Suterare Seijo no Isekai Gohantabi - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.1

Dex-chan lover
If you're living a more active life than you used to, you have to eat more calories.

I prefer a sour drink, like red wine or orange juice, over sour vegetables when paired with meat.

Pretty sure that's not a Japanese sea bass.

I would like to play old maid with that girl.

Sure, vegetables can feel unsatisfying, but that's why you can eat a lot of them, and eat them with other more filling foods. Like meat. And it depends on what you classify potatoes as, since "they aren't like other vegetables."

Using cheese to show that vegetables are tasty is cheating. It's like saying, "this bread is tasty," and throwing on some freshly sizzled bacon. Also, I've actually tried cheese on tomato like that. Not too fond of it. It detracts from the cheese.

If you really want a lot of vitamin C, go for berries. Especially strawberries and blackcurrants, but many other berries work too.

Now she's asking the real question.

Couldn’t they have chosen another type of fish? It feels odd to see Japanese Sea Bass in another world…
I mean, logically it's just the name she recognises it by, but yeah, sounds weird.

That munching face is just noice aye.
Eating food looks better than the food in this manga.

Tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables
That's a false equivalence. Fruit is a scientific and botanical term, while vegetable is a culinary and legal term. It's like saying someone isn't 180 cm tall, they're 5'11".

Dex-chan lover
That's a false equivalence. Fruit is a scientific and botanical term, while vegetable is a culinary and legal term. It's like saying someone isn't 180 cm tall, they're 5'11".
Tell that to the US Department of Agriculture aka USDA. The nutritional guides clearly separate fruits and vegetables

Dex-chan lover
Tell that to the US Department of Agriculture aka USDA. The nutritional guides clearly separate fruits and vegetables
From their website: "A number of foods that are considered fruits by botanists are part of the Vegetable Group. For example, tomatoes...." So if that's the definition you used, you're just plain wrong. Tomatoes are vegetables according to USDA classifications.

My point was that the phrase you stated, "Tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables," mixes terms from different fields of classifications if you assume the first part to be true, which is why it's a false equivalence. If the first part is false, however, you're using culinary terms, because according to those tomatoes are vegetables, not fruits.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually fine to eat cooked vegetables more then fresh- cooking makes some nutrients more available. And eating cooked vegetables fried in oil is better then none Vegetables.

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else notice the error the author made? It's on the 11th page (page 9 when not counting the 2 group pages at the start). The tomato is being sliced vertically but the cross-section of the slices are if they were cut horizontally. Oops.

Dex-chan lover
Ah eggplant... sorry, but for me, Kid Icarus set you up to be hated

Dex-chan lover
I despise tomato if it still retains it's texture. Ketchup, tomato sauce, or tomato paste is okay but slices are not. Burn in hell, tomato! :pepehmm:

Users who are viewing this thread