Tensei Kizoku no Isekai Boukenroku ~Jichou wo Shiranai Kamigami no Shito~ - Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
Pardon shitty person, and have to deal with bullshit afterward. Why isekai protagonist keep doing this?
erwysc72iuv71.jpg

Dex-chan lover
dumbasses think they can enslave the GOAT in the series

kneel worm
also why hasn't he killed the fatass yet and added another fatass + his shit son to the hit list of yet to die? come on man
we wanna see them be bullied to death

Dex-chan lover
Lol, child abuse. That was discipline. Plus the hired thugs wanted to cut off Cain's arm couple chapters ago. And the father is equally, if not more to blame for enabling his son's behavior and by abusing his authority to cover up his sh*t

The MC lets the obvious corrupt noble off the hook in the morning. Tells him to stop abusing his authority. Literally the same day, the corrupt noble plots some shady sh*t. Good job Cain 👍

Dex-chan lover
also people saying its abuse clearly haven't been spanked by their parents before, the kid got off lightly all things considered.
he only got hit once for something grave, there's a difference between discipline and abuse, this isn't abuse this is VERY LIGHT discipline
if you think about it, it's very light because he's literally about to lose his fortune should things fail

Supporter
Lol, child abuse. That was discipline. Plus the hired thugs wanted to cut off Cain's arm couple chapters ago. And the father is equally, if not more to blame for enabling his son's behavior and by abusing his authority to cover up his sh*t

The MC lets the obvious corrupt noble off the hook in the morning. Tells him to stop abusing his authority. Literally the same day, the corrupt noble plots some shady sh*t. Good job Cain 👍
In the WN that was a point brought up that the kid never requested for Cain to be physically hurt. Only that the request was for the adventurers to threaten him. But then it was brushed away with Cain saying that it doesn't matter since he was about to lose an arm either way if he hadn't fought back.
Anyway, for all the people complaining about how this wasn't enough to prevent the father from doing more evil, then just wait for the plot to finish. It's a great story arc.

Dex-chan lover
Lol child abuse. No where near. But thanks for the heads up anyway and thanks for the translation

Fed-Kun's army
I was warned that the story would tone down in the later chapters, now I see why, god, my head hurts...

Supporter
also people saying its abuse clearly haven't been spanked by their parents before, the kid got off lightly all things considered.
he only got hit once for something grave, there's a difference between discipline and abuse, this isn't abuse this is VERY LIGHT discipline
if you think about it, it's very light because he's literally about to lose his fortune should things fail
Discipline is often used as an excuse for abuse. Discipline doesn't need violence, and violence only begets more violence. It's illegal in many countries to lay a hand on a child for good reason. It's not illegal in religious countries, but do you really want your sense of normal to mimic those kinds of nations?
With that said, people need to learn how to differentiate a fictional story from reality. It's because it's a work of fiction that it doesn't, and shouldn't, be limited by any norms of any society. A fictional story follows the rules set by the story, not by the world we live in.

Dex-chan lover
that trigger warning was VERY out of place.

Dude was slapped and yelled at.
we had someone around the same age lethaly poisoned chapters ago.
Cain, also same age, was threatened to have his arm cut off and only did not because he attacked back first.

seriously, how does ANYONE that thinks a slap is enough for a trigger warning ever read stories with child adventurers?
what do they think happens when a battle is not a curbstomp by the child?

Except we have seen way worse regularly in this series. Just a few chapters ago thugs wanted to maim the mc who is the same age. Hell lets address that for some reason we are being warned about a slap and book being thrown at him as if they are the dark part of the chapter, when we found out about a child slave ring existing. The warning over played it and was distracting as it changed the mood of the chapter as it primed you to expect somthing that just wasn't there. This mood shift can really hurt the chapter by shifting expectations. It was definitely excessive.
Also, all of this.

and what the hell. dude was caught just paying his way out of his and his family's crimes, a crime that would have cut someone's arm off just because his kid disliked him by the way, and "just promise to behave from now on"? does he really think this will do anything but make the dude worse?

should have at least done something to diminish their ability to do something like that again.
Get a fair amount of money as compensation. cain may have not been maimed, but the attempt was real! and the very fact someone was sent to do so meant they thought something on that level could be brushed off with some money - and very likely it is a sign they did it before. so take away their ability to pay up someone like that again!

as it stands, how do we know he won't just pay someone to relax his punishment? the reason Cain had to reveal he was a head of the family himself was because this country's laws are what gave him all that power.

as it is, the only reason he will be truly punished is not because of being caught, but because his victim was secretly too much.
which may be enough for you guys, but for me makes me think "what if he targeted someone related to him instead of going directly?"

Not to mention the fact that the noble himself hasn't actually done anything wrong besides being a bit conniving in trying to dodge the issue. This was entirely the fault of his very young child, would you really condemn the entire family to death or destitution for the independent ignorant action of a child?
Nah, the way the dude just jumped at the first oportunity to just sweep things under the rug with not only no sign of being annoyed at his child but even gleerful and gloating of getting away with it clearly shows this is far from the first time something like this was done, and as we later confirm it is just a sign of other things he swept under the rug with money.

And been some time since the last chapters but pretty sure this was not the only bad thing we know of the family doing, just the first he is able to be punished for.

