Hope You're Happy, Lemon - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
...well, I thought the chapter was pretty funny. Sunao asking if Lemon was planning to kill him, and that cute part where Lemon can't even enjoy her nuggets. They sure do belong together.

It becomes Overthinking: The Manga later on, but... it's not anything new by this point lol
I'm honestly surprised by the negativity. Lemon took action, Sunao noticed she was nervous and tried to make her more comfortable, Suzuka is perceptive and thinking ahead, Raika just wants to help Lemon and has been shown in this chapter to not even be jealous, just wants to be her friend.

It's a complicated and awkward situation that's being portrayed as such. People are attentive to each other and at least trying to communicate. I don't know what you want out of a romcom drama other than consistent characters and continual characterization.
Speaking of which, his and the stalker girls conclusion after their conversation doesn't make any fucking sense. What a mass.
No? Here, let me explain.
Stalker Girl just wants Lemon to be happy. She's strange and leaps to conclusions, which is why she tried to make Sunao fall in love with her so he would stop using the body swap magic she thought he had. So, when she learns that Lemon is gonna confess, she's initially happy, but when she's told that if she does it now it won't work, she instantly wants to intervene, because she doesn't want Lemon to be upset. Friendguy is spurred out of his overthinking by stalker girl's straightforward motivation, because it cuts through the mist and makes a clear choice possible. He was conflicted about what the best thing to do was, because if you're watching someone try and do something that you know is a bad idea but they really want to do, it can be difficult to figure out what the right track is.

Dex-chan lover
Stalker Girl just wants Lemon to be happy. She's strange and leaps to conclusions, which is why she tried to make Sunao fall in love with her so he would stop using the body swap magic she thought he had. So, when she learns that Lemon is gonna confess, she's initially happy, but when she's told that if she does it now it won't work, she instantly wants to intervene, because she doesn't want Lemon to be upset. Friendguy is spurred out of his overthinking by stalker girl's straightforward motivation, because it cuts through the mist and makes a clear choice possible. He was conflicted about what the best thing to do was, because if you're watching someone try and do something that you know is a bad idea but they really want to do, it can be difficult to figure out what the right track is.
No, Suzuka had the right idea at first. Its none of their business. He got gaslighted by the stalker in the end. What they think is a "bad idea" bears absolutely no weight when it comes to something personal like romance. If lemon gonna get shot down (and she will be) that is Lemon's business. Just because you think someone will be sad shooting their shot doesn't give you the right to interfere and might actually be bad for your own relationship with the said person on the long run. What they think means nothing.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I wasn't expecting anything and still was slightly annoyed. With what kind of manga this is (misunderstanding manga) it is like 30 chapters too early for the main misunderstanding to be settled.

Supporter
woah buddy ur using too much logic, we dont do that around here..Besides, it looks like the mc himself kinda forgot about that already, from how nicely hes treating her on every encounter
To be fair, he kinda has to play nice until everything's fixed because she's literally in charge of half his life.

Aggregator gang
whoaa confused romance mc/sunao still dense im thinking he still had love to lemon but still confused and no real answer until they're going to univ. and it will be confused again if natsumi spawn in there too @@ but yea fastering problems solved too

Uh... so glasses doesn't want to interrupt lemon because it's her own decision but changed his mind because stalker talk no jutsu'd him? is glasses having hesitations because he has feelings for lemon(?) and secretly wants lemon to fail at her confession?

Dex-chan lover
Lemon is actually insane thinking an ex would accept you again in any shape or form while they think you cheated on them with 3 dudes. She doesn't even THINK about it. I so wish Sunao would tell Suzuka what happened in the past since he has an actual working brain and can actually tell off Lemon.

Speaking of which, his and the stalker girls conclusion after their conversation doesn't make any fucking sense. What a mass.
She doesn't think about it.... because the author isn't thinking about it.....

But to her, she thinks that even if she gets rejected, she could at least get closure.... which she can't....

Cause they are literally stuck together.....

And the conclusion made sense cause the MC realized she was just a dumbass....
Just let them talk. Why is there always the girl character that’s obsessed with the Fl. They’re always the most obnoxious characters because they cockblock at every opportunity.

Just let her confess or explain the misunderstanding so we can get to the next arc of a romance: the catching feelings part
To be fair, the girl is right in this case.

The issue isn't if she gets rejected, but the weirdness they would be stuck with because the 2 of them can't separate....

Like, this is really stupid circumstance to confess....

