Kuni ni Saikyou no Barrier wo Hattara Heiwa ni Narisugite Tsuihou Saremashita. Sono Barrier, Eizoku Janai yo? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
What the heck is this garbage? Not only the plot progression here is so disjointed but they are even speed running the character development. If the dragons don't like to eat humans then why did she try multiple times to eat the MC? Why does he have a thing that lets him identify as a top mage in that kingdom?

Are we really about to get a barrier heal moment? At this point why barrier? Just make it so MC is a support mage this makes no sense considering he only knows "Barrier". I hate when series do this to be gimicky but they are just the same as everything.

I assume this chick is the one the spoiler said
she tells the king to look into why MC was gone and he doesn't
also we have no timescale here? How long has it been since MC left the castle? If it's a few days then how does this work?

Also
If the finace's plan was to not marry MC and the guy she loves how will her plan work? As MC was never actually exiled they just lied to him and since it was a political marriage how does she expect to marry her love when as far as the king is knows MC and her are still politically marrying?
This is why this plot makes no sense the more and more you think of it.
look
it is quite meh
but
at least it isnt kanojo okarishimasu

Dex-chan lover
look
it is quite meh
but
at least it isnt kanojo okarishimasu
You know whats funny? Ranma 1/2 has the same issue and is older. Same amount of chapters too. Rent a girlfriend is trash that for some ungodly reason gets purchases cause people sunken cost fallacy. They need to know how it ends and after buying like 15 volumes they will keep doing so (I think it's what like vol35 or something now?)

Well its kinda trash, isnt it?

1 - Bitch booted dumb MC for her personal reasons...ok then, its the usual
2 - MC went away and they even tried to kill MC... and he didnt kill them or anything
3 - MC didnt undo his barrier that was protecting the country
4 - The premise that MC could even heal but couldnt punch with his barrier is lame
5 - Why always a loli dragon? And a dragon that didnt like human taste, dont like killing humans because they retaliate... is she afraid of humans at all?
6 - Why tutor a loli noble instead putting the dragon to make money adventuring

2 chapters and everybody knows its already condemned to be axed

Dex-chan lover
This is just a fever dream, god damn this is stupid... bookmarked anyways...

"Because humans don't taste good" Then why were you so determined to eat him, stupid dragon.
For those that are curious there is a reason the dragon girl is trying so hard to eat him

Later when the MC finally gets around to asking why she is trying the dragon girl reveals that she can absorb the powers of the creatures she eats and she wants his barrier magic to become stronger. And since she can't break his barrier she will just hang around until he dies of old age.

Dex-chan lover
Hrm...

Maybe the manga would read a lot better if these guys had a native English speaker in their group. Preferably one who knew at least a bit of Japanese.

Might not fix the pacing issues.

On another note, I know some people are confused as to why this kingdom would not only exile him, but attempt to have him assassinated.

The answer is simple:

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO REALLY ARE THAT KIND OF STUPID.

Seriously.

And the only real talent that they have is somehow getting into positions of power that they neither deserve, nor do they have the competence for. And yes, people like these have literally, no joke, completely ruined entire companies.

Just like they're about to completely ruin their kingdom because they got rid of their ultimate trump card.

And to be honest with ya'll? I'd love to see a manga that deconstructs the fuck out of this scenario instead of just milking it for humor. Though I don't think we'll be seeing that here.

Gotta say, though, the art style is interesting. If the mangaka got an actual writer and editor working with them, then this manga would probably be top notch.

Dex-chan lover
That dragon girl is getting on my nerves. I think I'm just about done with this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
Haruto from Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou deshita had barrier magic and he could heal. So it's possible lol
Dude has barrier magic that lets him access Japanese internet to where he can watch anime. His barrier magic allows him to make sentient clones of himself. He is not a good example by which all other barrier users should be measured.

Double-page supporter
I understand that the pacing is F-ed up. But I do LOVE when a character goes "broke mode, got to do whatever it takes for a meal" mode. Reminds me of god Yato from noragami.

Dex-chan lover
AT LEAST HE DIDN'T GET TO EAT FROM THE GOVERNMENT PANTRY.

DAMN, HAVING BADGES!

Users who are viewing this thread