Mato Seihei no Slave - Vol. 17 Ch. 134 - The God's Proposition

Dex-chan lover
HOW DOES THE WHOLE SOUL THING WORK???
WHY IS IT THE LAST MANGA PANEL AND NOT ONE THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE IT’S FROM HIS EYES.
DOES THIS MEAN THAT THIS IS A THREE STEP HIERARCHY AND NOT A TWO?
THE TOP IS US THE READERS, AND THE BOTTOM IS THA CHARACTERS, BUT THIS PUTS IN A NEW LAYER BETWEEN US AND THE CHARACTERS, THE CHARACTERS WITHIN YUUKI’S MIND. DOES THIS MEAN THAT THEY SEE THE WORLD LIKE THOSE FUCKING MANGA READING CHANNELS?

Dex-chan lover
I've always been a fan of the trope where, in a world where superior strength is so common that it starts to lose its luster, disputes are then settled through war of words. GATE's senate summons, Overlord's Empire visit, and Youjo Senki's ep12 are prime examples of that trope done excellently.

Given that the Mato Defense has two unbeatable commanders in their midst, perhaps this mind game subterfuge decision-making truly is the way to go story-wise.

Dex-chan lover
to be fair the so-called gods started the fight in the first place. why did they decide to open the portal through our world, human beings with such high curiosity of course will enter the portal. Also, they're the ones who started the war by sending some monsters to attack humans. If they don't open anything the war wouldn't happen and the mato corps will not exist.

Dex-chan lover
And now we start the "I knew you knew that I knew that you knew that I knew it's a trap" cycle.

Of course, it's going to end with Ren losing, Yuuki saving her, and a fun reward, because that's the kind of series this is, but I'm going to sit back and enjoy the ride between here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread