Kuni ni Saikyou no Barrier wo Hattara Heiwa ni Narisugite Tsuihou Saremashita. Sono Barrier, Eizoku Janai yo? - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
this manga is dogshit lmao, 0/10
time to read it ironically cuz im a sucker for garbage

Dex-chan lover
spoilers please

this is just off my head, its been ages

So basically, this dude's barrier is OP as fuck, as you can see that dragon (one of the strongest) couldn't even break it
that barrier can block many things AND can heal etc

as you expected, he got exiled from his country, thinking they didn't need him anymore since the barrier was up already but that barrier soon expired
King of course knew this and didn't even approve of exiling hIm (in fact, he was kept in the dark, so he was asking two culprits unaware they were at fault to look into it), while the kingdom reached doom. (King did find out and punish those two, and at that point, it was too late to ask MC to return cuz those culprits tried many methods to get him back (making him a slave etc), but none of those worked cuz of his barrier protected him)

Meanwhile, other kingdoms who heard of this and heard MC is at the xxx city, all reach out to him "Hey man can you put up a barrier for our kingdom, in return we will give you a reward"
he accepted those rewards and did 2 kingdoms, and one of them offered the land, just barely functioning, but he accepted it anyway and with his barrier protected his land, etc, and res demon all that.

basically, to the end of the latest chapter that is on NovelUpdate, his barrier is OP af, can reflect magic and physical, can heal someone
He is so confident that he can win with just a barrier and he isn't wrong on that.

Dex-chan lover
am i just that genius for being able to identify what being copied and from where, or this is just simply creatively bankrupt. . . :ROFLMAO:

Dex-chan lover
We've gotten to the point we're having a dragon waifu is cliche', and I'm totally cool with that. :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Who would've thought that the dragon turns into a loli and the MC is okay even if the dragon is targeting him.

Dex-chan lover
Normally I’d like a series like this. But it’s just so common and obvious which doesn’t make it too good. I’ll still read this tho

Dex-chan lover
Please stop putting your site's watermark everywhere. There is a reason credits pages are allowed. Please put it there and nowhere else. It looks very scummy, and is quite distracting seeing it constantly.

Dex-chan lover
The funniest thing about reading people's comments complaining about a Dragon Loli is that you can sometimes also find comments in other manga where the Dragon turned out to be something else, of people wishing it was a Loli instead.

It's like the comments you sometimes see in a harem manga where people complain about the harem aspect, while sometimes you can find comments in a non-harem romcom manga with different girls, of people wishing it was one instead.

Funny how things work.
I've seen this exact thing, so this made me laugh a bit. In my view, dragons becoming tiny humanoids is funny in the way a lalafel tank is funny. It's a subversion. But I'm not sure it always makes for the best storytelling. A powerful dragon being an adult woman just feels a bit more of a serious character design, and I only remember the one story that did that while treating the character more maturely.
Another one of these… its like there is a “manga for dummies“ and authors come out with this kind of manga.
There probably is a guide/checklist. Like how Hallmark movies used to be the exact same story over and over again. Or how modern pop music always feels "same-y".

It's popular, appeals well, and the producers want safe money like that instead of taking risks. Ultimately, it only serves to degrade the fantasy/isekai genre as a medium.

Proof of this is how people give isekai a pass for writing that no other genre gets a pass for.

Users who are viewing this thread