The Dangers in My Heart - Vol. 11 Ch. 144 - We Told A Lie

Dex-chan lover
It's what he says in the chapter

"Even if we dodge this, it'll just keep coming up, in that case..."

Nothing's stopping him from telling Kanna to leave them alone. But getting it over with and having Yamada reject him stops it from happening again.
Don't bother! This guy won't stop. Either it's a troll or mentally defunct in simple analysis.

Dex-chan lover
1715044668216782.jpg

Femboy Ichikawa is happening. :LOL::win:

Loved how Kyo was using hand signs and later Anna was running after him.

ps: bet Kobayashi and her 2 brain cells were super confused. :worry:

Seriously, the kiss was worth all the smoke and mirrors those two had to play to stop Kankan, her suspicious and potential gossip around Yamada.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yamada doesn't want to put herself first. That's why ichikawa has to push her to do so every time. I fully believe she'll be there for ichi when he actually needs her to.
A bit of her arc is that she lacks self awareness and is selfish to a degree. Both of these things are stuff that you learn to deal with during adolescence. That being said she struggles with putting others first. She has tried it before with the audition and the school trip and understandably couldn't commit and broke down when push came to shove. Ichikawa just doesn't want her to compromise her happiness for him because he's put her on a bit of a pedestal and would not want her to be sad because of something that she did for him. All of these things leave room for growth.

Also... can someone walk me through page 11? She is, once again, deep down she still has that selfish impulse and his retort is that this is what he loves about her. Why?
  • is it because this fallability is something human and her sharing this with him is strenghtening their bond?
  • is it because he understands that while this is something she should work on, her distressed current state is not the best time to bring this up since now is the time for reassurance?
  • is it because he thinks that putting yourself first in that situation is the absolute right thing to do and her getting that shows that they both are at the same wavelength in regards to this?
  • Is it because he admires her maturity in looking at what's best for her in the future and not right now? As in, sure coming clean now would be great but what is the fallout for her career and stuff?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The thing is, why would you allow your child to enter such a cancerous profession? Like, often people who enter these industries have very predatory parents.

Also... can someone walk me through page 11? She is, once again, deep down she still has that selfish impulse and his retort is that this is what he loves about her. Why?
You admire the thing in others that you lack yourself. That's why this isn't growth, it's just an expression of his character and his undervaluing of himself. He's fine being in the shadows because he puts Yamada on too much of a pedestal. Looks based attractions are shallow.

I don't know why but for some reason I didn't like that Ichikawa had to make himself look bad to protect Anna.

It's a cute ending and all but Yamada's career forcing them to do this isn't healthy . I dunno man. I actually didn't like this chapter .

I do blame Mask girl for this though.

Supporter
lots of himejoshis i follow on twitter love bokuyaba saying its yuri, and i wasn't completely sold on that argument despite being a himejoshi myself and liking the series, but i have to admit this was yuri as hell

editing in my stance since the class is confused:

ok, so there are three points in my argument, starting off broad and vague then going to specific

1) where a lot of straight romantic comedy and drama works are defined by a progression of courtship, a majority of yuri works are more interested in the exploration of relationships that already exist, whether it be a steady couple, a pair engaged in physical intemacy despite not being official, or long term friends that can more closely share the same space than traditional boy and girl friendship would be able to allow. of course a lot of romcoms stick around after the main pair confesses (ie bokuyaba) so this is why this is a broad condition

2) yuri works consistently focus on how social forces constrain or set norms for couples. the relationship has to be negotiated to fit into a wider world because it is deemed different or bad. bokuyaba shares this as anna and kyou are right now working around how anna has to fit as a "pure actress," without scandal

3) lipstick is a traditionally feminine object. the lipstick is applied to kyoutaro, a feminizing act. the lipstick remains the focus of the scene as the kiss is also framed as a way to apply the lipstick to anna.

q.e.d. regardles of author intent, at this moment bokuyaba falls under the framing, context and content of a yuri work
With this expansion of the thought, it might not be entirely wrong. It's always important to read this series keeping in mind that Norio-sensei's self-insert is, in fact, Ichikawa.

