Maken no Daydreamer - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Double-page supporter
The manga isn't bad, kinda of average in the Isekai genera. However i don't understand some plot points. I can't distinguish the MC with the 'protagonist syndrome' and without it.
One time they discuss for 3 chapter how the MC is disconnected from reality, and present as a huge deal, that i didn't catch all the seriousness of it. Then it finishes with the MC being 'reality slapped' by his relationship with Elk. Now i don't know if he was completely cured from this syndrome, is being treated with time or got back from his previous state. Again, i can't see what he does, think or behave to perceive the syndrome.
But now, Ohhhhh, now... The author put a existential/humanitarian reason for all the Bare Hands fight. What about the MC felling disconnected from reality until recently?
Am i dumb for not understand?
Retarded+am+i_78b5dd_4410556.gif

Dex-chan lover
@daishishi don't fret over it, vast majority of these "adaptations" are hella half-assed. Bordering on the "quick buck writing" style.

Dex-chan lover
Insects don't actually have blood. They have hemolymph, which serves some of the same functions, but the body handles it differently because they lack the closed circulatory system of vertebrates.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme real insects don't have blood, but magic world monsters, have different physiology. That's why you can get "meat" from insects, slimes, and even some of the less fleshy undead, in games. I remember getting some moldy meat from skeletons in a few rpgs, and in one, even ghosts dropped some spectral meat, which i would guess can count as vegan meat....

Dex-chan lover
@CountryMage Yeah, though to be fair if you alter the physiology enough, it can't be an insect anymore. Still, I only mentioned it as a random fact/correction. I like to write those occasionally in the comment thread if I haven't got anything meaningful to say about the actual chapter contents. It merely shows that even if one is writing a fantasy world story, the amount of background research is still large if small mistakes are meant to be avoided.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme I think it was in a movie, where they killed some bug monster, escaped from some illegal lab, that under the exoskeleton had densely packed muscles, looked like beef. I guess that's how you explain the contradictions to the square cube law, in stuff that doesn't just hand wave it away, you mix in traits from other creatures to balance out the issues.

author san you can dress ut up all you want in the end the mc
minato fights with his bare hands because he like to hit stuff with his barehands

Dex-chan lover
When Zaly casts his spell the verbal component includes the question, "What's the name of that song?"

Users who are viewing this thread