word in English, so I assumed this was actually a Korean series, you were talking about some sister I had missed out on.
It is a word in english, it also has a synonym "no one" if that whitespace helps you. Unlike "Alot" and "a lot" (which aren't synonyms, former word being a fantastical mythological beast)

Dex-chan lover

As someone else pointed out before me, they have not explicitly laid out what his "power" is or is not with the sole exception of his fight against that one "hero" and that was 1. His "ability to grab things like the wind," 2. His fencing skills (i.e. sword usage), and 3. The ability of the sword he has, which is what ate all the accumulated lives of the other "hero". Beyond that we know literally nothing about what he can or cannot do. Presumably magic? But to what extent.
And regardless of what "feats of strength" he can perform the entire point of this manga is that he is living for the sake of Felice, period. Anything that would put that in jeopardy (beyond explicit instructions from Felice herself) is outside of what the MC is willing to do. He will not put her in danger, he will not do anything that would make them suspicious. And simply being capable of doing what you are suggesting makes them very suspicious. If he, who is considered a failure, was capable of blocking a "B Rank" hero, who has killed a demon lord they would question everything about him, and therefore his cat.
The Gods may have been unable to destroy Felice, but they were able to trap her for an extraordinary amount of time, who is to say that they still can't.

Dex-chan lover
Right. So they openly acknowledge he'd bend them over a desk if he actually tried. But he doesn't want to be found out, so his only choice is to try just hard enough so he's not noticed, or figure out some way to make his full strength look like a fluke, or a miracle. Maybe English isn't your first language, but unless there's an issue with the translation "Show them your true colors" is her saying he should go all out. His response is expressing a fear of everyone finding out what he can do, and thus putting her in danger. The difficulty is in winning while also hiding his strength, not winning in the first place.
Yes, I am a native English speaker, and last I checked "Show them your true colors" is not synonymous with "bend them over a desk if he actually tried."
Yes, they clearly acknowledged that he could"do something against them," ergo "Show them your true colors," no they don't "openly acknowledge he'd bend them over a desk if he actually tried." Nowhere do they" openly state (or acknowledge) that he could overwhelm them. That is not the sole and explicit meaning of the phrase "Show them your true colors" which has plenty of different interpretations.
Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but you are being highly specific and precise with a fairly generic term. She could be using it that way, she could be saying that he has more than enough ability to "compete" with them (instead of outright overwhelmed them, which is what you are insisting is what was literally said).
Anyway, and regardless, arguing about this is ultimately pointless because it's semantics, and as I implied in my first post, I usually don't correct people for semantically misquoting the material they are claiming to "literally" quote.

Users who are viewing this thread