Otoyomegatari - Ch. 108 - Home

Dex-chan lover
Biryani isn't fried rice
Biriyani is more like a paella, which is like a pilau, which some call a pilaf, although I usually use leftover cooked basmati rice in a pilau making it more like fried rice...

Woo, rice!

Fed-Kun's army
Every time this series has an update I read the chapter n go like Damn I should reread this. Thanks 4 the translations <333

It's really sweet Henry suggested keeping sheep. Part of Talas' daily life was being a shepherd and tending to them, she has a great affinity for animals. The first time we see her hair down was when she was surrounded by her sheep flock.

I think sheep in the UK are woolier and roundish. I really don't want to spoil myself but I'm excited to see her reaction to them!

Biriyani is more like a paella, which is like a pilau, which some call a pilaf, although I usually use leftover cooked basmati rice in a pilau making it more like fried rice...

Woo, rice!
The closest thing I can say that biryani resembles is maybe a lasagna, though there are other Arab and Persian dishes that are close to biryani but they're even more unknown to a Western audience. Pulao is more closer to paella because both of them are cooked in broth and people love the burnt bits on the bottom. Traditional biryani is par-cooked rice mixed with masala (curry, but it's thicker and grainer to give texture), assembled in layers and mixed when serving

Dex-chan lover
jhwMHVr.png

That faint blushing... my stone cold heart can't take it, please stop... :cry:

Dex-chan lover
The closest thing I can say that biryani resembles is maybe a lasagna, though there are other Arab and Persian dishes that are close to biryani but they're even more unknown to a Western audience. Pulao is more closer to paella because both of them are cooked in broth and people love the burnt bits on the bottom. Traditional biryani is par-cooked rice mixed with masala (curry, but it's thicker and grainer to give texture), assembled in layers and mixed when serving
It's all rice cooked in broth with spices and aromatics, basically.

Dex-chan lover
No one talking about how good Hawkings is. I mean, that house is pure luxury, and he's giving it to them without a fuss.
Also, Talas is mega wife material. Marry that woman and have children with her, Mr. Smith.

tfw I'll never have a steppe waifu and have a quiet old big enough home to still facilitate her old lifestyle

Compared to "unrealistic" modern romcoms, this is what actually make me goslinged hard, bros.

Dex-chan lover
Biryani rice is not cooked in broth, it's boiled rice mixed with a curry
I could be super reductive and call curry a kind of spiced broth, but I think I've stretched definitions enough in this thread.

Poor woman, leaves her country and has to endure the food of Britain. A fate worse than death.

Users who are viewing this thread