Nimotsu Mochi no Nousuji Musou - Ch. 9.2

Dex-chan lover
... Does dipshit not realize that his "definition" of a hero also applies to the demon king? Or even just really successful serial killers? Like, I'm sure that, collectively, you could apply all those things to someone like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I wonder what Leon is high on. To think he is a hero and even enumerated the qualities of such. Even being delusional that they 'stood out too much' :kek:

Dex-chan lover
... Does dipshit not realize that his "definition" of a hero also applies to the demon king? Or even just really successful serial killers? Like, I'm sure that, collectively, you could apply all those things to someone like Jeffrey Dahmer or Ted Bundy.
To be fair, "hero" is entirely subjective. The demon king can easily be considered a hero to the demons, and serial killers definitely have admirers. There's a reason why the copycat killer is a phenomenon. So, sick as it is to say, the famous serial killers are indeed heroes...to other serial killers, and wannabe serial killers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if I like that the Hero party is this weak that even a supposed weak enemy like horned rabbits are too tough for them to defeat, or maybe it's just that the horn is too strong? Either way, for me it's unbelievable that they're this weak to begin with. They could've portrayed it much better that they're using too much of their strength and energy to defeat fairly medium enemies.

Dex-chan lover
Just over 20 years ago, I remember seeing on a message board someone using a blanket definition of a hero that would apply to the NAzi soldiers and pretty much every war criminal out there. The were trying to claim all soldiers are heroes so claimed just putting one the uniform made you one, when it is what you do in uniform that actually matters as putting on a uniform then hiding behind a desk is not heroic, just as torturing prisoners is not heroic, but risking your life to defend your countrymen is.

Dex-chan lover
OH C'MON!
giphy.webp

Supporter
Hello guys, as the translator of this story, here's a spoiler

The ex-party storyline is not ending yet, and it's not going to get better, it's the most boring shit I've ever read or translate

Though Ruck's storyline is getting better.
I am interested as to your thoughts about Ruck -- on a scale of 1 to Pinocchio, how "on the nose" do you feel the author was with his choice of name? [Ruck -> Carrier -> rucksack]

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating!

I love the b-plot of the ex-party. Instead of the usual sliding into evil routine, we see the trying to work out the nefarious reasons behind their troubles. They are magically dumb, and I can't wait to see more of their failure.

Dex-chan lover
Just over 20 years ago, I remember seeing on a message board someone using a blanket definition of a hero that would apply to the NAzi soldiers and pretty much every war criminal out there. The were trying to claim all soldiers are heroes so claimed just putting one the uniform made you one, when it is what you do in uniform that actually matters as putting on a uniform then hiding behind a desk is not heroic, just as torturing prisoners is not heroic, but risking your life to defend your countrymen is.
Well the term hero originates from greek mythology if i remember right, and a hero in those wasn't really heroic based on their morality, but their strength, deeds and legends, it didn't matter if they were noble or villainous, posted this elsewhere but the easiest example of this is the story of david and goliath(since everyone, even non-religious, probably know it), in it david is a hero of the jewish people, but goliath is a hero of the philistines, even though goliath is known for some pretty heinous acts, by definition hannabal was a hero as well, as he was the only man up to the point in history to defeat rome in open battle, zhuge liang from china's 3 kingdoms was also a hero but in truth he was a military strategist and it's hard to estimate a "noble" side to the three kingdoms.

So to put it simply, he's technically right if using the classical term of hero a heroic entity could be a thief, murderer or tyrant, if his name is one of legends, ivan the terrible and vlad the impaler also are examples, though in vlad's case, he actually is considered a hero by the romanians in both senses, same with ivan in russia (technically the russians call him ivan the strong, the terrible part is a western mistranslation).

Users who are viewing this thread