Isekai Walking - Vol. 7 Ch. 64 - Curse

Dex-chan lover
I get folks saying this was 'forced', but this series isn't one with a primary action focus. The main character likes to walk, cook, and make friends. Having an action oriented resolution to this would have gone against the spirit of the series.

Further, Ignis made clear in the prior chapter, he only attacked the human caravan because they attacked him first.

While he seems like the type to delight in the suffering of others, he doesn't seem like the type to go out of his way to cause it. He also specified he only cared about killing the MC because of the possibility of him killing the Demon King, not out of some wanton want for murder and destruction. The author was laying the ground work to demonstrate Ignis was, in spite of appearances, a relatively reasonable demon. He also noted that the chances of the main character becoming a danger was low as it stood.

This moment felt less like it was intended to be a climactic showdown, but rather a world building moment to make us go, 'okay, Demons have their own code, probably more to them and their war with the human kingdom'.

Its relatively cliche, sure, but I feel it was overall done well. There was adequate set up and pay off in my opinion, and I'd have a lesser opinion if somehow our main character developed an ability that let them overcome this situation via combat.
Yeah I don't get the anger, this chapter and the previous one are actually good worldbuilding in my book. Way better than the typical 'every fight must be to the death / involve subterfuge to escape'.

Dex-chan lover
I have to agree with what some says, I know the story isn't super deep, but Ignis is pretty well done, he's not generic evil kill all humans without any thought, hell he's not even attempt at blue and orange morality, his way of thinking is pretty relatable and humanlike, as typical demon he sees humans as inferior and foolish, but at the same time they can impress and amuse him, probably because demons live for a long time and he watched a lot of the mess humans make in the long run.

He's basically reasonable enough that since Sora is amusing and  maybe for once different from most humans, he saw it worth spare him as long as Sora keeps his word, but he's not dumb to just go by Sora word and cursed him just to be sure.
It's also important to point out that this is Ignis only, other demons might not be as reasonable.

All in all, the author gave Ignis enough dialogue so he has enough depth that this result isn't typical bullshit talk no jutsu, so instead of outright forced it just few surprising but not outright impossible.
I honestly expected a dumpster fire instead, so at least I'm happy with this instead of being overly critical like some people :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
So this confirms the KING FKING LIED. There's LITERALLY NOTHING SAYING THE DEMON KING'S STONE CAN RETURN THEM

Tho ngl mc is crazy, it was kinda weak how he begged for his life but at the same time amazing that he did that including saving other and trying to save his classmates

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

A demon that can be reasoned?
Either they just another normal race like elf dwarf or beastman or the king/story/legend got hidden agenda beneath them...
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
Did He said, "Physically"?

😁😁😁😁
Now that is a important detail

People who read the light novel, do we have any information about the demon king?
Is the demon king a girl?
We all know where I'm getting with this
The curse is for Sora to not physically hurt the demon king
But what if he tries to waifu the demon king?
The curse says nothing about physically pleasuring the demon king :finnawoke:
Maybe Sora will save the world by making love not war :meguu:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo seems like next chapter the assassin will turn otu to be a woman... i am still sure about it

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... that was forced as fuck...
writer wrote himself into a corner and bullshitted his way out of it...
Nah there's a reason for this, i'll put it into a spoiler if your interested.

The demons are not the bad guys here, the kingdom is, most of the other nations, human or otherwise are allied with the demons, the kingdom that summoned them is on a expansionist crusade to expand it's territory, basically the king is trying to turn his kingdom into a empire starting with the demon kingdom, ignis didn't want to kill anyone but will defend his homeland, when the mc said he didn't want to fight he saw it as a oppertunity to both get rid of a potential enemy to his king without having to actually harm him, in story the demons are the defenders on this and only really want to be left alone.

Dex-chan lover
The author tried so hard to write a story of negotiable demon that he screwed up most of the structures. No amounts of plot hole can help him in this.
What for? Because you have an archetype in your mind about how all demons in all fantasy worlds should be, and any deviation is a plot hole?.

A) The demon already said that he only retaliated when he was attacked.
B) The demon clearly arrived to where the MC is only because he was curious to see what the commotion was.
C) He did display disdain for the mind controlling mask, something that shows he has a certain kind of moral code.
D)Most if not all of the info we got on demons in this world, have been spread by the King, his people and their ancestors. AKA people that abduct children from other worlds in order to fight for them, or force other children wear mind control masks to use as their private scouts/assassins. And who obviously have some kind of secret because they don't wish to have the fact that they summoned "heroes" known to other countries, even if that means ordering the MC's assassination. So all in all not the most unbiased source of information.

Users who are viewing this thread