STOP! PIRACY - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Group Leader
God this is so stupid. "Hello, Fellow Teens! You wouldn't download a car, would you?! Bet! Cap! Uh.. Jinkies!"

I can't imagine buying or reading a whole book of this vapid preaching where every 4 page 'chapter' is exactly the same thing. I guess they didn't really sell these, just gave them out for free?

Not bagging on the TL, it is definitely interesting to see that someone thought this was a good idea and that the mangaka are just phoning it in.

Group Leader
God this is so stupid. "Hello, Fellow Teens! You wouldn't download a car, would you?! Bet! Cap! Uh.. Jinkies!"

I can't imagine buying or reading a whole book of this vapid preaching where every 4 page 'chapter' is exactly the same thing. I guess they didn't really sell these, just gave them out for free?

Not bagging on the TL, it is definitely interesting to see that someone thought this was a good idea and that the mangaka are just phoning it in.
Don't worry, it was indeed a free manga...
On the other hand, I'm translating this series just for the sake of translating something... (not gonna lie)
:pepela:

i love apples
Oh! Another average apple enjoyer! (like me) :win:

Dex-chan lover

I mean, it is trying to preach something, so obviously it will come across as preachy, and also in a cringey way, especially when we are the direct target of the manga.

The only exception is that everything the manga is preaching, we have been struggling and arguing among each other for a long time, not just between official manga and scanlators, but scanlators and aggregator sites. And MD was born as a way to (try to) satisfy all sides, providing an aggregator site that the scanlators have the control which and when to upload, and allow official manga sites to also chime in. So the manga comes across as shallow and "not understanding the issues", becuz at this point, they are missing the entire struggle and moral dilemma that we had.

Group Leader
I mean, it is trying to preach something, so obviously it will come across as preachy, and also in a cringey way, especially when we are the direct target of the manga.
I agree with everything you said that I'm not quoting here! I just do think you can educate on something without being completely in your face cringey and sermonizing. That just backfires. Even if I agree with what they're saying the tone just makes me want to pirate! Of course that's really hard when every mangaka is only given 4 pages, so all they can do is cram in the clumsy lines they've been given to cram in and they're done.

Dex-chan lover

You wouldn't download a loli, would you?

Users who are viewing this thread