Doutei Yuusha no Harem Maou Toubatsuki - Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
I'll give this three more chapters, but I'm not very hopeful TBH.

Dex-chan lover
The monsters are really drawn well! Looking at the shading and depth on the imps, I'd say the artist has put effort on illustrating the monsters rather than the human characters. Like, have you seen the king? 😆
451497.jpg

Double-page supporter
I was getting ready to immediately dislike the MC-kun, but surprisingly I'm ok with him so far. The 1st heroine is pretty funny so I look forward to more.

But anytime a manga starts randomly into the future, and then backtracks to present, I'm reminded of the purge episode of Rick and Morty.

Dex-chan lover
Desperate, yet hopelessly inept and unlucky at making it happen. I like how her interest isn't exactly romantic, but political.
Could lend itself to nice light-hearted comedy, but I'm not so sure it's headed that way.
Yeah, if the other girls' motivations for coming on the MC/hero are the same, unless their feelings change during their journey, there's like no reason to cheer for any of the girls from winning him over aside from appearance and maybe personality.

Normally, I wouldn't be sure about following a story with no romance progression, but seeing how the girls with impure motives here are failing that hard, it's kind of refreshing enough to continue. This is one of the few times I hope MC remains pure until he finds a woman whose feelings for him are legitimate ... and please, for the love of god, not a tsundere.

Dex-chan lover
I hope he never realizes these women are trying to seduce him. I hope he thinks of them all as his truest friends who had no ulterior motives to help him.

Dex-chan lover
So, so far they killed two wild animals just chilling in the bushes and beat the fuck out of a sentient lizardman just because he approached them and asked for a bite of fish. Are we sure this guy is the hero?

Dex-chan lover
So, so far they killed two wild animals just chilling in the bushes and beat the fuck out of a sentient lizardman just because he approached them and asked for a bite of fish. Are we sure this guy is the hero?
I don't believe you've played an rpg before

Also I'm surprised that people hate the Hero. He's solidly likable, a nice kid having the weight of the world placed on his shoulders and doing his best to live up to expectations. So far stuff's fallen apart because she fell asleep and they got interrupted, both times he responded with respect, admiration, and appreciation for her effort and company.
Do you guys, like... read romcoms like they're h-mangas or what? You're gonna be disappointed constantly if you're doing that

Dex-chan lover
Techinically it was that violent elf that did it...

Dex-chan lover
He's totally a chick, right? Am I getting that wrong?
Anyways...
He's either a girl or he's gay. The set up for this being a harem manga is so obvious that in my mind the intended subversion must be one of those two.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
He's either a girl or he's gay. The set up for this being a harem manga is so obvious that in my mind the intended subversion must one of those two.
subvert the subversion. She's a girl, but... turns out she's gay!
makes too much sense

Dex-chan lover
It would be amusing if the guy is simply homosexual.
That would get boring quick. Because the entire thing would be "look at this dude pulling all these chicks but he's gay so he's not interested"

It's no different than complaining about a dense MC and the horny women around him trying to start something but he's too stupid to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread