A Senpai and A Kouhai Who Are Not Dating - Ch. 18 - I... In any case, I need to meet Senpai now!!

Dex-chan lover
In what way? It seems like english to me...
I'm guessing English is your second language too. Who says "I haven't seen Senpai lately" in this situation? It makes it sound like he's the one that's been missing, she just noticed, and she's just realizing that he's about to tell her why.

Group Leader
I'm guessing English is your second language too. Who says "I haven't seen Senpai lately" in this situation? It makes it sound like he's the one that's been missing, she just noticed, and she's just realizing that he's about to tell her why.
clearly you're incapable of reading. she hasn't seen senpai in a while, as per chapter 16, which you would have noticed if you took the time to read instead of complaining about a translator not doing a good job. maybe if you think you can do better you should join to help out, but I can understand if you'd rather complain about problems only you have in a comments section instead of actually doing something about it. oh, and for the record, english is my first language, and im smart enough to read the chapters, hence why that line is what it is.

Dex-chan lover
clearly you're incapable of reading. she hasn't seen senpai in a while, as per chapter 16,
No, she hasn't been seeing Senpai lately. As in, she hasn't made the effort to see him. To say that "she hasn't seen Senpai" is a passive statement that implies that the reason for that is something is something that's out of her control and/or knowledge.
maybe if you think you can do better you should join to help out, but I can understand if you'd rather complain about problems only you have in a comments section instead of actually doing something about it. oh, and for the record, english is my first language,
Everyone complains when I do that. I'd rather nag the TL directly. It's weird she didn't tell me about this chapter, though. If you make big mistakes without correcting them, I'll consider taking it over myself. ;)

Dex-chan lover
To say that "she hasn't seen Senpai" is a passive statement that implies that the reason for that is something is something that's out of her control and/or knowledge.

That’s just not true. That pattern is often used that way, but not exclusively. Try “Yeah, I’m so lazy, I haven’t been to the gym lately,” or “I haven’t seen Tom lately; I really feel like a bad friend for not calling him.”

“Haven’t been seeing” is using the other sense of “see”, as in to “be seeing someone”, meeting with socially (or dating). But remember; They are mada tsukiatteinai.
Are you from the UK? That strikes me as more British than American usage, but I’m West Coast dialect so, like, I dunno man

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That’s just not true. That pattern is often used that way, but not exclusively. Try “Yeah, I’m so lazy, I haven’t been to the gym lately,” or “I haven’t seen Tom lately; I really feel like a bad friend for not calling him.”

“Haven’t been seeing” is using the other sense of “see”, as in to “be seeing someone”, meeting with socially (or dating). But remember; They are mada tsukiatteinai.
Are you from the UK? That strikes me as more British than American usage, but I’m West Coast dialect so, like, I dunno man
I suspect you're just breezier with your language than most people: A real case of "Aaah, you get what I mean."

Users who are viewing this thread