Everyday I live, I thank god for making "Hope You're Happy, Lemon"... also, I don't believe in god.
This manga is such a rollercoaster of emotions, that I think I'm going to die cuz of brain damage 💀💀💀
Wrong, this proves God exists..... because if the devil exists, God has to exist....

And this series is proof the devil is real.....

Take that atheists....

It's worse than that. She seemingly doesn't understand, or hasn't realized, that her lie still affects Sunao and is 100% going to ruin her chances with him (ignoring his existing crush). How can someone not consider how their insane lies affected their former partner.

Lemon would be the worst character in this manga if it wasn't for the recent introduction of Raika here, but at the rate things are going Raika might redeem herself before Lemon, if the latter is ever redeemed.
The issue is that it actually isn't affecting him.... it's like it never happened....

I think even the author actually forgot about it......

This author is not bad at a silly stupid romcom.... but he's utter crap at drama..... and he should never have added it....

This series has the flaw that it both takes itself too seriously and yet not even close to serious enough at the same exact time....

And there is way too much drama that exists but the author seems to have forgotten....

Group Leader
The issue is that it actually isn't affecting him.... it's like it never happened....

I think even the author actually forgot about it......
I agree the author has seemingly forgot about it just like Lemon did, but it absolutely still affects Sunao as he never got closure on it. Whenever we saw him think back on that episode of his life it still haunted him. It's just that he hasn't had much time to think about it now with all the insane misunderstandings this manga created, plus he's not romantically interested in Lemon anymore (real talk: even if Lemon hadn't done what she did she'd still be the worst character in this manga lmao)

Guaranteed if Lemon actually confessed it would bring back all that past trauma, assuming this author didn't get amnesia.

Of course we all know that's not gonna happen because Raika and Suzuka are now going to become cockblocking duo and we're never going to know why Lemon truly lied until the end (yes I know she's hinted at it but there's clearly more to explore there).

I'm really just hate reading this, aren't I? Fuck it, too late to turn back now.

Dex-chan lover
Uh... so glasses doesn't want to interrupt lemon because it's her own decision but changed his mind because stalker talk no jutsu'd him? is glasses having hesitations because he has feelings for lemon(?) and secretly wants lemon to fail at her confession?
Pretty much yeah. Its not exactly clear but he was keep second guessing himself in his mind during their first talk at the restourant. But regardless of how beneficial her getting rejected would be for him, he still don't have any right to interfere. These two thoughts were conflicting in his mind and stalker just gaslighted him to abandon the correct approach (leave it alone. It has nothing to do with you).

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, he kinda has to play nice until everything's fixed because she's literally in charge of half his life.
And he is hers. And it looks like she has more at stake than he is (the germany bit). It is cold war. Noone can fuck the otherside over without screwing themselfs in the process so there is no need to play nice on top of that. Author just abandoned the initial state of his mind in ch.1.

Fed-Kun's army
can someone explain whats going on? im so confused, i thought she was going to tell Sunao that she never cheated on him.

Aggregator gang
Average romance fan: waahhh too many misunderstandings, the author is a huge cockblock, Lemon doesn't deserve Sunao after what she did

Average genderbender enjoyer: why the fuck isn't she confessing on a bodyswap day
To be fair, you could almost forget that this is a genderbender manga there last few chapters.

The whole bodyswap thing has been severely under utilised.

Dex-chan lover
I agree the author has seemingly forgot about it just like Lemon did, but it absolutely still affects Sunao as he never got closure on it. Whenever we saw him think back on that episode of his life it still haunted him. It's just that he hasn't had much time to think about it now with all the insane misunderstandings this manga created, plus he's not romantically interested in Lemon anymore (real talk: even if Lemon hadn't done what she did she'd still be the worst character in this manga lmao)

Guaranteed if Lemon actually confessed it would bring back all that past trauma, assuming this author didn't get amnesia.

Of course we all know that's not gonna happen because Raika and Suzuka are now going to become cockblocking duo and we're never going to know why Lemon truly lied until the end (yes I know she's hinted at it but there's clearly more to explore there).

I'm really just hate reading this, aren't I? Fuck it, too late to turn back now.
It doesn't help that this is a weekly series.

Like, if I had to binge read this, I probably would be able to drop it... but because it's only one chapter at a time, I can still follow it...

And you are a bit wrong, it's not that it's affecting him, but that it SHOULD BE affecting him.

He's still a fictional character... so what SHOULD happen won't always happen....

Users who are viewing this thread