Kenseijo Adel no Yarinaoshi - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
I've some concerns with the abrupt setup and lead-in.

It's par for the course for JP media to crash the plane in the first chapter as hard and fast as they can to set up a hook. But it also is a bad sign for worldbuilding and story development. And I don't see the "adaptation" tag to preview the WN/LN to see if it had any sort of editorial review, or if it is an original work they're making a ground-trope-sausage out of.

Publisher should instead take a few chapters (1-5), draw out a coherent introduction, then publish them at once. At least then that provides opportunity for the author to do some meaningful development. And serves as new work promotion material.

For example I'd like seeing artistic chapters depicting his despair in captivity, background a bit, lead-up of events -- and slowly show how princess saved him (figuratively). Perhaps 1-1.5 chapters showing their actions together immediately with her. Not just "knocks the doors down and I can hear her voice trembling". Maybe even show how his sudden disability of blindness affected a sighted individual.

Focus on T&A in first chapter isn't helping though. And that's spoken as a guy who enjoys glorious PLOT.

Dex-chan lover
Another time traveling fantasy of a powerful knight becoming a female in his second chance at life. Funny enough is the author has another series with a similar premise called Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire ♀ which also had an anime adaption from a year ago. Following this to see if it will be any different since Adel isn't a battle junkie compared to Inglis. Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Another time traveling fantasy of a powerful knight becoming a female in his second chance at life. Funny enough is the author has another series with a similar premise called Reborn to Master the Blade: From Hero-King to Extraordinary Squire ♀ which also had an anime adaption from a year ago. Following this to see if it will be any different since Adel isn't a battle junkie compared to Inglis. Thanks for the translation.
no wonder why this one feels familiar to me

Supporter
Willing to take a gamble with it being done by Toru.

Though page 1 should be "your kind words."

Dex-chan lover
How did she adapt to having eyes so quickly lol wasnt she blind

Edit: nvm the mc wasnt born blind

Last edited:
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Its really fun when after reading a volume of the light novel having a manga apears the very next day.

Dex-chan lover
What I wonder is only whether mc became a girl in time travel, if he was a girl before time travel in this time line, or if he possessed a third party girl after time travel and original man still lives.

Double-page supporter
Good start and hopefully it won't suffer the dreaded hiatus, cancelation.

Users who are viewing this thread