Akuyaku Reijou Tensei Oji-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - School Festival Arc part 2

This is just my guess, but there is a unclearly-defined exclamation in Japanese, "uma" (accent on the second sylllable) that would be written in hiragana the same as "uma" (accent on the first syllable) which means "Horse" (although "Horse" would usually be written in kanji). It's a distortion of the word "umai" (which can mean everything from "delicious" to "skillful" to "promising", depending on the context.)

Since I'm not sure which statement was "uma" in the raw, I'm not sure what meaning to go with. It's a very multipurpose expression, more of an expression of emotion than anything else. Where the TL put "Deja Vu" perhaps? But in context, if it was there, it seems off. I would have expressed it as "Lucky!" or something.
It's actually a saying; 'to work hard as a horse',

there are a lot of unclear point that I want to fix, still waiting MD staff to respond to my request

*Edit, the chapter is fixed

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
May I suggest? 1st graders sound like elementary school students. I’m more familiar with first year, second year, and third year. Or you could do it the American way which is confusing to everyone but the Americans.

Dex-chan lover
Here are a few things I noticed:
  1. "Ikhtisar" in the first text box is an Indonesian word which means "summary"
  2. Page 13, I'm sure "suppository" should be "supposedly"
  3. Page 15, as someone else pointed out, her last sentence is something like "Feel free to make me work like a horse!" but I think the current iteration works fine.

Dex-chan lover
I'd just like to point out that even though this is an MTL translation of a translation it's still perfectly readable because the PR and QC actually care. There's so many garbage groups out their that make every excuse for not managing basic spelling and syntax, noun verb agreement, and spelling names differently every panel.

Page 6 1st panel has just a few minor tense and noun verb agreement errors.

Page 13 2nd panel, that is a truly unfortunate typo.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This is just my guess, but there is a unclearly-defined exclamation in Japanese, "uma" (accent on the second sylllable) that would be written in hiragana the same as "uma" (accent on the first syllable) which means "Horse" (although "Horse" would usually be written in kanji). It's a distortion of the word "umai" (which can mean everything from "delicious" to "skillful" to "promising", depending on the context.)

Since I'm not sure which statement was "uma" in the raw, I'm not sure what meaning to go with. It's a very multipurpose expression, more of an expression of emotion than anything else. Where the TL put "Deja Vu" perhaps? But in context, if it was there, it seems off. I would have expressed it as "Lucky!" or something.
I see. It could also be a region specific slang now that I think about it. This is interesting. Thank you very much for the reply.

Dex-chan lover

there are a lot of unclear point that I want to fix, still waiting MD staff to respond to my reques

Okay, so it applied to the "as if I were a beast of burden" line at the top of the frame. That makes more sense.

Since the note was so far away from the dialog bubble, I didn't even consider it might relate to that. I was trying to figure out where 'horse' could possibly fit in the closer bubbles.

Dex-chan lover
When i heard F.Mercury + genderswap this song autoplay :haa:
tumblr_love84oa0B1qdslbvo2_500.gifv

Dex-chan lover

they were talking about a beast of burden on that page, horses usually fill those roles

Aggregator gang
There is something intriguing and thought-provoking about the Japanese were not only able to carry through the years their own ideals of proper crossdressing, but even improve them with the help of Western theatrical travesty traditions. While in the modern west we have drag queens, yeah...

They have drag queens in Japan too and for decades at that. You can see them even more when they portrait the 80's because that's when they were the most popular. Japan is not a theme park on a different planet,every country has drag queens and especially transgender people even Muslim countries. Even my mom knew of them when she was little.

Group Leader

there are a lot of unclear point that I want to fix, still waiting MD staff to respond to my request
Yup you should be able to directly remove/replace the pages of the chapter you want to update.
And on the table on the right is written 新刊 (new book / publication), on the left it looks like 特製金属ヒーロー (deluxe metal hero) but it's a mess heh!

Users who are viewing this thread