An anime/Manga that you loved at 1st sight?

Dex-chan lover
A recent one for me has been Dark Gathering. The page with Antichrist-fetus' first appearance caught my attention, and I've been hooked on it since.

I really like the "ghost raising" system, the high stakes of each battle so far, how captured ghosts from previous arcs are used against later opponents and how the ghosts the heroes use are just as likely to kill them, with most being always a wrong move away from becoming the next arc's boss (and it actually happens). It's the sort of series that really makes me wish there was a good tie-in game, or something that scratched that itch. I haven't felt this way about a battle manga in a long time.

Dex-chan lover
Ascendance of a Bookworm, the blue loli is the greatest. Still the best isekai I've ever seen.
ascendance-of-a-bookworm-anime-run.gif

Dex-chan lover
Watamote stole my heart when i first watched the anime then the manga which the manga is kinda mid rn
its the only anime girl i tried to manifest into reality in my teens
tomoko-kuroki-watamote.gif

Dex-chan lover
Despite my Love for HNK, JOJO, and One Piece, I'd have to say it was My Hero Academia. With those three, there was some hesitation, I didn't know what I was getting into.
With My Hero Academia, I was all in, and loved it. Sure I left it for like 7 years or so for One Piece, but I'm slowly coming back.

Dex-chan lover
Actually several of them. For anime it could range from Hanayamata to Paripi Koumei having in between Yosuga no Sora and Himegoto (these are the first four that popped up in my mind) and for manga they would be titles such as Kase-san, Futari Escape and Chotto Ippai!, but the list is far longer. Also more popular titles (both in anime and manga) such as Jojo's Phantom Blood and Kusuriya no Hitorigoto. I can foresee the development within seconds.

Dex-chan lover
Toilet-bound hanako-kun, Wandering witch and Super cub, thanks to the anime adaptations. I've discover those three the same day, by trying some animes randomly on the now defunct french anime streaming website "Wakanim". Toilet-bound did catch my eyes because it was very beautiful graphicaly ! Wandering witch catched my eyes because of her main character. For super cub, i was sure i would dislike it after reading the synopsis, but gived him a chance, the anime succeded to change my mind.

For mangas, Hataraku saibou, because i'm the kind of nerdz with a strong passion for science since childhood, the kind who read textbooks for fun. Also, it kind of reminded me an old french educative TV "cartoon" (not sure if it's the right term) named "il était une fois la vie", who was really popular in my generation and is a part of the childhood of every french people in their 30's. It was a sort of shonen version of it, it just pulled the right strings !

Users who are viewing this thread