Supporter
or he could, you know, just not grab the bouquet and leave?
these 2 chapters have me like

:question::question::question::question::question:
This is why i thought there had to be a better way. Even if just rejecting the entire premise was the way, though, it probably wouldn't put an end to the dating rumors ("he didn't confess because they're already 'that' way"). But, then, neither does the way they took ("they had to put on an act because she's in entertainment, after all").

The best way to face the situation would probably have been to neither confirm nor deny ("if we enter a relationship we want people to know about, we will say so; until then, we're as close as you see"). That was probably too much to come up with under that kind of pressure, sure, but i tend to think that's gonna wind up being their stance: "we're very close and obviously special to each other but we're not in a public relationship"...except to those who know better. (Which will soon include Adachi, I'm guessing. There's no way he got fooled. Confused, maybe.)

Dex-chan lover
A relationship is give and take. You make concessions for the things the person you love enjoy or wants to do. Ichikawa and Yamada have been doing that for each other for quite some time.

The school trip is a prime example of that. Yamada should have been at home training for the audition but instead she spend 3 of the 4 days there with Ichikawa, when Kyo noticed that he said to Anna that it was okay for her to go and return a day early to participate in the audiction for the role she really wanted.:thumbsup:

Frankly this is one of the reasons why the romance in The Dangers in My Heart is much better fleshed out than in most other romcom series.

Shame that some people here don't seem to understand that even after all this time.

----------------------------------

edit: re-reading the chapter i just noticed that Kyo used the let's go home together signal when calling Anna dummy and she used the I love you signal after "rejecting him". Those two dorks. :bocchiwave:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh my... Anna actually picked him up so easily and bring him into a janitor room. This girl is stronger than her boyfriend. XD

But I love how he kissed her this time. Very rarely does Kyou act assertive.

Dex-chan lover
A bit of her arc is that she lacks self awareness and is selfish to a degree. Both of these things are stuff that you learn to deal with during adolescence. That being said she struggles with putting others first. She has tried it before with the audition and the school trip and understandably couldn't commit and broke down when push came to shove. Ichikawa just doesn't want her to compromise her happiness for him because he's put her on a bit of a pedestal and would not want her to be sad because of something that she did for him. All of these things leave room for growth.

• is it because this fallability is something human and her sharing this with him is strenghtening their bond?
  • is it because he understands that while this is something she should work on, her distressed current state is not the best time to bring this up since now is the time for reassurance?
  • is it because he thinks that putting yourself first in that situation is the absolute right thing to do and her getting that shows that they both are at the same wavelength in regards to this?
  • Is it because he admires her maturity in looking at what's best for her in the future and not right now? As in, sure coming clean now would be great but what is the fallout for her career and stuff?

Thinking of her profession first is the responsible thing to do, at least according to Ichikawa. He admires that she has a goal for herself and would hate it if he caused some sort of trouble.

Last edited:
Though you can see in Chii's face on page 8 that something seems weird to her. She's looking at Kyo for two panels while everyone's going to Anna.
Oh shit she was !? I'm going to have to go back and re read it. This chapter is so amazing and I love the ending. ^^

Fed-Kun's army
Not sure how I feel about this chapter tbh.

I think it’s a masterpiece and very original, but I’m sad it had to go in this direction. Not really fair to Kyotaro or Yamada that she had to publicly reject him on her birthday.

I’m most interested in the follow up and implications as a result of this chapter. My biggest question is … won’t people be extra sus if they seen them hanging out together as normal afterwards? Because it doesn’t really make sense for him to just get over it or for her to just be comfortable with him despite rejecting him………….. so idk not sure they’ve fully thought through the longer term consequences yet here.

Maybe they’ll have to give each other some temporary space publicly to make it seem realistic? I think it’s a clever direction, but it’s also annoying. But I guess, their precious relationship is precious whether or not their classmates are aware.

Users who are viewing this thread