Berserk - Ch. 376 - Sea's quivering surface and calamitous war's shadow

Dex-chan lover
?
I’m talking about the story itself.
What I mean is that chances are, the story is only incoherent because the translation is off. Story probably makes more sense with the original Japanese speech bubbles, or with an official/better translator.

Fed-Kun's army
I think Mori and friends should take this much time and even more if needed, since he wanted to do it as faitful as possible to what Miura left behind to him

Dex-chan lover
Oh crap another one of those "war arcs", the blandest way to finish a battle manga. I hope Miura left enough to at least have some interesting things in the end.

Dex-chan lover
What I mean is that chances are, the story is only incoherent because the translation is off. Story probably makes more sense with the original Japanese speech bubbles, or with an official/better translator.
No, I understand what’s being said. It’s just that what was originally written is stupid.

The story has made less and less since The Eclipse.
I’ve been reading it out of morbid curiosity (having given up on it being good again) since it became ”The Dungeons and Dragons Cartoon Series: Edgelord Edition.”
A fighter, cleric, rogue, wizard, ACROBAT. Then they go of on an adventure to find the secret to cure the princess and defeat the BBEG.
Now she’s even A Damsel in Distress. Captured via an M Night Shamalan twist by a walking Oedipus complex.

Remember when this was about revenge, sacrifice, monkey’s paw deals, fate and shit? As opposed to… Record of Lodoss War.

The Chapter is a masterclass!

But I think I speak on behalf of everyone to say that wait for a chapter + 6 months if I can provide a drawing style close to that of Miura certainly but in this chapter in this case there is no crazy boards you shouldn't overdo it anyway I prefer wide that the quality drops a little see that it's close to the style of another author like murata that wait that long to not even savor the chap + 3 min at this lvl the we won't have the end of berserk in 50 years 😣🥲

I don't know how it's going at now at their studio but guys you have to communicate if you're looking for staff to help you go faster because we're going to have to wait another 6 month for 15 unfortunate pages or it's just talking.... 😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
Miura would NEVERRRRR have tossed in several assets of the Hagia Sophia for Kushan. That's not era OR geographically accurate, Kushan is a pre-islamic south Asian kingdom for one and the Hagia Sophia is NOT A PALACE for two.

And also WTF is going with Puck's characterization? Look at the black swordsman arc and then this. That's not the same character. And in fact, he's not even the same as chestnut puck because this puck just doesn't give a fuck about anything??? That's the opposite of what Puck is like.

Puck was a deformed meme chestnut for damn near 20 years before Miura died so it's hard to know what his characterization is supposed to be.

It probably feels weird because he's being drawn "normal", which again didn't happen for years but he didn't seem to take much seriously.

Dex-chan lover
Why was Puck so hesistant to talk to Rickert? That quite surprised me. Usually he's very talkactive and Rickert's a friend. Or do I miss something here?

Also great Chapter. Still can't believe people are so harsh about the series since Mori took over. Remember, no one can replace Miura but we get like the next best thing possible.

Dex-chan lover
Miura would NEVERRRRR have tossed in several assets of the Hagia Sophia for Kushan. That's not era OR geographically accurate, Kushan is a pre-islamic south Asian kingdom for one and the Hagia Sophia is NOT A PALACE for two.

And also WTF is going with Puck's characterization? Look at the black swordsman arc and then this. That's not the same character. And in fact, he's not even the same as chestnut puck because this puck just doesn't give a fuck about anything??? That's the opposite of what Puck is like.
Miura’s dead. New chapters will never be Miura’s Berserk ever again and most of us have made peace with that fact. So either you accept that Berserk is over and stop following the series, or try to enjoy this fanfic with an open mind like the rest of us.

Double-page supporter
The Kushan wanting to go to war with Griffith makes no sense. They've already fought him once, a couple months ago at most, and it was an incredibly one sided fight. Now Griffith is stronger than ever while the Kushan are weaker than ever, not to mention that they know Griffith is an Omni potent god that they have no chance of beating.
A huge time skip happened since the magic island time is much slower then normal so it's been 12 or more years now.

Dex-chan lover
Why was Puck so hesistant to talk to Rickert? That quite surprised me. Usually he's very talkactive and Rickert's a friend. Or do I miss something here?

Also great Chapter. Still can't believe people are so harsh about the series since Mori took over. Remember, no one can replace Miura but we get like the next best thing possible.
I thought the implication was that he just forgot who Rickert was. Comes off way more serious than I think its meant to be.
jfa06x.png

Dex-chan lover
Oh man it is such a pity the elf island arc and boat were so long, because this new arc is shaping out great, i really hope they can keep up the quality

Double-page supporter
Still no improvements on the art even after all these months? Wow, sucks to see how far a legend has fallen.

EDIT: Looks like we're going to war huh.....oh brother. Prolly gonna take another 20 chapters before either side puts a foot on the battlefield.
EDIT 2: Also, they have like 0 chance of defeating or even inflicting any sort of major wounds on Griffith's army. I also just can't see how Guts could ever defeat Griffith besides via an asspull involving the moonchild.
tried way too hard for this bait, man.

Double-page supporter
Studio Gaga has improved A LOT with the artstyle. Couple of chapters more and they could get close to the quality of shading that Miura did with his work. Also the plot took a solid couple of steps forward. Can't wait for the next chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
God the art is gorgeous they truly have improved, also what an amazing chapter i actually kinda like where this is heading i doubt they're going to drag out the "battle". Let them cook

also thank you for the translation

Dex-chan lover
I thought the implication was that he just forgot who Rickert was. Comes off way more serious than I think its meant to be.
jfa06x.png
I see. What let me think it was serious, was Puck's normal form. Usually he's always chestnut Puck nowadays so that threw me off.

Double-page supporter
jfa06x.png

Maybe Mori's team forgot they knew each other when writing/drawing the last chapter and this was a quick cover

Dex-chan lover
I think this at least Koji Mori knows! Probably he doesn't know how all the development to get there but the battle and the outcome he and the crew got to know from Miura himself!
I remember once people talking about Miura promising Guts would have a happy ending.

While I can’t personally find anything on it, nor do I really want dig deeper, I like to hope he intended that, considering the island was supposedly the halfway point of Berserk.

Users who are viewing this thread