Koudo ni Hattatsu Shita Igaku wa Mahou to Kubetsu ga Tsukanai - Ch. 27 - Forensic medicine: Forensic pathology

Dex-chan lover
Oh no... they got the 'wrong' healing magician, don't they...

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the author intended for a much longer autopsy leading up to the stab wound but ran out of pages. It's full of holes. She was stabbed and bled out somewhere else, just before she died her skin was healed, her body was cleaned and redressed spotlessly, and dragged to bed without anyone noticing. Also I can't follow which side she was stabbed on. The first side examined had no resistance and no blood. They indicated this side was traumatic from the lack of resistance, but the other side had pooled blood which also indicated trauma.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, the last couple of chapters lost me in the weeds and details.
I think I get the gist of what the mangaka was going for, but I wish I could actually understand it. x.x

Also, do most murder mysteries follow this kind of set up?
I've really only read/watched Detective Conan and all I could think of was that this mystery emulated the filler episodes from that anime so well - right down to the plot holes....

Dex-chan lover
I thought this last chapter and confirmed it this chapter. Y'all aren't using "far out" correctly.

I feel like the author intended for a much longer autopsy leading up to the stab wound but ran out of pages. It's full of holes. She was stabbed and bled out somewhere else, just before she died her skin was healed, her body was cleaned and redressed spotlessly, and dragged to bed without anyone noticing. Also I can't follow which side she was stabbed on. The first side examined had no resistance and no blood. They indicated this side was traumatic from the lack of resistance, but the other side had pooled blood which also indicated trauma.
Her muscles were torn apart by presumably more than one stab. The bloody muscles had all fallen to one side. So that side had a bunch of blood coagulated in the muscles, while the other side was missing muscles. Also, I think you can probably heal something like the skin after death, as long as it's soon after. The body's individual cells would all still be alive, after all.

Sudden two-chapter backstory on characters I don't know and don't care about. Why did the author do this?
Damn, that's right! I forgot the author was supposed to cater to your specific interests and short attention span and instead of what anyone else might want to read, like world-building or fleshing out relevant characters!
:huh: ffs

Dex-chan lover
SPOILER_image.png
EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE MY ENEMYYYYY

Dex-chan lover
So, why did we need to waste 2chapters on this again? I guess the author really wanted to do a murder mystery?
Sigh.
Sudden two-chapter backstory on characters I don't know and don't care about. Why did the author do this?
So the author could develop important supporting cast members, show their relationships with other supporting characters and set plot threads for future payoffs. Well handled character development is not filler. This is solid writing, maybe if you'd stop licking the walls clean and actually learn to read you would notice it.

Contributor
So the author could develop important supporting cast members, show their relationships with other supporting characters and set plot threads for future payoffs. Well handled character development is not filler. This is solid writing, maybe if you'd stop licking the walls clean and actually learn to read you would notice it.
To be fair, it's character development in a poor direction, which is why it felt like filler.

Given the Six Stars' likely position playing the ideological opposite to the MC (aka. A more relatable version of Culnelsen), being human supremacists and believers of the superiority of healing magic over medicine and the desire to stamp out the MC's actions by any means possible, as Zess had demonstrated in earlier chapters (especially calling MC the 'root of evil' back in chapter 19 and plotting to capture or kill the MC), good development would be in the veins of why they develop the belief in human supremacy or healing magic supremacy, and expanding on the concept of 'humans were given healing magic as a divine favor to stand above all other races'. Maybe a scene where they saw demihumans tyrannizing humans, or how quack doctors messed up whereas healing magic was proven effective.

However, these 2 chapters were only spent on demonstrating how tight-knit the Six Stars are, and tangentially establishing the conflict between Culnelsen and the Six Stars, both readers wouldn't mind taking at face value or don't care enough in a story that is focused on the MC.

Group Leader
Anyone who defends the absolute bore of reading these filler has never read anything with a good flow.

World building and "fleshing out characters" are an art form on its own, 2 months of yapping is not.

The good ideas are all there in these 2 interlude chapters, but the placement of them is dogshit. There are ways to maintain the continuity of the flow of storytelling without yapping for half (potentially, whole) a volume. Overlord made the same mistake, TsukiMichi made the same mistake.

Rookie writing mistakes basically. Everyone who thinks these two yapper chapters are boring are correct.

Dex-chan lover
With the new “big evil” introduced, I hope the author can keep with the original rule by their god about how only human can use healing magic and Amami is isekai’d as a loophole to give other race way to deal with injuries and sickness on their own but without giving them healing magic itself.

That priest is on his own, the demon king could force him to reveal the secret of healing magic.

Dex-chan lover
this chapter makes Ecles even more likely to be a reincarnated person. he teaches those kids stuff from modern knowledge and science, but modified it so its more easy to accept.

i guess the story now wants to shifts the antagonist from Ecles and his six star to the actual antagonists that are corrupt and straight up evil. while the six stars clearly has better morality, they also have "human supremacy" tendency like any other human in that world, which can still causes problem for MC activities

Users who are viewing this thread