Dex-chan lover
Discipline is often used as an excuse for abuse. Discipline doesn't need violence, and violence only begets more violence. It's illegal in many countries to lay a hand on a child for good reason. It's not illegal in religious countries, but do you really want your sense of normal to mimic those kinds of nations?
With that said, people need to learn how to differentiate a fictional story from reality. It's because it's a work of fiction that it doesn't, and shouldn't, be limited by any norms of any society. A fictional story follows the rules set by the story, not by the world we live in.
There's a bit a problem with this. You are right that violence and discipline are different. But physical punishment is not violence. And it's horrible to think that physical punishment is violence. That creates the notion that the problem is "What" is done and not the severity. And instead you have emotional and intellectual trauma being inflicted on kids and people going "Oh but it's not violence". And before anyone says "People will tell the difference" That is simply not true. A person will tell the difference, the masses will not. When you train the masses to respond to 'type' they will respond to everything in 'type' and not look at 'severity'. It is literally what is happening right now in America and a lesser extent in the UK on MANY topics. If we want the masses to be deep thinkers we have to treat them like they're deep thinkers and give them the responsibility of deep thinkers.

Supporter
There's a bit a problem with this. You are right that violence and discipline are different. But physical punishment is not violence. And it's horrible to think that physical punishment is violence. That creates the notion that the problem is "What" is done and not the severity. And instead you have emotional and intellectual trauma being inflicted on kids and people going "Oh but it's not violence". And before anyone says "People will tell the difference" That is simply not true. A person will tell the difference, the masses will not. When you train the masses to respond to 'type' they will respond to everything in 'type' and not look at 'severity'. It is literally what is happening right now in America and a lesser extent in the UK on MANY topics. If we want the masses to be deep thinkers we have to treat them like they're deep thinkers and give them the responsibility of deep thinkers.
Wait, what? It isn't my first language, so do please forgive me for mistakes, but I never claimed that physical punishment isn't violence, if that's what you're saying I claimed(?). I even stated that laying a hand on a child is illegal for good reason in many countries. As for physical punishments however, things such as forcing extra chores or doing situps or running laps and so on, wouldn't count as violence. However, acts of violence are pretty clear by themselves, such as hitting a child's body in any kind of way.

Dex-chan lover
This.

There is absolutely a huge problem in how there is no differentiation between discipline and abuse. It teaches kids that there are no consequences to their actions, which they will learn the hard way when they are teens/adults, sometimes with disastrous results. Same thing with trying to teach kids that everyone is an equal winner....

Wait, what? It isn't my first language, so do please forgive me for mistakes, but I never claimed that physical punishment isn't violence, if that's what you're saying I claimed(?). I even stated that laying a hand on a child is illegal for good reason in many countries. As for physical punishments however, things such as forcing extra chores or doing situps or running laps and so on, wouldn't count as violence. However, acts of violence are pretty clear by themselves, such as hitting a child's body in any kind of way.
Nope, agree to disagree here. Pain is absolutely a good negative reinforcement tool, as long as it is not taken too far. There are some kids that will not respond to anything but physical reinforcement.

Things like running laps can be abused too, so I don't see how that is any better than a spank or slap on the wrist.

Dex-chan lover
What a fucking dumbass. Not only is Cain an S-rank adventurer and a Count, but he's engaged to basically 2 fucking princesses. This must be the fucking greatest master plan to end all master plans if this guy thinks he'll be able to kill Cain, get away with it, AND somehow become rich at the same time?? I await the reveal with bated breath.

Supporter
There are some kids that will not respond to anything but physical reinforcement.

Things like running laps can be abused too, so I don't see how that is any better than a spank or slap on the wrist.
First of all, you claiming "will not respond to anything but" is more a reflection of what you yourself are limited to. It's falling into the world of research into psychology here, which I will not even pretend to know much about, but nobody advocates for violent acts, such as "spank or slap" to quote you. It's true that methods advocated for varies wildly, and some are more convoluted than others, but at the end of the day there's only research showing submissive behavior being learned and the lesson that using violence is a way to make someone stop. Which isn't a good lesson to learn, since it feeds into the spiral of violence begets more violence.
Keep in mind that you're literally advocating for physical violence to be used as a "learning tool".
As for my examples, those have a natural limit set by a child's stamina. And doing it repeatedly is still a physical reinforcement, as you claim is the only thing something some childs can respond to. And it teaches the habit of physical exercise.

Dex-chan lover
s set by the story, not by the world we live in.
ah yes the classic westerner defense where a little spanking or a small slap is equal abuse
irl this wouldn't consitute abuse, How is a slap to the face and you berating your kid for their clear fuck up that nearly cost you your entire livelihood and status in life constitute abuse or even violence?
huh? I would 100% understand if he beat up his kid that would be abuse , learn the difference

judging by the way you talk you were probably born in the west where that's illegal, how's that working for the rest of your society?
oh you can call spanking abusive all you want and not know the difference between discipline and violence all you want but its not like we have numerous cases of people getting violent at school endagering the lives of numerous people now do we?
no your countries are free to do whatever the hell you all want

With that said, people need to learn how to differentiate a fictional story from reality. It's because it's a work of fiction that it doesn't, and shouldn't, be limited by any norms of any society. A fictional story follows the rule

it isn't limited by the norms of society, like you said it does happen in some parts of the world, the only difference is we don't have school shootings where we're at and we don't have to force our kids to be homeschooled from fears of criminals who haven't been parented by their parents enough to actually be violent to our kin now do we?

edit: there is a clear line between discipline and child abuse, this wasn't child abuse, yes the dad in this fictional story is a piece of shit but the best he did was slap his kid who didn't even see it as that painful, if you look at it he's still trying to get away with endagering the lives of numerous people despite the fact and didn't go further into hitting his kid after he nearly cost them their fortune. Real Child abuse wouldn't have ended there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread